Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Catback and Plenum Spacer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shawno72
Spacer good
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
What exactly was he saying again?!?!
He said its pointless to by the spacer! Unless your car is the Rev up. Or something. Motordyne said this. Hold on I'll copy and paste

Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Devil_G35
Before I go spend most money on one I was told that it does nothing for most Gsobly certain ones! Like I think Rev up? Or something . Not sure but I heard it works for MREV2 . I own a 2006 G35 coupe 5AT is it considered a MREV2 even tho it's not the 6MT? And if Not wouldn't I gain power and mileage any way?

Apperntky MotorDyne said this. Said a kid ON this G35 site
The MREV2 is a re-machined lower plenum from a DE. Even though they are not exactly identical, the DE's lower plenum will allow for gains from the spacer.

He said its pointless to by the spacer! Unless your car is the Rev up. Or something. Motordyne said this. Hold on I'll copy and paste
Its pointless to have the spacer on a Rev-up without the MREV2.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
you're doing it wrong

Everything you've bought is a waste without a tune. You should have gotten just a tune...

Seriously, your car will be slower if you put all of those mods on it without a tune.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Before I go spend most money on one I was told that it does nothing for most Gsobly certain ones! Like I think Rev up? Or something . Not sure but I heard it works for MREV2 . I own a 2006 G35 coupe 5AT is it considered a MREV2 even tho it's not the 6MT? And if Not wouldn't I gain power and mileage any way?

Dafaq?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Exactly^

Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Everything you've bought is a waste without a tune. You should have gotten just a tune...

Seriously, your car will be slower if you put all of those mods on it without a tune.
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55

Dafaq?
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Exactly^
How is having a Catback and after market intake a waste and loss of power? Besides I'm gonna need these on for a tune anyway and I haven't heard of anyone losing power from these simple bolt ons if anything the intake but not enough to disrupt the car or feel it...

Old 04-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by yosip1115

Either you own a shop that does tunes or you work for up rev.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
How is having a Catback and after market intake a waste and loss of power? Besides I'm gonna need these on for a tune anyway and I haven't heard of anyone losing power from these simple bolt ons if anything the intake but not enough to disrupt the car or feel it...

Too lean... Too rich... Still bad.

There's a thread that debunks myths about intakes and one of the theories was that you take an already lean factory tune and introduce more air and the result is a disproportionate amount of fuel added. Swamps your combustion and is incredibly inefficient.

I agree with what you say about putting on all your breathers before you get the tune... But don't expect that you're going to gain anything in tangible hp / tq before you get that tune. (Ie: don't try to race any minivans now that you have all the (what you think are) 1337 breather mods.)

And for the record- that whole post makes as much sense as the yield of an English dictionary after humping a Russian thesaurus and wiping itself off on the drapes.

Last edited by Eno; 04-11-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Eno

Too lean... Too rich... Still bad.

There's a thread that debunks myths about intakes and one of the theories was that you take an already lean factory tune and introduce more air and the result is a disproportionate amount of fuel added. Swamps your combustion and is incredibly inefficient.

I agree with what you say about putting on all your breathers before you get the tune... But don't expect that you're going to gain anything in tangible hp / tq before you get that tune. (Ie: don't try to race any minivans now that you have all the (what you think are) 1337 breather mods.)

And for the record- that whole post makes as much sense as the yield of an English dictionary after humping a Russian thesaurus and wiping itself off on the drapes.
Alright, I've heard and read on the intake losing power most of em do. The ztube is one of few where we gain power... BUT please explain and show me where a cat back makes us lose power without a tune I've never read that and haven't seen anything bad. I've heard it gives a gains like 5 hp nothing noticeable but still better than nothing once tuned will give a he'll of a lot more. Plus when I get a plenum spacer my intake will work Like a cold air and when I get tuned it will work Like a charm. Idc lol I don't belive the catback is a loss like the intake. But intake depends on which one you bought.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Alright, I've heard and read on the intake losing power most of em do. The ztube is one of few where we gain power... BUT please explain and show me where a cat back makes us lose power without a tune I've never read that and haven't seen anything bad. I've heard it gives a gains like 5 hp nothing noticeable but still better than nothing once tuned will give a he'll of a lot more. Plus when I get a plenum spacer my intake will work Like a cold air and when I get tuned it will work Like a charm. Idc lol I don't belive the catback is a loss like the intake. But intake depends on which one you bought.
Well really there's no difference in richness of the ratio at all. The onboard computer is smarter than all of us in this aspect as it corrects the fuel as a ratio to the extra air. See..when you at more air, your car thinks the ratio is off and corrects it by adding more fuel. Don't worry about it.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Eno
Yah that's right! Slap a turbo on that bish and let the ecu figure it out. It's brilliant that way!

Get the tune or be satisfied with minimal gains at maximum expense. And a catback would be useless through stock cats except maybe to change the sound- which most people with the vq don't really want unless they're some chachi wannabe.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Eno
Yah that's right! Slap a turbo on that bish and let the ecu figure it out. It's brilliant that way!

Get the tune or be satisfied with minimal gains at maximum expense. And a catback would be useless through stock cats except maybe to change the sound- which most people with the vq don't really want unless they're some chachi wannabe.
I wasnt convincing him to not get a tune, infact I was saying you need the tune otherwise you aren't changing much of anything because the computer compensates. And a turbo is a completely different subject.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Eno
You know that and the ecu doesn't so counter to what you're saying it isn't smarter than all of us- well maybe the rest of us but not smarter than you.

And yes it compensates- but not well. It compensates for safety- not efficiency.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Devil, you really need to read your posts before you hit that submit button! Just so you're aware Nissan never made a G35 with a Rev Up engine that had a AT...any year! You don't need Motordynes MREV2, however their 5/16" spacer will add WHP and correct Nissan's design error in your plenum.
Gary

Old 04-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by gary c

Devil, you really need to read your posts before you hit that submit button! Just so you're aware Nissan never made a G35 with a Rev Up engine that had a AT...any year! You don't need Motordynes MREV2, however their 5/16" spacer will add WHP and correct Nissan's design error in your plenum.
Gary
Please copy and paste site I want to order

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Catback and Plenum Spacer