Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Art Pipes before tune???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Damm free mrev2 lucky.lol Thanks for your help I really respect what you have done with your G. I have one last question and then I will leave you alone.LOL. Can I do my valve body upgrade after or is better to do it before tune. I didn't know if they mess with your shift point when they do your tune. I know when I put the procharger on my tahoe my ecu was tuned and my shift points were changed. So I didn't know if I did the V/B upgrade after if it would hurt anything.
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Thanks, we had an awesome time making that video haha. You'll be ok making the trip, your motor won't blow up or anything like that lol. Just don't be going WOT all the time. Correct, I have a 5AT. Tony was kind enough to trade me a new MREV2 in exchange for my stock lower plenum (I know, I'm lucky). Honestly, I felt a slight power gain, but I would suggest leaving the MREV2 for the 6MT's and putting that money towards another mod. Unless of course you're trying to squeeze out every HP you can.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Thanks, I'm very happy with my choice of mods .

Thats a pretty good question, and I've actually always wondered that myself, haha. I really don't know if a tune affects the vb upgrade, I don't recall my tuner ever mentioning shift points during my initial tune or retune. I think it'd be best telling your tuner your plans on getting the upgrade, and asking him if it'll affect it. For what it's worth, I did vb upgrade quite a while after my last retune and my car's running perfectly fine.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^Thanks I think it will probably be ok. But I will diffidently ask

Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the same setup you're getting. You'll be ok running ART pipes before the tune, but you will for sure be running lean, so I wouldn't advise pushing the car too much.

ART pipes were my last exhaust part, before that, I had every bolt on, HFC's, and was already tuned with Osiris. After I swapped the HFCs to ART pipes, I got a retune like 2 weeks after and my tuner showed me I was running a little lean. So even though I was already tuned, the ART pipes caused me to run a little lean. So in your case, I suggest getting tuned as soon as you can, after you install your ART pipes.

Btw, you're gonna love the combo .

+1. Which is why I have all their parts .
I've had my ART pipes on for about 2 weeks and it seems like my car is consuming more oil then it did before. Would it be because my car is running lean?

Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
the only thing i experienced after doing my tp and exhaust was really bad ga mileage but i guess cuz i wasnt tuned and the car was running lean..after my uprev tune i get mpg like the car was stock but its much faster

Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Javi04
I've had my ART pipes on for about 2 weeks and it seems like my car is consuming more oil then it did before. Would it be because my car is running lean?
I would imagine it'd be consuming more oil than before if you're pushing the car more with the new pipes, but I'm really not sure....

Since you have a 6MT, have you had your car checked for oil consumption issues?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I would imagine it'd be consuming more oil than before if you're pushing the car more with the new pipes, but I'm really not sure....

Since you have a 6MT, have you had your car checked for oil consumption issues?
I had it checked once but the guys at the dealership were douche bags about it. I have been pushing the car more to get the feel of the pipes.

I'm probably going to take them off and go to another dealership. My car just hit 50 thousand miles, so it should be covered under the warranty.