Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Issues after Injen CAI Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issues after Injen CAI Install

Hey guys,
I did a quick search but couldn't find much hoping someone can help. I had an intake installed on my car (07 G35 Coupe) a couple weeks ago and since I have noticed a couple issues (both I am uncertain if related but seems likely as it started after install). The 1st is my "Service Engine" light is on. I did ask my shop about it and although they said it was likely caused by the Intake they didn't really have a solution for turning it off?

Second, when I'm in lower gears (2,3) the car seems to be very jolty when slowing down. Only if I'm off the clutch and going very slow (stuck in traffic for ex.) Its so bad that I will typically ride the clutch to eliminate which I know is not good. Again not sure if its related or not. The car was stored all winter but I know when I put it away it was driving fine.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
What code did the shop pull? I'd plug that into the search function here. Odds are it will turn up several threads related to the code. Might just be old gas in the tank causing you problems.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by g35shane
The 1st is my "Service Engine" light is on. I did ask my shop about it and although they said it was likely caused by the Intake they didn't really have a solution for turning it off?
Your shop is run by a bunch of idiots since a monkey with a $15 scanner or any AutoZone employee can pull a code and tell you what the issue is. Run very fast and very far from them and don't ever take your car back. I'm blown away by their ignorance (or shadiness if they know the issue and are just playing dumb).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.