Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Nvidia Gemini exhaust power gains?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust best for torque.

So I知 at that part of my build where exhaust is next. I知 looking for an exhaust that gives me the most torque for a good price. I壇 like some input from people that have an exhaust and saw a noticeable change.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
See the exhaust megathread. If you spend less than $700 be ready for it to sound like A$$.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nvidia Gemini exhaust power gains?

Just wondering if anybody out there has Invidia Gemini exhaust and has felt torque gains. Looking to pair it with the art pipes as well.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:11 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Matt a couple of things. First of all please post new threads in their appropriate place, ie. this one should be in the Intake/Exhaust sub-forum so I'm moving it there. Second to help keep the forum as uncluttered as possible please only start 1 thread per topic. We've been around for 17 years and things get mucked up quickly so to help I've merged your 2 threads together about exhaust/torque.

The reality of the answer to your quest is no exhaust system will add enough torque/HP to feel any significant difference on it's own. What quality systems will bring to the table is greatly reduced/elimination of drone/rasp, reliable builds/materials/fitment and of course signature sound. You will get noticeable gains from opening up your whole exhaust flow from HFCs to mid pipe to muffler then finished with a tune. But now we're talking about spending close to $2K and the most you could expect to gain from all of that is somewhere between 20-30 HP which is in the range of about a 10% increase over stock.

The question you should ask yourself is "is it worth the gain for the money"? And that's an answer only YOU can decide.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Matthew, the gains you're considering come at a cost which won't be achieved with a knockoff or y-back exhaust! Exhaust company's spend days/weeks testing their systems to maximize both the perfect (legal) sound and WHP. Motordyne or HKS exhaust systems along with Fast Intention HFCs plus a tune will get you the gains your want! Like Blue posted the cost is $2K+ or - a few $. However, that extra 30+ WHP will put a smile on your face every time you turn the key...something to consider!
Good Luck, enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Search my dyno thread, I have the Gemini exhaust and hfc my favorite since day 1. I am happy and content, but If I'll have to do it again, I will go with TDX2 and art.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
In my opinion, Best bang for buck power upgrade = Vortech Supercharger.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
I know I'm gonna get flamed but I'm a bigger fan of the Stillen SC, the dealbreaker however is that ugly hood you have to use...

Numbers aren't everything.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
Search my dyno thread, I have the Gemini exhaust and hfc my favorite since day 1. I am happy and content, but If I'll have to do it again, I will go with TDX2 and art.
I recently bought this combo I'm very excited to install it !

Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Oh Dangit... I should've just bought a Vortech