Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

P0430 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0430 code

Would defoulers fix an 0430 code? I have stock cats and bank 2 is throwing a code.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
bad cat. i had the same problem. It will start to eat up your gas big time.... I was getting about 220 per tank with premium, and 200 with regular...

defoulers might work. but if it the cats starts to get clog then you will start to lose power....

You have a good reason to get art pipes or hfc...

What year is your car?

Old 12-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Good to know, this wouldn't be a permanent fix. Just to buy some time until I got a good cat. The car is an 04

Old 12-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Try the defoulers and let us know how it goes. I believe they are cheap to buy.

Are you going to get stock cats or you planing to get hfc or art pipes?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 AM
I'd rather get stock, just having trouble finding a set. If you have a lead, key me know. Putting the defoulers on tonight. I have a 1" set in the garage, would I need one or two on the cat, my old car needed two?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM
I think it wouldn't hurt to put both . And yes each cat has 1 sensor.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
lol, I think you misunderstood me. I mean would I need two defoulers per sensor. The ones I have are an inch long and two would put the sensors 2" away from the cat. I guess I'll try 2 as long as I have clearance. My old car was an A4 1.8T and those O2s were really sensitive, so I needed two on the downstream sensor.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
cat efficiency codes don't affect fuel trim. So no gas mileage worries! A lazy sensor, bad cat or sensitive OEM ecu threshold programming will cause it. Stop sweating it!! Defouler is a good idea. Find someone who can look at the reading from the post cat sensor, it would be awesome if the sensor just needed to be replaced OR if you knew for certain that the cat was bad. As an aside the Audi would have been easier to diagnose since VAG-COM is cheap and so easy to use. Too bad it doesn't work on Infiniti's!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm sweating it because I need to get my car inspected, thery won;t pass it with that code lol. That's why I need a quick fix until I can totally fix it. Crossing ym fingers for defoulers so I can go get inspected tomorrow.

And vag-com may have been the only easier thing to work on with that car and i knew it inside and out. I still have my vag-com too, just let a buddy hold it since my oly vag car is OBD I.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by onthe3rdday
cat efficiency codes don't affect fuel trim. So no gas mileage worries! A lazy sensor, bad cat or sensitive OEM ecu threshold programming will cause it. Stop sweating it!! Defouler is a good idea. Find someone who can look at the reading from the post cat sensor, it would be awesome if the sensor just needed to be replaced OR if you knew for certain that the cat was bad. As an aside the Audi would have been easier to diagnose since VAG-COM is cheap and so easy to use. Too bad it doesn't work on Infiniti's!
Mine was the cat. Only because I was dumb enuff to unplug all the wires all in the same time when i was changing the sparkplugs. I had sparkplugs wire 4 and 6 reverse...

I been changing sparkplugs since I was like 12 or so and this was the first time I ever did that. I guess I was so excited to change out cause I just go the car not too long ago...

I took it to the dealer and they said that I had a crack cat. They wanted 1100 to fix it. Lol

I been reading alot here that bank1 and bank 2 sensors usually don't go out. Not like the oxygen sensors.

My gas mileage has been doing great again.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM
**** dude, didn't realize ur inspection was tomorrow. You won't pass because if you clear the cel and use a defouler you still need a few driving cycles for the ecu to clear emissions readiness tests. I will check the factory service manual to see if you can force readiness with a special procedure. The bottom line is you won't be ready for tomorrow's test

Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Before you but the Defouler, uplug the battery for about 30 mins or so. Better yet leave it unplug it for a hour to make sure. That should clear the code i think.... correct me if im wrong..

Old 12-22-2011, 10:58 PM
To set readiness, use the instructions from the factory service manual engine control section pages 57 and 58

Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Aztec, my husband just did same on spark plug wires (reversing), then realized it when he started it up and fixed it next day. What does this have to do with the code you and I got of P0430 and your bad cat? I'm worried! Runs great, no change.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
What I think happend , when I and he reverse the spark plug wire, it dump a lot of fuel into the cat converter and it mess one of them up. I knew my cats were gone after I smell the rotten egg smell...

I still took it to th dealer, after $89.95 and a few hours later they told me that I had a crack on one of them... They told me it would be almost 900 I think to fix it... So I said no thank you and I got art pipes..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P0430 code