Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Nismo exhaust extension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nismo exhaust extension

Am I the only one that can't get the Nismo exhaust install with a 6 inch extension? Everybody here said the extension is 6 inches long but no matter what I do, it's off by 2" inches. Any sugestions?

Wayne

Old 06-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Re: Nismo exhaust extension

If you want to buy the extension, go here, click on <font color=blue>G35</font color=blue>, then click on <font color=blue>Exhaust</font color=blue>. I've attached a photo so you can see what it looks like. If you want another 2 inches buy the Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust. The company Fujitsubo makes the Nismo exhaust and the Fuji- Legalis-R is made specifically for the G35 (not the 350 Z), so you'll get larger tips and tips that are the correct length.

If you look at the bottom of the midpipe on the Nismo exhaust you'll see the 6 inch extension attached to make it the same length as the fujitsubo midpipe. The only problem is that the Nismo muffler tips are about 2" shorter than the fujitsubo muffler tips.

FYI, esemes (SMS) has recently posted photos of the Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust on his coupe (along with photos of his Vortec S/C, lucky bastard). Do a search and you'll find it.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

288142-nismo 6 inch extension.jpg

Old 06-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Re: Nismo exhaust extension

I like that disclaimer. I sure you are right. I knew before hand when I bought the Nismo exhaust that tips are going to be shorter. But I'm also off be 2" between the mid pipe and y-pipe. I'm using a JIC y-pipe but I don't think make any difference.