Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions RHFC Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35x Premium Package Luxury Package
Issues with hesitation ?

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
After buying Kinetix HFC last year and not liking them, I went back to OEM cats. Ever since then I have been looking into a better alternative for High flow cats. I was very happy with the sound of the car on the OEM cats but was looking for that power increase high flow cats have to offer.

My research brought me to Fast Intentions as the best alternative to OEM cats for my application. I wasn't looking for the sound to change drastically or get much louder. A group buy for these opened up so I placed my order and began waiting.

The RHFC showed up about 3 weeks after the group buy had ended, right on schedule. Immediately, I ripped open the box to a well protected, very well packaged product. Unfortunately I didn't grab any pictures at first because I got right into tearing apart all the bubble wrap I was pleasantly surprised when the cats were out and they looked absolutely flawless. Immaculate welds, great look, just an overall very well built pieces.

Picture right after taking them out of the box. License plate frame was a nice little added bonus I thought as it was not expected.

Attachment 203852

Right after the picture I was very eager to install so into the 20 degree weather I went to get these on.

Picture next to OEM cats

Attachment 203853

The installation went flawlessly minus the cold weather and stubborn bolts. Fitment was spot on and actually probably sat slightly higher than the oem cats, which I think is a benefit. After buttoning everything back up on the car I was working myself up to finally start the car (very nervous at this point), given my previous HFC experience.

All I have to say is WOW. I was completely amazed at how these sounded right away. A nice mellow similar sound that was there before, only deeper and slightly louder.

I have had these on the car for 3 weeks now and my impressions haven't changed one bit. Still absolutely in love with this product.

Sound while driving is definitely louder than OEM cats but surprisingly the cabin noise increase is negligible. Didn't really notice an increase at all especially regarding drone which the Kinetex had immense amounts of. These did not create one bit of added drone. Offers a nice mellow cruising tone, but when you put your foot down they can scream. Rasp that is typically associated with changing to other than stock cats is also basically non existent. The Megan Racing exhaust I have had on the car has always given a hint of rasp by itself and these didn't add to that at all, but I wouldn't say they killed it either. I am possibly thinking off adding a resonated Y pipe to my system as well in the future, but at the moment am thoroughly enjoying my new exhaust set up.

Here is a compilation of the different exhaust set ups I have had so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2QfHGJ-5E

Rear mounted camera with just cat back ( AutoX )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNs512r4xoQ

Rear mounted camera with FI RHFC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKwgagIXHE

I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for more power with a slightly louder, deeper exhaust note.

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

I want to thank 1CleanG for offering this product to the community as well as Fast Intentions for making superb products.

1CleanG aka Lance, is currently offering a 5th group buy for these as well as Fast Intentions Cat Back exhausts as well. There is a thread on MYG37 that can be found here for RHFC :

http://www.myg37.com/forums/group-bu...n-special.html

Or here for Cat Back Group Buy:

http://www.myg37.com/forums/group-bu...-discount.html

If you have any reservations about these, you shouldn't and you wont be disappointed.

hey did you ever encounter throttle hesitation with these? I currently run Z1 HFC and I get this strange hesitation/bog and its only happened after installing them... I’d love to find another set of HFC that work without those issues but if I have to I guess I’ll throw the stock units back on ..

Old 10-31-2020, 01:19 AM
Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
04.5 G35 Sedan 5AT
Try resetting the ECU. Over time, the ECU 'learns' the fuel tables and timing advance. Since you opened the exhaust flow up considerably, you changed the air flow for the engine, so the ECU may need a clean slate to start with.
Alternatively, you may want to consider getting a tune. There is a user on here, seymore4, who does Uprev tunes remotely.