Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Amuse Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
JIC Magic definitely makes one of the better y pipes for our cars.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
How the performance on the Amuse exhaust? All I ever hear about it is that it looks and sounds good, but no one ever talks about its performance, lol. I would think that with that price tag, you'd get a decent amount of hp out of it.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by C
^Who sold the Amuse exhaust for $2300 shipped?

ExoticSpeed's is basically a replica, IMO. There's a reason ExoticSpeed named their exhaust R1-T...Amuse R1 Titan.

Amuse R1 Titan:

ExoticSpeed R1-T:

I wouldn't really consider it a replica as replicas are usually a cheap version of the original. the exotic speed has very good craftsmanship, welds and fitment. they use a similar design which the company also uses on its exhaust made for all sorts of other cars. This exhaust is made of stainless steal and the mufflers, mid-pipe resonator, and tips are titanium. Only thing about it that bothers me is how dramatic the bend is which goes to the first muffler. You can see how much smoother the bend is on the real amuse.

I paired this exhaust with the motordyne XYZ pipe+resonator and I love it. not too too loud but a very nice low sound to it.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Overglorified Altima
It's relatively cheap at less than half the cost. That's a typical stereotype of replicas that does not always hold true, as you've shown (said).

It may not be an exact replica (I was using that term loosely), but there's no question that the ExoticSpeed is directly influenced by the Amuse. Hence the similarity in name...

Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
viceversa do you have any sound clips of the exotic speed exhaust with the motordyne XYZ pipe+resonator?

Old 12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Not yet. I plan on doing a full review once we stop getting such ****ty weather over here on the east coast

Old 12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
How the performance on the Amuse exhaust? All I ever hear about it is that it looks and sounds good, but no one ever talks about its performance, lol. I would think that with that price tag, you'd get a decent amount of hp out of it.
I agree.

To the people who have this exhaust, dyno it and tell us if it makes power with that 4k price tag.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by viceversa
Not yet. I plan on doing a full review once we stop getting such ****ty weather over here on the east coast
sweet, thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jairen
I agree.

To the people who have this exhaust, dyno it and tell us if it makes power with that 4k price tag.
yes, it makes power, about average gains for an exhaust imo. But most people buy the Amuse for looks, sound, and exclusivity, not for $/hp.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
yes, it makes power, about average gains for an exhaust imo. But most people buy the Amuse for looks, sound, and exclusivity, not for $/hp.
Exactly.

PS - either I haven't been hanging around the tech area much lately (which I haven't), or you've been MIA. How's the ride coming along?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C
Exactly.

PS - either I haven't been hanging around the tech area much lately (which I haven't), or you've been MIA. How's the ride coming along?
Yea, I've been lurking round lately. The car's great (a lil idle issue to work out)--but running strong. It's parked now though (had to take off the Volk's and put on the winter set)--Most likely will not see much of any driving until the spring.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I thought so, thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by C
The y-pipe is like another $1200+ I believe. It's a cat-delete y-pipe.
Originally Posted by idontcare4
Thx guys including you C. What would be a sexy Y-pipe to get?

Originally Posted by C
JIC Magic definitely makes one of the better y pipes for our cars.
the JIC y-pipe from first hand experience is one of the best for your cars. I had a full jic magic spartan exhaust. C aka calvin can tell you how loud and mean that ish sounded. i think i spend a total of under 1500 for that exhaust and it sounded bad *** for a full cat-back. but if you got 4 to 6k to spend on a full exhaust from amuse meaning muffler mid-pipe y-pipe & cat delete go for it. post sound clips and review

Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
the amuse isnt going to give you much of HP gain as you would expect for its price, HP gains will be about the same as the HKS or FI, now the Amuse does look very good and is ultra light. When i changed out the exhaust system (Ypipe back) i could easily break my rear end loose with out any doubt. Plus the amuse is just badass priod.

Its funny though where i live is pretty much rednecks and wiggers, they all always question why my tips are painted like that or ask me why my exhaust gets so hot lol.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
the amuse isnt going to give you much of HP gain as you would expect for its price, HP gains will be about the same as the HKS or FI, now the Amuse does look very good and is ultra light. When i changed out the exhaust system (Ypipe back) i could easily break my rear end loose with out any doubt. Plus the amuse is just badass priod.

Its funny though where i live is pretty much rednecks and wiggers, they all always question why my tips are painted like that or ask me why my exhaust gets so hot lol.
maybe they think it's illegal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Amuse Exhaust