Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Need some input on my exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some input on my exhaust

So first off I’m new to the site so don’t get angry at me if I’m doing this wrong.
So right now I have a 2003 g35 coupe still has oem exhaust, What do you guys think about muffler deletes with a berk hfc. I’ve heard that it will lose Low rpm power but more power in the higher rpms. IF that is a terrible idea then I am interested in a exhaust system but I don’t have the money for a motor dyne so what are some other good affordable options to make my g sound like a beast.

Thks for all answers this post gets

Last edited by thecleanG; 11-09-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Muffler Delete will deff make it louder but ive never heard it in person so i can't comment on the sound.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The Clean G, "Welcome to G35 Driver!"

To begin, you don't want Berks HFCs! The didn't last a year on my coupe and manufacture refused to back their warranty! I've been running Fast Intentions for a few years without issues, the only ones I recommend! Rather than going the muffler delete route you could buy a knock off system that should last you for as long as you own your G. Between the HFCs and exhaust system it will cost you just south of a K. Running HFCs and muffler delete your coupe w/b loud and have rasp, so you have choices! You won't need a dyno tune with just the exhaust mods! Enjoy the ride!
Gary

Old 11-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
To begin, you don't want Berks HFCs! The didn't last a year on my coupe and manufacture refused to back their warranty! I've been running Fast Intentions for a few years without issues, the only ones I recommend! Rather than going the muffler delete route you could buy a knock off system that should last you for as long as you own your G. Between the HFCs and exhaust system it will cost you just south of a K. Running HFCs and muffler delete your coupe w/b loud and have rasp, so you have choices! You won't need a dyno tune with just the exhaust mods! Enjoy the ride!
Gary
Ok thks for letting me know about the berks and do you know of any good knock off systems

Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 AM
I searched around a little for myself and found the topspeed exhaust ( Here's a link http://topspeedauto.com/infiniti-g35...xhaust-system/ ) any thoughts on this

Old 11-09-2017, 02:01 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
It's not the best quality and fitment seems to range from OK to terrible from person to person. Sound will be better than a muffler delete so there's that. Usually with the exhausts you get what you pay for and this one is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

If it were me I'd spend a bit more to get a legit exhaust that sounds fantastic like this one. Also the seller is a great guy and a long time member here so you wouldn't need to worry about a scam. https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...s-exhaust.html

Old 11-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
We have several members who swear by the Exotic Speed R1-T system, it's a y-back exhaust. You should also check out our Marketplace under vendor exhaust for a knock off and listen to a few vids, keeping mind they're only as good as what's recording them. Also check Private Classified for members selling their high $$ systems...half of retail is normal!
Gary

Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
It's not the best quality and fitment seems to range from OK to terrible from person to person. Sound will be better than a muffler delete so there's that. Usually with the exhausts you get what you pay for and this one is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

If it were me I'd spend a bit more to get a legit exhaust that sounds fantastic like this one. Also the seller is a great guy and a long time member here so you wouldn't need to worry about a scam. https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...s-exhaust.html
I just saw that earlier if it’s still available when I have the money it will be on my car

Old 11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Great decision, it's a hell of a deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.