Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Question about G35 Aftermarket exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about G35 Aftermarket exhaust systems

Hey guys, I'm a 07 Toyota Tundra owner and live next to this college guy that drives a G35 with exhaust system that sounds like a jet airplane. And yes, It's really f*cking annoying. I've never heard an exhaust like his. I almost feel bad for the guy because it sounds terrible, but he rides around with his window down and arms out like it's cool or something. Does anyone know this exhaust system, or if he just cut something off? Being a V6, I wouldn't know because no one ever puts exhaust systems on them. I would like to know so I can disable it for his own good. It makes me sour every time i have to see him pulling out.
Also, I thought the G35's were faster? I barely beat a G35 at the track with my Tundra stock, and then absolutely smoked the same G35 at the track after I had my supercharger installed.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
maybe he has that "turbo" speaker under his hood that they sell on ebay.....

Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
you dont f with someone elses car, no matter how annoying it is

Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't think you understand how annoying it is. Plus, I'm doing it for his own good. Plus, he's fat

Old 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Stick a couple of potatoes in his tailpipes.. After he digs them out he can eat them for dinner..

Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
reason you beat him was beacuse of the added wieght

and i would never compair a truck to a coupe its like apples to oranges

and about the exhaust karama comes back and bites so if i were you id just tell him to sign up here and we can flame him to the point where he knows whats rice and whats hot

Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
get a picture or a video, my guess would be the rsr or the invidia one, both are loud and annoying when used without cats

actually any almost any non-turboed car w/ aftermarket exhaust and no cats is going to be loud and annoying

and yes, g35's are slow, they aren't really race cars, they're more like sporty touring cars, so bite our bozos

if it sounds like a jet it might be supercharged, like this one

Last edited by jonahlw; 10-06-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundraguy
Hey guys, I'm a 07 Toyota Tundra owner and live next to this college guy that drives a G35 with exhaust system that sounds like a jet airplane. And yes, It's really f*cking annoying. I've never heard an exhaust like his. I almost feel bad for the guy because it sounds terrible, but he rides around with his window down and arms out like it's cool or something. Does anyone know this exhaust system, or if he just cut something off? Being a V6, I wouldn't know because no one ever puts exhaust systems on them. I would like to know so I can disable it for his own good. It makes me sour every time i have to see him pulling out.
Also, I thought the G35's were faster? I barely beat a G35 at the track with my Tundra stock, and then absolutely smoked the same G35 at the track after I had my supercharger installed.
It's probably missing a part or has test pipes or no cats on it. G35's sound great, especially with an exhaust on, but some people put on test pipes or do something to make the exhaust too loud.
example:

Trust me, people mod V6's. And respectfully, you should not beat a G35 if you are stock, it was probably a bad driver. G35's are relatively fast, they usually run low 14's in the 1/4 mile stock while yours is high 14's stock. And of course your gonna win with a supercharger and a much bigger engine. But trust me, your Supercharged Tundra vs. a turbo G35, that G35 is gonna win. I say all of this out of respect, the Tundra is a great truck. Don't let that 1 G35 driver tarnish the reputation, it seems that now that the price has dropped, some ricers can buy the car now.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
I have a G Coupe and my brother has 2 Toyota Tundras... Cant we just get along?

Yes our G's are fat slow pigs...

Get some pics of his exhaust

Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't know, it could supercharged but the sound is loud even when he's just idling.. I guess i have never heard a V6 supercharged in person before.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Quit acting like a b*tch and get out of other people's business. True, some people have very bad taste. But it's still none of your business...

You sound like the annoying neighbor that can't mind their own and has to stick their nose in everyone else's affairs. Either that, or you're just a troll.

Last edited by dofu; 10-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Annoying neighbors **** me off more than anything, our neighbors called the cops on us for shooting fireworks on new years eve.....

Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
pics of exhaust!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Quit acting like a b*tch and get out of other people's business. True, some people have very bad taste. But it's still none of your business...

You sound like the annoying neighbor that can't mind their own and has to stick their nose in everyone else's affairs. Either that, or you're just a troll.
Your precisely right, but it's kind of hard to ignore the sound of a f*cking jet engine rolling through your neighborhood. I'm just a very observant person. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Annoying neighbors **** me off more than anything, our neighbors called the cops on us for shooting fireworks on new years eve.....
Lmao

pics of exhaust!!!
Man, I'd love to show you what i'm talking about, but it would look a little weird if i'm outside taking pictures of his exhaust haha. But I realized today that it's not his exhaust, it was loudest from under his hood. Maybe he has a loud intake and Supercharger? Definitely sounds like some medal, hollow, and spinning. Also, it has a different tune from the exhaust. So, i am coming to the conclusion that it's supercharged. It just throws me off because i don't really hear the usual S/c "sound" that i know when he accelerates. And like I said before, I think it maybe because it's a V6. Oh well, I was just curious about this and figured I could get an immediate answer.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
^^^^ race him and find out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about G35 Aftermarket exhaust systems