Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MD ART Pipes + Nismo CBE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
MD ART Pipes + Nismo CBE

Is there anyone running this setup?

I've been looking on youtube to fine this combo to hear it. I've got Berk HFC right now and I wanted to upgrade but before that I want to hear the diff.

Prob wont be a big diff. but I hear the ART pipes make the exhaust note deeper and some type of harmony sound when at WOT. I have major rasp with the Berk HFC and my Nismo CBE and Im trying to eliminate that. I dont know if these ART pipes will do that but Im willing to try.

So any insight would help!

UPDATED

Got some ART pipes and replaced them over the berks

STOCK CATS Nismo CBE

Berk HFC & Nismo CBE

ART pipes & Nismo CBE with m2performance hr y-pipe

DRIVER BY

Last edited by Algy; 05-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
How long have you had your berks? The rasp will tone down alot once they are broken in. Hopefully that will help!

Old 10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I had it since last Christmas...

Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I want to hear this setup

Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
ART pipes will reduce drone and rasp, but if you're exhaust produces those 2 things the ARTs won't eliminate them. Your best bet is to get a resonated X pipe, a lot of folks are going with a Magnaflow, and add that to your system.

The ARTs will change the tone of your exhaust and make it deeper and more resonant, plus they're beautiful, not that you'll ever be staring at them unless your car's in the air.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by yusoslo
I want to hear this setup
The ART pipes + Nismo or Berk + Nismo?

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
ART pipes will reduce drone and rasp, but if you're exhaust produces those 2 things the ARTs won't eliminate them. Your best bet is to get a resonated X pipe, a lot of folks are going with a Magnaflow, and add that to your system.

The ARTs will change the tone of your exhaust and make it deeper and more resonant, plus they're beautiful, not that you'll ever be staring at them unless your car's in the air.
I only have rasp. I dont mind having a lil bit of rasp, but right now I have a lot of rasp once I hit 3k rpm at WOT. I have a M2Performance 3'' HR y-pipe and I am happy with the gains I received with this so I rather not change on the Y. I'm looking into toning the exhaust down as well so I'm sure I'll be happy with the ART pipes. Just have to hear it on a Nismo CBE.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
There have been a few guys to post that combo on MY350Z.com. I'm sure you could find it with a Youtube search.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm, I searched youtube found nothing.

But yes, I was referring to the title Art pipes + Nismo exhaust

Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
whats the diameter of the Nismo exhaust pipes cause if its smaller piping like stillens exhaust,combining them with the ART pipes will just cause rasp at high RPM bro trust me i had stillen combined with ART pipes and major Honda rasp so i took it off installed Nismo rasp all the way aswell buy an exhaust with bigger pipes to eliminate rasp.. other wise you will still carry on rsp after 3500RPM thats why i purchased tony's motordyne exhaust sounds lovely. hope that helped a bit.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by juan350gt
whats the diameter of the Nismo exhaust pipes cause if its smaller piping like stillens exhaust,combining them with the ART pipes will just cause rasp at high RPM bro trust me i had stillen combined with ART pipes and major Honda rasp so i took it off installed Nismo rasp all the way aswell buy an exhaust with bigger pipes to eliminate rasp.. other wise you will still carry on rsp after 3500RPM thats why i purchased tony's motordyne exhaust sounds lovely. hope that helped a bit.
The Nismo S-tune CBE is a 3'' diameter single piping exhaust.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Aku
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm looking into this set up as well,

Except I was thinking about using the ART Pipes, and then MD's XYZ with resonater attachement, and then the Nismo mid-pipe and muffler. Would that work out pipe diameter wise?

Old 10-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That's good try it out bro if it rasps then take it out and add another exhaust =)
Originally Posted by Algy
The Nismo S-tune CBE is a 3'' diameter single piping exhaust.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Aku
Would that work out pipe diameter wise?
Yes.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Just a heads up so everyone knows. I ended up getting some art pipes and paired it up with my nismo catback exhaust and got rid of the berk hfc. The sound quality definitely got deeper and quieter. The art pipes made most but not all the rasp go away from the hfc. There is still a slight bit of rasp but its very faint. Nothing enough to bother me like the berks did. Smell is worse than the hfc. Performance wise, i can feel more torque down low but other than that, it feels the same to me.

Oh i would like to also add that the arts do reduce drone and rasp but with my exhaust it is very prominent at 65-70 miles which is really bad (drone that is) but after i pass 70 its quiet it again.

The following users liked this post:
MaDMaXX (05-03-2012)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Aku
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Post up some videos for us to hear

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD ART Pipes + Nismo CBE