Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

REVup airbox & Ztube

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by That's G
I came from a revup airbox that I had on for two years with no complaints. I just got a good deal on the Stillen. If you're in SoCal, there is a member on here that has a ram air/cold air type mod that he can do for you also.
Lol i wish I was back home I'm SoCal.

I'm good tho thanks like I said I just got my REVup box so I'll just keep it for now.

But as far is my setup right with there ztube and REVup airbox?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Yes

The following users liked this post:
JarJar9104 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by JarJar9104
So I ended up ordering a combo pack of a oem z tube and REVup airbox and k&n filter from eBay from a infiniti dealership in Cali.

Installed it
Haven't noticed a difference

But here are some pics

I didn't take any of the cuffs from the original intake and replace them on the ztube since everything just seemed to fit in
I got the same exact package from eBay and installed it yesterday. I noticed a substantial difference in performance and sound. The engine climbs rpm's much quicker and the throttle response is faster also. In addition, the car is overall faster. Im assuming I gained at least 10hp. My old intake filter was pretty dirty, so maybe that's why I noticed such an improvement. Whatever the case may be, intakes do improve your performance if they are made out of the right material and housed properly. I am very satisfied with my $225 purchase. If anyone is considering buying an intake for your G, I would highly recommend this set up.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Micale757
I got the same exact package from eBay and installed it yesterday. I noticed a substantial difference in performance and sound. The engine climbs rpm's much quicker and the throttle response is faster also. In addition, the car is overall faster. Im assuming I gained at least 10hp. My old intake filter was pretty dirty, so maybe that's why I noticed such an improvement. Whatever the case may be, intakes do improve your performance if they are made out of the right material and housed properly. I am very satisfied with my $225 purchase. If anyone is considering buying an intake for your G, I would highly recommend this set up.
I would agree with the rpm climb. I have noticed that the rpm would kick up a lot more quicker then before. My old filter was pretty flithy too. It does seem to be a little quicker then before which I have been noticing lately.
I might try the stillen down the road.
I haven't really noticed any sound difference but I plan on getting ISO plenum spacers soon

Did you use any of the old rubber cuffs for the install?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
The stillen is lower quality then the tube...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Micale757
I can PROMISE you, you did not gain 10hp lol.
+1 on better throttle response due to the dirt. Your throttle body may be pretty dirty also.

Frankieg35 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Lmao!! 10hp

Old 03-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by That's G
I came from a revup airbox that I had on for two years with no complaints. I just got a good deal on the Stillen. If you're in SoCal, there is a member on here that has a ram air/cold air type mod that he can do for you also.
Wouldn't happen to have that rev up box laying around and want to sell it would you?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I read that when installing the ztube to do an ecu reset/ foot pedal reset. What does that do and is it necessary

Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
I read that when installing the ztube to do an ecu reset/ foot pedal reset. What does that do and is it necessary
Just log your radio channels, and pull the battery negative cable off the battery. While it's off, pump the brakes (I think) to kill all built up power and it will essentially reset the ECU. then place it back on. Do you notice a difference?

JarJar9104 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Just log your radio channels, and pull the battery negative cable off the battery. While it's off, pump the brakes (I think) to kill all built up power and it will essentially reset the ECU. then place it back on. Do you notice a difference?
What's the purpose of doing it tho? Is it suppose to make a difference

Old 03-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What's the purpose of doing it tho? Is it suppose to make a difference
Modern ECU's learn from their environment and it will affect the tune on the car. Resetting the ECU puts it back to it's original tune and beings the learning process from a fresh start. Things like temperatures, air density, air flow, fuel octane, etc, will affect the learned fuel trims and spark timing. It's not necessary to reset the computer, as it will eventually learn from it's new environment, resetting it just helps speed up the process.

JarJar9104 (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I installed a oem 350z tube also didnt notice any difference in sound. I installed a new exhaust a day earlier. My mid pipe is Custom no resonater sounds great. Butt dyno says gained a few ponies and better response from the pedal too!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I can PROMISE you, you did not gain 10hp lol.
+1 on better throttle response due to the dirt. Your throttle body may be pretty dirty also.
your probably right, although she does seem to be a lil quicker.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed a rev-up airbox this weekend along with oem Z-tube. I switched from a stillen intake and stock g-tube. I reset the ecu after install. I felt like I put a plastic bag over the airbox. It just didn't seem as peppy or Rev happy as with the stillen airbox. The mean sound was also gone, it sounded like stock and throttle response felt like stock. I was using wix paper air filter in the Rev up airbox. Next I switched back to the stillen intake and kept the oem Z-tube. This combo felt the best to me. The stillen intake sounds along with Z-tube, both amplify to a deep mean roar which I love and it also kept the excellent throttle response and is Rev happy. This setup is a keeper for me.

If anyone wants a brand new revup airbox, pm me lol or check out classifieds later when I post it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVup airbox & Ztube