Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fujitsubo y-back Motordyne XYZ & Fast Intentions resonated test pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujitsubo y-back Motordyne XYZ & Fast Intentions resonated test pipes

I first installed the Fujitsubo Legalis exhaust with the Motordyne XYZ pipe with straight pipe module. I liked it a lot; the looks, fit, and overall quality are very good to me. It performed great too on its own, I noticed an improvement throughout the power band. I would have been satisfied but the sound was just a touch too quiet for me.

I knew this could happen going into it but I chose to start out quieter instead of louder with the option to make it louder and faster if needed. After much deliberation I decided to install Fast Intentions resonated test pipes and add the cat module from Motordyne in the y-pipe.

The result is pretty much perfect for me. It sounds nice and deep at idle and not too loud unless you get on it. The best way I can describe it is an aggressive metallic sound as the RPMs build. The overall db level is increased a good amount. In person and under normal driving conditions there is zero rasp. There would definitely be too much rasp for me without the cat module. Actually, throwing in the MD resonator module would probably sound optimal to me but I wouldn't want the odor so cat module it is.

There were no fitment issues except a little high temp silicone between the midpipe and y-pipe.

Last edited by solobaric; 01-09-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: bad sound clip
Old 12-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
what configuration do you have installed on that sound clip? is that with test pipes and motordyne HFC? I have been thinking about going that same route. Can you do a sound clip of WOT from a stand still?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clip includes the Fuji exhaust, MD XYZ w/cat module, and FI resonated TPs.
Originally Posted by viceversa
what configuration do you have installed on that sound clip? is that with test pipes and motordyne HFC? I have been thinking about going that same route. Can you do a sound clip of WOT from a stand still?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Need to hear that car under load...in motion. and from inside the cabin as well

Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Too high pitched/raspy for my tastes. Then again, like you said, it may just be a poor clip.