Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Question bout HKS Hi-Power Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bout HKS Hi-Power Exhaust

I wanted to know what people think about the exhaust and how loud it is. I have the Pro-1 exhaust and i love it, but my passenegrs hate it and i can't here my phone sometimes. I even dynomated the whole rear part of my car, and it still doesn't help. I really just want an exhaust that doesn't drone in my car, and is just a little loud. I am interested in the HKS, but want to make sure it is not too loud during driving in town. The Pro-1 i have drones a lot in the low RPM's, but not too much in the high. I heard fromn others that the HKS doesn't drone, but I still want to know if you can hear it at low RPM's or high RPM's. I watched the videos, but i can't tell if it is too loud. If anyone knows, please let me know, or if you have any other sujjestions either.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I would love to know the answer to that question. I want to mod my exhaust and been reading alot of posts but I couldn't find an answer. All I've read are posts from people saying how awesome it is etc. but nothing about how the sound compares to stillen, stock or any other exhaust. I too want an exhaust that's alittle loader than stock with no drone.

Anybody out there with the answer??????

Old 07-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Here is a link that might help. I'm assuming Pro-1 is louder than all of these.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...6066#post656066

Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 PM
go with fujitsubo, if you are very concerned with how loud it is.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:33 AM
What do you consider is quiter than fujitsubo?

Old 07-23-2005, 02:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the hks and there is no drone... it is a perfect grumble at low rmps and at wot it really gets mean.. i cant wait to get my headers and test pipes on so i can really hear her scream.. i would recommend the hks to anyone... its not ricey at all.. its a very low growl with no drone

Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 AM
hks high power

it really depends on what other mod you have plan for. I have HKS + header + test pipe; and It really brother my ear at low rpm and very loud at high rpm. On top of that, I am planning to put in CAI; so it is going to get louder.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:17 AM
haha paranormal....I like that "M3 smoker"....maybe you should also add "AMG eater" later on....

Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 AM
thanks car fanatic.. i like it too..hehe

Old 07-30-2005, 02:44 AM
HKS's hi power exhaust kills the competition by far. Stillen cant compare, injen doesn't come close, and Nismo is just pure rice racing. I have a 2003 coupe and i JUST, i mean JUST (2 days ago), got it back after it had the whole ProCharger Kit installed. So sum it up from front to back, here goes: Injen Cold air intake, Stillen Headers, Greddy Intercooler, Cat Delete pipes, HKS hi power exhaust with Titanium Tips, Symbolic SL-15 19x9.5 front/19x10.5 rear, SP racing grill, CUSTOM made $2300 projectors with white angel eyes, and finished off with a JL clean sweep with MB quart all around so i can still keep factory controls on dash. Last thing to go on is gonna be the HKS coilovers with an Impluse body kit. Dont worry boys....pictures will be soon, VERY soon. Check back---

Old 07-30-2005, 03:05 AM
how do you have a injen intake with a procharger? other than that it sounds real nice.. how is the jl clean sweep holding up? did you notice a difference

Old 07-30-2005, 07:55 AM
i wanna go hks too, does anyone know the cheapest place to get it shipped. most prices are around $1400. i was gonna go pro-1 without even really hearing it in person cause its so cheap, but i decided i really care about the look of the tips, and after what the first person in the thread said about drone im pretty turned off. I'm after a SCREAM at wot, but nice and calm at cruise. has anyone gotten race pipes(test pipes) on their stock exhaust, i think i might try that first and if i like the sound just replace my tips.

Last edited by thatg; 07-30-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got my HKS hi-power Ti last week and i love it. Its loud, however it doesnt drone and at about 2000 rpm its not bad at all. When you get on it thought, its loud and mean , but as a daily driver its good.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:15 AM
rsinghud

Originally Posted by rsinghud
HKS's hi power exhaust kills the competition by far. Stillen cant compare, injen doesn't come close, and Nismo is just pure rice racing. I have a 2003 coupe and i JUST, i mean JUST (2 days ago), got it back after it had the whole ProCharger Kit installed. So sum it up from front to back, here goes: Injen Cold air intake, Stillen Headers, Greddy Intercooler, Cat Delete pipes, HKS hi power exhaust with Titanium Tips, Symbolic SL-15 19x9.5 front/19x10.5 rear, SP racing grill, CUSTOM made $2300 projectors with white angel eyes, and finished off with a JL clean sweep with MB quart all around so i can still keep factory controls on dash. Last thing to go on is gonna be the HKS coilovers with an Impluse body kit. Dont worry boys....pictures will be soon, VERY soon. Check back---
With the setup you have listed here, do you feel if there is a low end power loss? Two weeks ago, I put header, testpipe, HKS hi power; immediately I feel like low end loss. I will put in the z-tube with pop charger to see if it will improve.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:33 AM
the Pop charger has been known to loose low end power..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question bout HKS Hi-Power Exhaust