Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Help with SES light after test pipe installation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with SES light after test pipe installation.

I have found a couple of possible solutions to my problem but a friend of mine was telling me I would need Brillo Pads. I have spent half the day searching on here and my350Z.com looking for the info I need and I'm more confused now than when I started.

I found one thread where someone drilled a half inch hole in 2 anti foulers and put them on the 02 sensors and then 2 more undrilled ones. I found another thread where it was done electronically. Nothing about brillo pads. I also have the bungs on mine that are like 3" offset for my O2 sensors. What would I need to do? Can someone give me a more definite answer or link me to what I'm not finding, please?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Non fouler trick didn't work for me. My solution: get a tune when u are done modding and you can delete the sensor altogether 👌

The following users liked this post:
WideLoadTimmy (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I thought about talking to a local tuner and seeing what he would charge me to just turn off the rear O2 sensors.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by WideLoadTimmy
I thought about talking to a local tuner and seeing what he would charge me to just turn off the rear O2 sensors.
You have to purchase an Osiris license so at a minimum $300... Shoot me a PM if you want to go the Uprev route, I'll help you out

The following users liked this post:
WideLoadTimmy (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
You have to purchase an Osiris license so at a minimum $300... Shoot me a PM if you want to go the Uprev route, I'll help you out

Fuuuuu...I'ma have to just deal with the light and try some of the cheapo solutions until I've got my mod list finished. I hope to have that finished by the end of the year.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Premier Member

On the bright side once you own the license you never have to buy another one so if you were planning on dyno tuning at a later point it would be $300 cheaper... Or you can buy the Osiris Standard package (you get the cable so you can reflash youself) and dial it in along the way with datalogs as you get more mods done.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
On the bright side once you own the license you never have to buy another one so if you were planning on dyno tuning at a later point it would be $300 cheaper... Or you can buy the Osiris Standard package (you get the cable so you can reflash youself) and dial it in along the way with datalogs as you get more mods done.
The price isn't so bad for a tune. But to just turn off the rear O2 sensors, $300 is steep. I can try the brillo pad thing if I ever find it. But now I have a couple of other questions. What does it mean to tune with data logs as I get more mods done?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Premier Member

The $300 is just the cost of the Osiris license, then you have to pay for the tuning. There's two ways to do it:
1) go to a shop and get reflashed and dyno tuned all at one, or
2) buy Osiris Standard (reflash cable and license) and have a protuner adjust the tune based on datalogs that you make (basically just drive around recording how the cars running with the Uprev software)

Old 08-13-2013, 03:41 PM
There's just not a reputable Nissan tuner around here yet. Rotary Inspired performance is working on doing some GT-R tuning but I don't know if they're gonna do other Nissans and Abel racing has a hit-or-miss reputation around here.