Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Decided to do a little polishing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
what kind of machine shop?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by biggz786786
what kind of machine shop?
my powder coater uses a shop nearby... they lightly polished the plenum prior to powder coating so the dimples wouldn’t show specks... they can mirror finish polish if requested for $60

If you are in So Cal I can get the shop name for you... otherwise I guess you should ask around in the regional forum for your area.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
my powder coater uses a shop nearby... they lightly polished the plenum prior to powder coating so the dimples wouldn’t show specks... they can mirror finish polish if requested for $60

If you are in So Cal I can get the shop name for you... otherwise I guess you should ask around in the regional forum for your area.

I dunno what kinda polishing you're finding for that price because I got about $1,200 in polished parts on my v8 project and I asked around quite a bit before I let a shop do it but I ended up going with a shop that specialized in polishing and chroming.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
omg, SxExCx(sean) came by today and save my life, everything polish really nice!
pm him guys!

Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
^thanks, Im glad you like the finished product

Old 12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by tecni
I dunno what kinda polishing you're finding for that price because I got about $1,200 in polished parts on my v8 project and I asked around quite a bit before I let a shop do it but I ended up going with a shop that specialized in polishing and chroming.
This is comparing apples to oranges... we're talking about the upper plenum. It’s not expensive.

I could get the entire thing black chromed (not powder coated, true black chrome) for $100 or less… polishing the outside of the upper plenum is not that pricey – period. Sorry if that frustrates you.

There is a local guy here that does polishing too – and he has helped me with other stuff quite a bit – I consider him a friend… so for that reason, I’m not going to comment any further because I don’t want to sway ppl away from the quality of work he does (and I don’t know what he charges).

Edit -oh, he posted right above me

Old 12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Why would that frustrate me? If you can get your butthole polished for 3 dollars, more power to you bud. I'm not hating on the fact that you got it done for cheap.

This is comparing apples to oranges... we're talking about the upper plenum. It’s not expensive.

I could get the entire thing black chromed (not powder coated, true black chrome) for $100 or less… polishing the outside of the upper plenum is not that pricey – period. Sorry if that frustrates you.

There is a local guy here that does polishing too – and he has helped me with other stuff quite a bit – I consider him a friend… so for that reason, I’m not going to comment any further because I don’t want to sway ppl away from the quality of work he does (and I don’t know what he charges).

Edit -oh, he posted right above me

Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Why would that frustrate me? If you can get your butthole polished for 3 dollars, more power to you bud. I'm not hating on the fact that you got it done for cheap.
you're a real class act

Old 12-13-2008, 01:34 AM
you're a real class act
...and you should get out more.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
what about update on the polishing?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:30 AM
$60-$100 at a local machine shop - or if local in So Cal, hit up Sxexcx for quality detailed work (and steer clear of the queer that spent a grand - apparently he's butt hurt).

Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 AM
$60-$100 at a local machine shop - or if local in So Cal, hit up Sxexcx for quality detailed work (and steer clear of the queer that spent a grand - apparently he's butt hurt).

Another one for the worthless post count.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:50 AM

I had to stop polishing since I had to assemble the motor and drop it in. I'll post some engine bay pics possibly tomorrow.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Another one for the worthless post count.
How is it worthless when it offered 2 options for the posters question?

You seem to have some self esteem issues by continuing to post your worthless comments... I haven’t seen you provide anything of value to the thread. In fact if you search my threads and posts you'll find that the majority is sharing information that other enthusiasts may benefit from - something that very knowledgeable people had done for me years ago before the site became riddled with unless crap like your posts.

For many of us this site is part of our hobby as enthusiasts of the G… for people like you its clear this site is nothing more than a chat room to create drama – use your own advise about “getting out more”… how about getting out there and doing something with your car then helping the community by sharing your experience – rather than sit behind your computer like a tough guy typing non-sense.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:40 PM
WHo's booty-hurt? Look at you throwing up 2 paragraphs trying to sound like you're the responsible member here. I can't believe you're still talking. Go rack up your post count on someone else's thread.

How is it worthless when it offered 2 options for the posters question?

You seem to have some self esteem issues by continuing to post your worthless comments... I haven’t seen you provide anything of value to the thread. In fact if you search my threads and posts you'll find that the majority is sharing information that other enthusiasts may benefit from - something that very knowledgeable people had done for me years ago before the site became riddled with unless crap like your posts.

For many of us this site is part of our hobby as enthusiasts of the G… for people like you its clear this site is nothing more than a chat room to create drama – use your own advise about “getting out more”… how about getting out there and doing something with your car then helping the community by sharing your experience – rather than sit behind your computer like a tough guy typing non-sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Decided to do a little polishing