Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen SES vs. Fujitsubo Legalis R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen SES vs. Fujitsubo Legalis R

I have read every single thread pertaining to Injen/Fuji exhausts, but have a couple more questions which will determine which one I buy.

Would a Fujitsubo exhaust WITH y-pipe AND Crawford Cats be as loud as an Injen on its own?

If you added the above to the Injen, would it be too loud?

Lastly, anybody in the San Francisco Bay Area have one of these exhaust combos, and want to give me a chance to hear it?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Smile

I use to have the Fujitsubo exhaust with y-pipe and high flows but sold it. It wasn't loud at all just a pinch more then stock, made me wonder if i have an real gains in HP. Now I have the boral system, full race long headers and it still isnt as loud as any honda with a fart can out there. I m pretty happy with the borla system and for the price you cant beat it. plus it took me only 45 mins to install . Dont worry about he sound man, if you are i wouldnt mod it at all, just my 2 cents. Oh and to answer your question the Fujitsubo exhaust didnt sound much different with the cats. I had high flows before the long tube headers and couldnt even tell a difference between the high and stock cats. Not really sure why people are so worried about sound if they want a aftermarket exhaust Good luck either way!

Old 04-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by mcy4ever
I use to have the Fujitsubo exhaust with y-pipe and high flows but sold it. It wasn't loud at all just a pinch more then stock, made me wonder if i have an real gains in HP. Now I have the boral system, full race long headers and it still isnt as loud as any honda with a fart can out there. I m pretty happy with the borla system and for the price you cant beat it. plus it took me only 45 mins to install . Dont worry about he sound man, if you are i wouldnt mod it at all, just my 2 cents. Oh and to answer your question the Fujitsubo exhaust didnt sound much different with the cats. I had high flows before the long tube headers and couldnt even tell a difference between the high and stock cats. Not really sure why people are so worried about sound if they want a aftermarket exhaust Good luck either way!
You may have misinterpreted my post. I am looking for a nice HP gain, but I want to make sure that the exhaust is one I can tolerate. On my old Integra, I had an Apex'i exhaust with DC headers and straight pipes- TOO LOUD. On my Maxima, I had a custom Magnaflow muffler setup, and I couldn't stand the droning.

The Injen and Fuji are the two exhausts that really caught my eye (I want it to look good too), but I read that the Fuji is too quiet. I was hoping that with the addition of Cats/Y-Pipe, the Fuji would be louder- based on your post, it doesn't seem like it.

I am leaning towards the Injen system, but am afraid that with Cats/Y-pipe it will be unbearable, and drone...

Old 04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Vic
right now I have the crawford cats and gruppe-s y-pipe with the stock exhaust. now the exhaust have a deeper and a bit louder than it used to be. I'm still waiting for my fuji.. I think the fuji will make the exhaust sound deeper and louder.
BTW, the guy at the local performance shop dynoed a stock 350z with only fuji exhaust. He said that the Z gained 8 HP.. not sure if it's wheel HP though...

Old 04-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by mcy4ever
I use to have the Fujitsubo exhaust with y-pipe and high flows but sold it. It wasn't loud at all just a pinch more then stock, made me wonder if i have an real gains in HP.
No offense but suggesting that louder = more power is ricer mentality and could not be more wrong.

Don't expect many gains by just replacing the exhaust, you need to dump the ypipe and cats to make any real difference.

Last edited by copbait; 04-05-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Devil's Advocate
Would a Fujitsubo exhaust WITH y-pipe AND Crawford Cats be as loud as an Injen on its own?
I'd have to say no. The Fuji is very nice with the Crawford cats, but I don't think that it's as loud as the stock Injen. The Injen with the cats is quite loud for my tastes.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, I'm down in san jose. Here's my set up right now......JW Popcharger, ztube, crawford cast plenum, pro 1 y pipe and fujitsubo exhaust. This saturday I'm getting my Topspeed headers put on. If you wanna hear the exhaust in person just shoot me a PM.

Another thing with the injen ses i heard that they still have the fiberglass problem.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by copbait
No offense but suggesting that louder = more power is ricer mentality and could not be more wrong.

Don't expect many gains by just replacing the exhaust, you need to dump the ypipe and cats to make any real difference.

copbait
I cannot say what is the way to go but I do like what you said about the stock system.
Can you believe I said that! If you have any more info I would love to here about it,
I will be installing the Crawford headers and cats and just not sure what to do after that.
Damn that would make my day if the stock system would work. I like the way the stock system sounds. What are you thinking?? PS Your ride is very nice. Dennis

Old 04-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
copbait
I cannot say what is the way to go but I do like what you said about the stock system.
Can you believe I said that! If you have any more info I would love to here about it,
I will be installing the Crawford headers and cats and just not sure what to do after that.
Damn that would make my day if the stock system would work. I like the way the stock system sounds. What are you thinking?? PS Your ride is very nice. Dennis
Hey Pasta,

Good to see you away from the flames

Yea, the stock coupe exhaust is pretty free flowing. It's mainly the ypipe (and of course cats) that is the restrictive part. These are also the majority opinions over on My350 where they tend to be a little more concerned about performance than over here. Most vendors also agree our stock exhaust is pretty damn good, it's the ypipe that needs to go (and of course cats).

The most economical way to make the best gains would be to go with one of the fairly decent $200 ypipes. Some even believe that a ypipe system can make more power than a true dual system, so that little $200 upgrade is possibly making more power than a full dual $1200+ catback system!

Sound is alltogether a different consideration, and I too agree that the stock exhaust sounds pretty good with a better ypipe and cats. Not the lightest, prettiest, meanest or loudest sounding, but very adequate, and the stock tips are pretty good too.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by xstarpro
Im running Fuji Y pipe and Kinetix Cats with Stock exhaust...Slightly deeper tone..no rasp...more power.. .only challenge is the driver side cat under heavy load(engine torques clockwise)taps the frame or heat shield and I haven't found a solution yet...
The Stillen Engine Dampener solved that exact issue for me.

http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...d=55284&page=1

You can probably find it cheaper at a reseller though...

Old 04-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by xstarpro
Thanks Copbait...Im going to try the dampener...Fingers Crossed
Sure. I also put up a short review with other's feedback here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/48698-stillen-engine-dampener.html

Old 04-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by copbait
Hey Pasta,

Good to see you away from the flames

Yea, the stock coupe exhaust is pretty free flowing. It's mainly the ypipe (and of course cats) that is the restrictive part. These are also the majority opinions over on My350 where they tend to be a little more concerned about performance than over here. Most vendors also agree our stock exhaust is pretty damn good, it's the ypipe that needs to go (and of course cats).

The most economical way to make the best gains would be to go with one of the fairly decent $200 ypipes. Some even believe that a ypipe system can make more power than a true dual system, so that little $200 upgrade is possibly making more power than a full dual $1200+ catback system!

Sound is alltogether a different consideration, and I too agree that the stock exhaust sounds pretty good with a better ypipe and cats. Not the lightest, prettiest, meanest or loudest sounding, but very adequate, and the stock tips are pretty good too.
Thanks. This is way more productive. I understand that better flowing exhausts will make more power At the upper limits But to me getting the power to come on at say 1500rpms is way better than losing say 5 hp at 1500 rpms and then waiting to 6000rpms to make it back up and add more say at 6500 rpms. With the 2005 6mt that very low end power just cannot match my 2004 6mt. Now at the same time the 2005 runs hard up top and I know its stronger than the 2004. IM trying to build a lot of low end power in my 2005. It may not show up on a dyno as redline horse power but the torque is what I want. I agree that a good ypipe is in order here. $200.00 investment here is very safe. I like the fact of having a quite ride.
This is what IM thinking and I do not want to upset anybody. But tell me if IM wrong.
Torque and drivability wins races not redline HP.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
torque helps to get you off the line into the 1st gear quick. after that it's horsepower. (correct me if i'm wrong). 10 second EK (honda civic) n/a cars have extremely low (190 average) torque, but 400+ hp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen SES vs. Fujitsubo Legalis R