Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

eBay Intake Tube

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008 | 01:58 PM
|
eBay Intake Tube

Hi,

Does anyone here use intake tube from eBay? If so, would you please post a picture for me? I want to know who its fitment is.

I wanted to buy the UTR intake tube but it costs over $100...

Thanks a lot guys,
T

Old 05-17-2008 | 03:34 PM
You need to post a pic or link to what you are talking about. Is it just a metal z-tube, is it plastic, is it carbon fiber or something else?

Old 05-17-2008 | 06:27 PM
I think he's talking about one of those cheap aluminum ebay intakes... Honestly just go for it.. You're going to lose power no matter what. If its the sound you want then just get it. You wont win any car shows with that ugly thing but you'll get the sound.

Old 05-17-2008 | 06:51 PM
^^^LOL!..

well to the OP, long lecture short, dont get it, your wasting your time and money, you want something nice save up and get it or dont get it at all

Old 05-17-2008 | 06:58 PM
if you're seriously thinking about putting one of those cheap ebay intakes on ur car then ur better off installing an intake made out of pringle cans.

Old 05-17-2008 | 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
^^^LOL!..

well to the OP, long lecture short, dont get it, your wasting your time and money, you want something nice save up and get it or dont get it at all
+1 if you want something nice just save up and get something fancier than a no name thing.. In the end it still does the exact same thing that all the other intakes do.

Plus if someone asks you what intake you have and you reply "oh just one of those ebay intakes" they'll probably laugh at you

Old 05-17-2008 | 08:42 PM
Yuuup I'm very Anti-Ebay when it comes to parts, I myself had ebay parts and even when I changed it to a brand name part, it actually performed better Ebay **** is replica, i hate it, I mean unless I drive a honda or something why not, but we drive nice cars damn't. Of course if its a accessories for the car ebay might be ok but for perf. parts, fvcccccck that.

Old 05-17-2008 | 09:33 PM
check out the marketplace. You can find some good deals on intakes.

Old 05-17-2008 | 09:41 PM
Honda Accord
Get them, you'll pick up about 25HP and 35TQ with those. Cuz they're DYNO proven.

No, do not get them.

Old 05-18-2008 | 01:19 AM
|
LOL...guys, how about clam the fvck down?

I just wanted an eBay aluminum intake tube to powder coat to color I like. I don't want to buy UTR polish tube and powder coat after because it's going to be wasted of money. I was thinking maybe I can use eBay intake tube instead to bring the cost down a bit. So, I asked how its fitment is before make a purchase because of eBay name.

I don't think this thread would go anywhere.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys.

Originally Posted by ninous26
I think he's talking about one of those cheap aluminum ebay intakes... Honestly just go for it.. You're going to lose power no matter what. If its the sound you want then just get it. You wont win any car shows with that ugly thing but you'll get the sound.
If it's not good why would you tell me to go for it?
Please ask if I want sound, performance, or what before making conclusion because you just made yourselves retarded.

T

Old 05-18-2008 | 01:41 AM
here we go again.

Let's put it this way. An intake is only as good as the air flow and filtration.

Intake is just a pipe. If it has the correct size, good bend, it's the same as others.

Ebay filters are generally not good. I suggested you replace it with a good filter. I'm a fan of AMSoil filters.

Also, if you really want to maximize the power through intake, Velocity stack is the only way. ALL intakes in the market have square cuts, so air flow is only about 2/3 of its actual size. That's why a lot of people favor the JWT Pop charger, which basically is the V-stack with filter.

Basically, don't let these people talk you down. Ebay has mix of good and bad stuffs. I got my Injen Replica from ebay, it looks the same as any others (mind you I have real injen too). No different. Size, bent, etc. People talk about intake as if it's some rocket science or the tube is made out of gold or something. lol. Just fine the one that "looks" decent and go for it. There are, of course, some cheaply and poorly made intake (small, thin, bad hard ware mounts, etc.)

Well, that's enough for the night. I'm a lil buzz, so I'm going to hit the bed. Good luck on your venture bro. Hopefully you'll run into more people with open minds.

Old 05-18-2008 | 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
LOL...guys, how about clam the fvck down?

I just wanted an eBay aluminum intake tube to powder coat to color I like. I don't want to buy UTR polish tube and powder coat after because it's going to be wasted of money. I was thinking maybe I can use eBay intake tube instead to bring the cost down a bit. So, I asked how its fitment is before make a purchase because of eBay name.

I don't think this thread would go anywhere.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys.

If it's not good why would you tell me to go for it?
Please ask if I want sound, performance, or what before making conclusion because you just made yourselves retarded.

T
You want me to massage your ***** and ask you how it feels too? Why don't you make yourself more clear and tell us exactley what you want in your first post, not come back and criticize the ones trying to help.

They obviously fit as you can tell from the phucking picture the auction has posted up.. Tubes are tubes right? Only reason the ebay ones are cheap (cheap as in prices) is because there is no brand name slapped on the tube to mark up the prices.. Whats cheap quality wise is the filter, and that needs to be replace with something better.

Its pretty much a proven fact that any intake will lose power on these cars except for ONLY a z tube which helps you out.

Go buy the damn ebay intake, paint your own color like a ****en ricer and then wrap it up with heat tape so the tube stays cool.

Old 05-18-2008 | 02:53 AM
get a z tube. $50.
$100 is a lot for an ebay intake.

Old 05-18-2008 | 03:12 AM
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ninous26
You want me to massage your ***** and ask you how it feels too? Why don't you make yourself more clear and tell us exactley what you want in your first post, not come back and criticize the ones trying to help.

They obviously fit as you can tell from the phucking picture the auction has posted up.. Tubes are tubes right? Only reason the ebay ones are cheap (cheap as in prices) is because there is no brand name slapped on the tube to mark up the prices.. Whats cheap quality wise is the filter, and that needs to be replace with something better.

Its pretty much a proven fact that any intake will lose power on these cars except for ONLY a z tube which helps you out.

Go buy the damn ebay intake, paint your own color like a ****en ricer and then wrap it up with heat tape so the tube stays cool.

Old 05-18-2008 | 03:15 AM
hey Alan you need to add your intakes to your sig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay Intake Tube