Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

The Best Affordable Headers for 04 g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013 | 08:39 PM
|
The Best Affordable Headers for 04 g35?

Any Suggestions

Old 04-03-2013 | 08:42 PM
Unless you have some form of Forced Induction... don't waste your time. Headers amount to squat on N/A G35s. Save your money and put it somewhere else. ART Test pipes and an Osiris Tune for the cost of headers and install.

The following users liked this post:
Antoine (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013 | 08:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by AzuMaster
Unless you have some form of Forced Induction... don't waste your time. Headers amount to squat on N/A G35s. Save your money and put it somewhere else. ART Test pipes and an Osiris Tune for the cost of headers and install.

Osiris is a halfass tune bro...i'll research the ART test pipes

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:05 PM
Best and affordable do not go together...

The following 2 users liked this post by ItsA..Gthing:
Antoine (04-03-2013), JaE35 (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013 | 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Antoine
I'm pretty sure just about every true FBO or F/I VQ35 G or Z is running some version of the Osiris/Uprev tune. Tons of real world proven results in this link. I don't know what you would consider a real tune if Osiris is "halfass" as you put it.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386938

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:14 PM
No clue why this won't let me post links. But look up "Osiris Dyno F.T.W." with our search engine.

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:24 PM
Xet
Lol you want the best "affordable" headers and call Osiris tune half ***??

Go ahead and waste your money buying w/e headers you want short of long tube headers, which are louder than all hell.

Osiris tune is one of the best tunes available for our cars FYI

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:33 PM
If you're doing your own install and don't mind the time and effort involved, headers aren't bad. They aren't a good bang for the buck mod which is why people hate on them, but to say their not worth having isn't accurate either.

If you're not doing your own labor though it's likely to be very expensive and there are probably other places you can spend that cash for bigger upgrades.

Osiris is also pretty damn good, not sure where you got that info. Would recommend avoiding Megan headers, have seen 3 or 4 guys that had issues with the welds. No personal experience with the Megans, just repeating what I've read/heard.

Longtube headers are out if you're looking for cheap, but whatever you do make sure it fits into your long term goals as well (future FI or not).

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:38 PM
|
Originally Posted by OBsessed
If you're doing your own install and don't mind the time and effort involved, headers aren't bad. They aren't a good bang for the buck mod which is why people hate on them, but to say their not worth having isn't accurate either.

If you're not doing your own labor though it's likely to be very expensive and there are probably other places you can spend that cash for bigger upgrades.

Osiris is also pretty damn good, not sure where you got that info. Would recommend avoiding Megan headers, have seen 3 or 4 guys that had issues with the welds. No personal experience with the Megans, just repeating what I've read/heard.

Longtube headers are out if you're looking for cheap, but whatever you do make sure it fits into your long term goals as well (future FI or not).

So I might as well just spend the bucks and get the DC headers huh

Old 04-03-2013 | 09:56 PM
where did you get that info from?

as the guys above were saying if you are not doing the install yourself headers are not be the best bang for your buck

What other Mods do you have?
revup on non revup?

Old 04-03-2013 | 10:15 PM
i would check with z1motorsports... give them a call i think they are working on some new Z1 brand headers.... they are also really competive price wise on other brand headers and may be able to answer some questions about HP gains.

oh and Z1 is an Osiris tuner
importpartspro.com has good prices on headers as well

Old 04-04-2013 | 09:14 AM
The DCs aren't bad, but like Spades asked what are your other mods? And what are you longer term goals with the car? Most of the shorty headers are pretty comparable. Just going to see differences in build quality. DCs have seemed to hold up pretty well, haven't seen any complaints about them, Stillen or Momentum (if you can even find them).

Headers should be used as part of a build though, they aren't one of those mods you throw on and instantly feel a difference, there should be a plan in place. On the exhaust side getting rid of the OEM cats (replacing with either Art Pipes, test pipes, or high flow cats) will open up the biggest choke point on the factory exhaust side of the engine. The rest of it flows decently. You're going to want to be pulling in more air on the intake side to really make headers work, otherwise they just sound nice (which is fine too). And of course, you'll need a tune. Go with a Haltech if you don't like Osiris, you may find a used one in the $1300-$1700 range and you'll get a prettier interface. No tune = no point in doing anything to the engine.

Check out some of the builds on the maxima.org site, they're doing impressive things with some of their setups. Same basic engine characteristics to work with and less aftermarket support so they've gotten a lot more creative than most of us have.

Old 04-04-2013 | 09:42 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member

lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololol

That comment shows you have a lot to learn about the G.

Old 04-04-2013 | 10:03 AM
This........is a "Perfect Example" of a Noob taking out his backside!

Headers are cool, sound good running under your hood but if you're looking for more whp start with a high flow exhaust (Motordyne) and replace those restrictive OE cats with HFCs like FI. Don't forget the Motordyne 5/16" spacer, still the best bang for your buck! Once your breather mods are complete an "OSIRIS" tune will give you the best results with a very noticeable increase in whp!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 04-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2013 | 12:35 PM
OEM HR or VHR headers are the best bang for the buck. $100-$150 used, oem part so they will not crack or hit the steering rack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Best Affordable Headers for 04 g35?