Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

INJEN INTAKE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INJEN INTAKE

Do you guys konw which intake produces the most hp? My friends told me for G, injen is the best choice. I wonder is it worth to install it? and also will that lower my milage?

Black in Black, 2 tone tint, Premium, Piaa Xtrme WhitePlus,

Old 04-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Re: INJEN INTAKE

In my opinion, injen is not the best. I do not believe their claim of 14 or 17 (i cant remember exactly) horsepower gain to the wheels like they say it is on www.I-M-RACING.com. Those are just not logical numbers considering you are only replacing the intake. Dyno's can be very baised and there are many controlled factors that go into dyno's that only the people doing them are aware of. Especially when the people doing them are also the ones who want you to buy their product.

I have the JWT pop charger and Z tube (from everythingg35) and i believe their claim of about 5 horsepower gain to the wheels around 6000 rpms is an accurate and reasonable one. Not to mention the sound the car makes with these modifications after 3500 rpms at WOT (wide open throttle) is intoxicating and addicting. Do a search for different intakes on this site, i am sure you will find the information that you are looking for.

Evan

Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

They do have the dyno chart on the Injen site. Heres the link for the G-35 6MT

http://www.injen.com/webpages/testin...nal/RD1992.jpg

Just about 10 hp increase. I bought the Injen and love it! Really opens the cars midrange up and sound. Have no regrets.

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 04-28-2004, 10:50 AM

Yeah the best part of the injen can't be read on a dyno - it comes from the ram air effect at higher speeds and that can't be effectively simulated on a dyno. At 4000 in 3rd the car will pull harder with the cai.

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Injen CAI
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk ex-3500 Tweeter Upgrade/Shock Sensor/H-Liner Under Hood

Old 04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

No long tube Cai is a ram air, the wheel well is not a sealed compartment, it cannot pressurerise.And they do not have any part that funnel's air directly to the filter to pressurerise the system either. You'll get a cold air flow, but it does not pressurerise like the oem system does. In fact, check your filter regularly, even with the air flow in the wheel well, brake dust contamination does happen to the filter. My Injen filter was black when I pulled it off the car and sold the system, I spent a heck of a long time cleaning it.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 04-28-2004, 12:09 PM

Gsedan35 - what intake system(s) are you using now? Pop charger and Z-tube? Also, doesn't the Stillen system leverage the OEM ram air system? I've been thinking about getting the Stillen, but have heard that there is actually a loss of low-end torque. I'm all for higher HP at the upper end of the RPM range, but jumping off the line is one of the things I like best about my car and I wouldn't want to sacrifice my low end torque at all.

-townsley-
2003.0 Premium BS/Willow 5AT Sedan
ZTube/K&N Filter/Sport Suspension
Grounded/Tinted/Splash Guards
Lip spoiler/Aluminum Pedals
Battery Disconnect Switch

Old 04-28-2004, 12:31 PM

This can be debated all day. People with the Injen think it's best and then you have people who went with the Z tube and JWT popcharger who think that's best. I have the Injen so I have to ofcourse say that it's best. lol But seriously, the injen sucks in the air from below the car and it has been proven to give you more power. Even Tadashi from Technosquare, who does all the ECU reflashes says that the popcharger doesn't get as much power as the cai does. He said it's pulling warm air in from his testing.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 PM

I dont think there's a real ram air action going on but sticking the nose of the cai into the open air down in the front spoiler must gove you something at 70 mph that a intake sitting at hood level can not. just my O

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Injen CAI
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk ex-3500 Tweeter Upgrade/Shock Sensor/H-Liner Under Hood

Old 04-29-2004, 12:42 AM

Out of the 2 which sounds better?
looking for deep sound ...
not the sound you hear on the souped up hondas you see driving around

Old 04-29-2004, 01:14 AM

I have the Injen and love it. But my filter is black and I was wondering where the other Injen owners get there filters. I would like to get a smaller diameter so I can get it out easier. Can I do that?

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Clear Corners
Grounding Wires
255/45ZR17's rear

Old 04-29-2004, 02:42 AM
Team Transport Member

smokinG I have the same problem its gets dirty as hell but man it's like night and day with that intake. the stock bo sucks! i wouldnt go with a smaller filter i know its a pin to get out everytime but you need that surface area.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:02 AM

hey, so you didn't like the injen and sold it? Is the brake dust the major problem that made you sold your system?

Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 AM

Conclusion:

Pop-charger : suck in warm air

CAI- brake dust

Old 04-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Brake dust???? thats streaching it a bit far dont you think? I cant see how theres enough brake dust to cause and issue or how it would even get to the filter. I dont have that problem with mine ... weird

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 04-29-2004, 06:16 PM

I just had the Stillen installed with a Z tube. I haven't heard the JWT but I will say that my car at wide open throttle sounds damn near like an indy car. I had a friend drive my car around the block underneath a freeway underpass (reverberation off concrete amplifies the sound effect) and you would not expect to see a sedan producing these sounds. I am pretty sure that my low end torque has increased because I damn near broke the wheels loose during a three two down shift (5AT) with dry pavement. BTW: I have 235/55/17 Michelin Pilot Sports on the car. They have approximately 8k on them. One other thing about this mod. It's like an on/off switch. I can drive it in a manner that produces hardly any noise. So on my long commute home I don't have to deal with any droning or the like. I contemplated going with an exhaust and if I do it will probably be the Borla as it's not that loud. I like having the ability to produce some other wordly noise when I want to.

The funny thing is a while back another friend said he heard a "G" that sounded crazy - but appeared to have a stock exhuast, at the time I didn't know what he was talking about. I now know the sound he was referring to

"03.5" G35-S Ivory Pearl Sport/Prem/Aerodyn-RS
"02" MBZ C-320 Sport Wagon Brilliant Silv/C-2 pac

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: INJEN INTAKE