Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Rev-Up airbox on a VQ35DE - special note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
it was never implied that the air box cover horn was BIGGER in diameter.. just LONGER... it can't be bigger and expected to fit the OEM intake system.. it's just longer to provide a bit more intake volume acceleration... old school "ram air' technology if you will.. but not quite as pronounced as when implementing a true tuned intake velocity stack design.. but is still an improvement over the virtually non existent one in the earlier OEM models.. just looks like a giant brass grommet, rather than an intake horn!!

I love the improvement in throttle response and drivability, as well as the sweet sound it gives to the system as a whole, when combined with the HR pipe mod... very sweet indeed!!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Hey guys. I was wondering if the 06-07 350z have this same revup box. I'd like to see if they do. Someone's selling theirs ( 06z ) and I wanted to know if it was the same part.

With my newly installed HR-Y pipe... I too would like to take advantage of the revup's velocity stack on it's airbox

Originally Posted by RicoG35x
hey buds...

Don't let this thing snowball.. the part number I received when I ordered my 06 Air Box from Everything G35 is p/n# 16526-AC700... the air horn on this bad boy is HUGE in comparison to my 04 air box.

To de-mystify all of this.. "man-up" and simply open the air box, pull the air cleaner back and you will KNOW as soon as you see it.. the stock is a puny metal grommet looking device, no air horn to speak of... whereas the 06 has a VERY pronounced air horn about 1.5 inches or so tall.. like a small trumpet.. you WILL know when you see it.. the pictures really don't do it justice.. until you see it in front of you.. very sweet.. and it gives your intake a very throaty sound on acceleration and from 2700 on up it resonates very nicely ESPECIALLY when dropping into "passing mode" at highway speed.. very sweet indeed!!

check it out man!

for those of you with the HR Y-pipe.. this really compliments the system.. it gives it that very nice throaty "DE" sound"... from OEM hardware at that!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I don’t think so... the threaded inserts that the MAFS housing bolts up to are silver too (original is gold/bronze) - even the threads – I don’t think heat would/could change the color…. The capped off nipple is also silver on new, gold on old… what is that for anyway?

It's really not an issue, I'm just wondering if anyone else that ordered replacement got silver or gold?

Can we just order the stack itself instead of just ordering the entire box? I would mind opening up my box one more time and installing the shoe horn velocity stack myself

Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Can we just order the stack itself instead of just ordering the entire box? I would mind opening up my box one more time and installing the shoe horn velocity stack myself
nope. Stack is not avail by itself.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys. I was wondering if the 06-07 350z have this same revup box. I'd like to see if they do. Someone's selling theirs ( 06z ) and I wanted to know if it was the same part.

With my newly installed HR-Y pipe... I too would like to take advantage of the revup's velocity stack on it's airbox
you need some FI HFCs to go with that HR y-pipe.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
you need some FI HFCs to go with that HR y-pipe.
Ah yah yie! Between you and Eric I'm going to be broke lol. For what it's worth I am loving the Y pipe. Now I just need this new revup box, those HFCs and that K2 bumper and I should be all set for a while right fellas?

And to think my 30k mile sevice is creeping up (29,800 now). I see the $$$ signs starting to add up

Real quick do you guys know if the 06 350z box fits or a the same as the G airbox?

Last edited by tiguy99; 02-08-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just paid for my rev-up air box to be shipped

Thanks for the heads up on this guys, GREAT info!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yah yie! Between you and Eric I'm going to be broke lol. For what it's worth I am loving the Y pipe. Now I just need this new revup box, those HFCs and that K2 bumper and I should be all set for a while right fellas?

And to think my 30k mile sevice is creeping up (29,800 now). I see the $$$ signs starting to add up

Real quick do you guys know if the 06 350z box fits or a the same as the G airbox?
Well, I've got on 06 rev up air box Ill throw in for you if you take the HFCs. Seriously.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Dang Lek... The deal just got THAT much sweeter. Hang on I'm still workiing out what I mentioned to you in the PM

Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Z airbox will NOT fit the G. It's been posted a few times in here.

I just put mine on today. I did mods in the following order:

Blitz SUS Power drop in filter (in OEM DE Airbox) +1, good sound, no real gains, maybe a bit more responsive, but the OEM filter was damn near BLACK.

5/16th Motordyne Spacer with Copper Iso-Thermal kit. +10'd. MUCH more mid-range response, and a bit torque-e-er (is that a word?) before 3400 and the torque just keeps coming on.

05 Rev-Up airbox. +10'd again. This really brought out the past 2 mods. Far more pronounced intake "growl", much more of that "whistle" everyone loves, and WAY better response WAY earlier.

I would say dollar for dollar, the RU airbox is the best mod I've done so far. Absolutely awesome and I'm really glad I found this thread!!

I will tell everyone here to DO IT!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
That's great news! Always good to hear positive reviews. I'm getting a Z v-stack. I'll have to drill out the rivets and swap stacks.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Godman's was actually the first one to do the HR y-pipe, but didn't really post up much about it. I don't think I was the one to come up with the airbox idea either. All I've done is post up my experiences with both mods. It appears that everyone that has installed the two parts seem to love them and share my experience.
Shhh =) You are the one who are posting to help everyone here! Real kudos to you.

I did the Rev-up airbox before the HR y-pipe, but didn't notice any difference ...

Old 02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I'm getting a Z v-stack. I'll have to drill out the rivets and swap stacks.
Jeff, keep us updated on how this goes. I'm getting an HR Y-pipe from a Z owner who took it off right after buying, and I'm pretty sure he has the airbox too. I don't want to pay for it if it's going to be a PITA to do all that drilling/riveting. I'd rather keep searching for a G model or use the money towards the $80-ish to buy OEM.

BTW, were you a regular on alt.autos.nissan.maxima a while back? The name looks very familiar.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I don't think the HR airbox v-stack will work as they have dual airboxes. I imagine the stack is smaller in dia. I was on maxima.org all the time. Still am.

You want a Rev up airbox from the G if you want a straight swap. The HR Y is a good find though!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
The HR airboxes have smaller diameter MAFs. The velocity stacks (if they have them), won't work. Too small of a diameter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rev-Up airbox on a VQ35DE - special note