Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Bought Turbo Kit Have Question about Adding Headers!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought Turbo Kit Have Question about Adding Headers!!

Hey guys new to the forum hoping someone knows an answer to this question. First off I just bought a turbo kit from turbo-kits.com you can see the turbo at this url http://www.turbo-kits.com/g35_turbo_kits.html, i bought the first one the turbonetics one. Ok yes it comes with its own headers (exhaust manifold) But I bought borla headers, and a borla exhaust, does ANYONE know if my borla headers will still fit with this kit, instead of using the manifold they have sent me. Thanks for any input you may have!!! --Max Ohh also bought a Kinetix Intake Manifold anyone know if I have to buy a bigger Throttle Body, or Vacum Hoses for this thing the dude I bought it from didnt know, or is it just a direct replacement for the stock and dont need to do anything but tune the car thanks again!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TN kit comes with a cross over pipe to merge the 2 banks together so it is after the headers. You should be able to run a header that fits like oem to where the cats would be.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Thank you, just wasnt sure if the borla headers were anything like the stalk headers

Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Would they have clearance issues with the downpipe?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Which Kinetix manifold? But yea it should be a direct bolt on. You doing install yourself or having it professionally installed? Good tuning is SOOO important for FI so if I were you would definitely get a UTEC or at the very least emanage and get it tuned by a well known and liked tuner for the G's. Make sure you do a lot of time looking at info in the FI section too, theres a lot of important info on turbo's and needed accessories. Was gonna go FI myself but cant afford it right now, cost way more than just the kit itself.