Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Godspeed (HKS replica) exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Godspeed (HKS replica) exhaust

Anyone have this one and care to comment how it sounds compared to the X02? I know there's a clip on youtube, but wanted others who have it to comment based on your experience.

I've noticed they (HKS replicas) all ship out from similar locations in Cali. Is there one manufacturer of these knockoffs or multiple manufacturers. The exhaust as a whole looks the same but tips do differ on the photos from seller to seller (some even say titanium tip covers), so I'm really lost on that one. So I would then assume that they would all sound the same, but from youtube clips they seem to differ somewhat when stock (not running hfcs,testpipes,etc.).

Any thoughts?

ebay link for reference: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...Q5fAccessories

soundclip:

Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
bumppp, im curious as to whether anyone runs this exhaust system too

Old 07-03-2010, 09:22 PM
A32
+1

henry from statik is also selling a hks replica. you can find it here: https://g35driver.com/forums/exhaust...e-exhaust.html

Old 07-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Ok i was looking into the HKS style exhaust. Is there a way that I can replace the 8" extension pipe for the G35 in this kit for something like the G35 & M35 XYZ Resonator from Motordyne. I am looking to get this kit w/resonated mid pipe and Megan resonated test pipes. I'm not looking to be super loud or raspy. So I hope I can use the motordyne resonator to maybe cut down on the raspyness of this exhaust and test pipe combo.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by doeboy
Ok i was looking into the HKS style exhaust. Is there a way that I can replace the 8" extension pipe for the G35 in this kit for something like the G35 & M35 XYZ Resonator from Motordyne. I am looking to get this kit w/resonated mid pipe and Megan resonated test pipes. I'm not looking to be super loud or raspy. So I hope I can use the motordyne resonator to maybe cut down on the raspyness of this exhaust and test pipe combo.
You really need to check my threads on this exhaust on how to cut rasp and drone. Before the x-pipe, it rasps HARD at WOT and drone was unbearable.

The Magnaflow x-pipe greatly reduces one of the flaws of the X02. Drone. I've had 2 different X02 systems and the drone drove me nuts after a month of ownership (pre-x-pipe). The x-pipe greatly reduces the drone and has made my exhaust almost silent on the freeway when cruising. I HIGHLY recommend the x-pipe. Now that I look at it, I wouldn't do it any other way. The X02 resonators in the y-pipe are almost useless. Very little sound insulation material and poor construction. The H-pipe is a joke. It's only a 1/2" hole drilled into the connection tube.

The x-pipe can be found cheap at www.performancepeddler.com. They also ship very fast.

You will need Magnaflow #14385 (polished) or #11385 (non polished). Non polished is cheaper.

Type the part number only in the search. Add to cart. Submit e-mail, then offer price. They will email you back with their best price. I offered $60 and they gave me a price of $80.45 shipped.

As to where to put it, take this picture with you and show your mechanic. There will be some cutting involved.

IMG_0743.jpg?t=1278566384

Results

Here's what it sounds like with the x-pipe and test pipes. The stock cats will be just a little quieter.

On the dyno: X02, test pipes, x-pipe

The following users liked this post:
cthrulies (11-28-2012)
Old 07-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
That actually sounds pretty good. Now if there's a way to cut drone on the Fast Intentions exhaust on the highway we'll be in business!

Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Jairen do you think the x pipe will have any negative effects on FI? Is it anymore restrictive then the xo2 setup?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Do you have any other mods on the car like intake or downpipes or headers cause it does sound good
so x0 cat back and magnaflow x pipes
Im assuming if i leave my cat on it will be a little quiter

Old 03-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Sounds awesome! just gotta get my x pipe installed!.......and test pipes lol

Old 03-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds good man..

Old 07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Im lookin at gettin the hks replica exhaust. i saw some youtube vids and my stock exhaust sounds louder. lol. good lookin out on gettin the x pipe w/ test pipes. does it pass smog tho?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Kralj, I purchased the HKS replica (M2) off of Marinelli Motorsports a couple months ago and I love it. It's holding up well thank God and still sounds great. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. The video does no justice, I think it sounds beast in person... Here is my full review on the exhaust. I hope this comes in handy. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...s-replica.html

Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Whats good G Fam? I'm abt to get this setup from Stafe but I honestly dislike the 4.5" outlet. I wanna swap them out for something smaller I was wondering if 1 of you guys... anybody that has it cld measure the full length of the tips for me. From the muffler where it like bends and connects to the tips! Thanks to anyone that does it, I wld greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jairen
You really need to check my threads on this exhaust on how to cut rasp and drone. Before the x-pipe, it rasps HARD at WOT and drone was unbearable.

The Magnaflow x-pipe greatly reduces one of the flaws of the X02. Drone. I've had 2 different X02 systems and the drone drove me nuts after a month of ownership (pre-x-pipe). The x-pipe greatly reduces the drone and has made my exhaust almost silent on the freeway when cruising. I HIGHLY recommend the x-pipe. Now that I look at it, I wouldn't do it any other way. The X02 resonators in the y-pipe are almost useless. Very little sound insulation material and poor construction. The H-pipe is a joke. It's only a 1/2" hole drilled into the connection tube.

The x-pipe can be found cheap at www.performancepeddler.com. They also ship very fast.

You will need Magnaflow #14385 (polished) or #11385 (non polished). Non polished is cheaper.

Type the part number only in the search. Add to cart. Submit e-mail, then offer price. They will email you back with their best price. I offered $60 and they gave me a price of $80.45 shipped.

As to where to put it, take this picture with you and show your mechanic. There will be some cutting involved.

Results

Here's what it sounds like with the x-pipe and test pipes. The stock cats will be just a little quieter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XZkRYkRis

On the dyno: X02, test pipes, x-pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbzSlrNdBc
I know this is an old post, but I'm new to the forum and I have a question. I just installed a the HKS replica by Godspeed and I would like to install the magnaflow x-pipe as well, but I am confused why you have recommended the 14385. According to Magnaflow, the 14385 has 2.25" inlet and outlets, but my exhaust system is supposed to have 2.5" piping. Am I missing something, or is this the correct fitment???

thanks

Old 03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
I would get a 11386 pipe. Check this thread out https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...ow-x-pipe.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Godspeed (HKS replica) exhaust