Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

03 exhaust pipe exit safe under charcoal canister

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
03 exhaust pipe exit safe under charcoal canister

I've seen all the old threads with guys running dual exhaust, custom, or y-ed out. I don't want to relocate the charcoal canister but wasn't sure if it's safe to run a exit pipe under there. Like a true dual exhaust going into a 2 in and 2 out muffler in the mid section, 2 pipes towards the rear into another 2 in 2 out muffler, than exit either in the center or like a dual exhaust. Is tailpipe heat under that fuel canister in the passenger side rear an issue. I can't stand the uneven look of single side exit exhaust. I rather have side exhaust with turn downs than see this wveryday. All the old threads are old on 1st gens. I've seen maybe 4-5 on this forum and they all opted to relocate the canister into the trunk. Which I won't do, I don't want to Y out an exhaust, I do want a true dual exhaust however. If so I guess I can try a dual center exit exhaust

Old 11-15-2016, 04:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
My question is do you have enough clearance under there for a pipe? I don't see any issues with the pipe and the evap box being in close proximity to each other as long as they're not physically touching each other.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Since the muffler's will be before that location it will just be a 2.5 inch pipe ran to that side. I plan to just run a true dual exhaust made for Coupe and muffler it maybe a 2 in and 2 out muffler before the differential or after it. Than run 2.5 inch pipes out to the exits. I guess I could just run a near straight angel exhaust with a center of bumper exit like Vette guys do. What do you think. So I figure I will install the exhaust all the way to the axle, axle back throw in the trunk and drive to the exhaust shop about 1 mile down the road to bend/weld the axle to exits. Bassani is most likely my setup. I ran Bassani for years and years when I was in the 99/01 Cobra 99-03 Mustang GT world and the exhaust is heaven to the ears on any car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.