Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

A year in review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A year in review...

It has been a year since I installed my Strup headers, Fast Intentions Metal cats and SS Intimidator exhaust. Here’s a little history…

The mods to date (I’ve had all of these on for a year)…

Z-Tube, K&N Drop-In Filter
Motordyne Plenum, 5/16 Upper Spacer, Ported Upper Plenum
Copper ISO-Thermal Throttle Body Spacer, ISO-Thermal Engine Gaskets

Strup Polished Stainless Steel Headers
Fast Intentions Stainless Steel 300 Cell Metallic Cats
Fast Intentions Stainless Steel Intimidator True Dual Exhaust
Technosquare ECU Reflash (I got this done last)
8 Wire 4 Gauge Grounding Kit
Front Strut Tower Brace

I started the exhaust install w/ headers and cats while waiting for the FI exhaust to arrive. With Headers and cats on a stock exhaust the RASP is horrible. But once my FI Intimidator was on the rasp was gone, but the exhaust volume was unbearable. I couldn’t deal with it on a day to day basis, so I got some Car Chemistry inserts to lower the volume, and they did wonders. Five months later I decided to uncork the exhaust (remove the Car Chemistry inserts), and to my surprise, either I was just use to the rumble or the volume was totally bearable and Oh so sweet. I’m starting to guess that when the shop installed my exhaust there was a leak by the cat flange, I re-tourqed all the bolts since then.

So hear is my year in review…

This setup is truly amazing, the note at idle is so dam low and grumbly. It sounds like I dropped a v8 in there. All my other mods add to this, it just pulls from as low as 1300 with no effort, and when you mash the throttle it comes alive. Driving puts a grin on my face every time. The sweet part is that around town you can shift @ 2k and keep it “somewhat” quiet if you want to, but trust me there’s no hiding the ultra LOW rumble this exhaust puts out all the time. I’ve gotten compliments on the system from strangers. There is no rasp all the way to redline. If had to do it all over again; I would not change a thing except make sure all the bolts are tight.

All of these pieces work together so well, the Motordyne mod has to be my favorite but the exhaust parts are close second. And the Technosquare ECU Reflash brings everything together.

2005 G35 6MT

Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM
hey I just got my 06 6MT I have been surfing through the threads trying to decide what exhaust to buy and I am leaning towards the Fast Intentions. my question is what exactly is "8 Wire 4 Gauge Grounding Kit" and what does it do? I am sure I could go searching but figured I would ask as I am not starting a new thread
any help would be much appreaciated

Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
We are glad to see that you are satisfied even down the road. This is a huge part as to what makes it all worth it for us...

Thank you, Tony

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by awolv
hey I just got my 06 6MT I have been surfing through the threads trying to decide what exhaust to buy and I am leaning towards the Fast Intentions. my question is what exactly is "8 Wire 4 Gauge Grounding Kit" and what does it do? I am sure I could go searching but figured I would ask as I am not starting a new thread
any help would be much appreaciated

Give me a call so I can go over the many options you have with our exhaust. Let's get you locked in at that sale price before its gone...

Thanks, Tony
Fast Intentions Inc.
(818) 882-2778