Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

??s for xo2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
No one pays retail on the HKS anymore, so no one lost $900.
We wouldn't LOSE 900 anyway because the quality of the HKS is so much better than the X02. And the only reason why my350z likes them is because the X02 isn't too short for their cars..
exactly you cant compare the 2..theres a reason why the xo2 is the cheapest exhaust for the g35 on the market lol..

Old 05-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The reason why people on my350z like the Xo2 is because they don't think they need the most top notch quality ****. They know their stuff more than here and understand that this exhaust is an amazing deal.

You must be thinking "hmm I own an infiniti so I need to buy the most expensive product there is".. I don't really care about the quality anyway.. Is my car constantly on a lift where people are staring at my exhaust? No. I live in arizona so I don't have to worry about snow/salt and rust.

There is no reason why you should pay over $1000 dollars for an exhaust. Same thing goes for rims.. If your rims arent $3-4000 then your rims are cheap.

In the end.. I don't mind at all sacraficing that 900 dollas for a lesser quality product when IMO.. Yes, MY OPINION the XO2 sounds better than the HKS

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY
exactly you cant compare the 2..theres a reason why the xo2 is the cheapest exhaust for the g35 on the market lol..
Yeah, the reason is that the price isn't jacked up because of the 3 letters "HKS"

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ninous26
In the end.. I don't mind at all sacraficing that 900 dollas for a lesser quality product
The problem with lesser quality is that you will have more problems with it later down the road such as welds breaking, cracking etc.... This will end up costing even more so your not really saving $900.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i dont have an exhaust yet, but I do not like the sound of the HKS at all, yeah it looks great, but I dont like it, for that money I would buy the FI exhaust. Above the Xo2, I would buy the Borla because I like it's look and sound.

As for ebay, searching for Xo2 wont bring it up I think, just search under G35 exhaust and it will pop up, its in the $250-400 range if you search by price.

I've actually considered buying it and then sourcing my own mufflers/tips for it since I have access to welders on a daily basis.

As for cracking welds, I would think most muffler shops wouldnt charge more than $200 to repair more than one weld crack, so you're still substantially under the HKS price.

Just my $.02, figure Im a little unbiased since I dont own an aftermarket exhaust yet.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know why people are judging this Xo2 exhaust so bad... Just because its CHEAP it doesn't mean the quality sucks... Just brainwashed.

When my exhaust came in the mail the welds looked good and the whole exhaust felt great to the touch.. Only problem was a bent tip due to forcing parts of the exhaust in my trunk..

If you've never seen the Xo2 then you should not judge it because of how much it costs... People see 1 horror story of rust and go ape **** saying that it sucks... The guy drove it in snow mixed with salt. Any kind of exhaust can rust.. Some quicker than others.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Only problem was a bent tip due to forcing parts of the exhaust in my trunk..
Yea thats some great quality there! Almost 99% of the time in the automotive industry, you get what you pay for..

Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
So wtf do you want me to say? Lie about something and say I gained 16 whp when I don't know for a fact? I'm being honest, I didn't really have big noticeable gains but its much more free flowing than the stock exhaust so its pretty much a fact that I gain hp.. I'm feeling a bigger gain with the crawford plenum I just installed.
Great logic.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
Yea thats some great quality there! Almost 99% of the time in the automotive industry, you get what you pay for..
LOL! Let me cram your hks in my trunk too.. I'll bet anything your tips would have bended too

Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I Have A Xo2 For Sale...give Me A Price..need To Sell It To Pick Up A Turbo Exhaust Pretty Soon...had It For About 3 Months Good Exhaust...great Sound...felt A Difference...best Bang For The Buck...let Me Know...cars In The Shop...will Get It Around The 22nd Of May...20 More Days!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Great logic.
Ok. I lost 50hp because the tips aren't made of titanium.. There I said it.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The reason why people on my350z like the Xo2 is because they don't think they need the most top notch quality ****. They know their stuff more than here and understand that this exhaust is an amazing deal.

You must be thinking "hmm I own an infiniti so I need to buy the most expensive product there is".. I don't really care about the quality anyway.. Is my car constantly on a lift where people are staring at my exhaust? No. I live in arizona so I don't have to worry about snow/salt and rust.

There is no reason why you should pay over $1000 dollars for an exhaust. Same thing goes for rims.. If your rims arent $3-4000 then your rims are cheap.

In the end.. I don't mind at all sacraficing that 900 dollas for a lesser quality product when IMO.. Yes, MY OPINION the XO2 sounds better than the HKS
You just lost your argument right there. No non OEM wheels can be had for less than that price that match the quality of the OEM 19's. Your arguments now have just become illogical

Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Ok. I lost 50hp because the tips aren't made of titanium.. There I said it.
Who said anything about the tips?

I haven't bashed the xo2 exhaust once in this thread. If it suits you, then great. I'm happy for yah.

Last edited by Calvin; 05-02-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
You just lost your argument right there. No non OEM wheels can be had for less than that price that match the quality of the OEM 19's. Your arguments now have just become illogical

I didn't mean 1000 for rims.. You should pay more than that to make sure you get some good quality. I would pay a lot more attention to rim quality than exhaust quality.... I was trying to infer that 3-4000 dollar rims are not the only way to go like a lot of the people on this forum say.

Your statement is true.

Last edited by officerdbag; 05-02-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Who said anything about the tips?

I haven't bashed the xo2 exhaust once in this thread. If it suits you, then great. I'm happy for yah.
Thanks brother!

haven't bashed the HKS either.. Just saying its not worth the money when you can get the same thing for a lot cheaper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ??s for xo2 exhaust