Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Awesome dual exhaust system on coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Ted
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome dual exhaust system on coupe.

I just installed a full dual 2.5 inch system on my girlfriends 6M coupe. I chose a maganaflow, oval shaped, dual in and out, straight through 16 inch body design with a built in X pipe. Then out to the rear with 2.5 inch tailpipes over the rear sway bar which had to be dropped to fit over the right side.The whole system is very straight, neat looking and has very little bends at all. It should flow like mad as Maganaflow claims to have the highest flowing design with their stright through system.. Then once past the rear axle I had them install a flange on each pipe so that if desired an alternate tailpipe could be installed with a short resonator inline for further muffling with no cutting.
The system sounds deep, loud under full throttle but mellow below 4000rpm.It has become addicting to drive aggressively and seemingly to rev much more freely than before. The built in X pipe within the muffler makes this an ideal match to this vehicle for those wanting a clean awesome sounding system.
In my opinion it is not even comparable to the stillen sound clip I have heard hear being much deeper and more like an V8 Italian touring car.
If anyone wants to see pics I will be taking some soon back at the muffler shop as he wants to send them to Magnaflow to help them design a sysytem for the car.
I want to find a chassis dyno and check the rear wheel horsepower next. Can anyone recomend the best intake mod for me to do next?
Have a good one
Ted

Old 06-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Re: Awesome dual exhaust system on coupe.

Cool!
Go with INJEN

Old 06-12-2003, 08:13 PM

injen has their CAI out right now... I hear the k&n is coming soon.. (dont konw how soon..but im hoping soon).. many members on this board (including me) are waiting for the k&n

Old 06-13-2003, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI

The K & N is due any day now. They are doing a final fit test now, I had to pass on this, as my schedule did not permit it, but another guy on here was next in line, so he has posted some pics on FA.com. Once they are happy with his test run, they will give the thumbs up at the factory & they will start churning them out........ They have had ZERO problems with stalling etc.. Their system is running FLAWLESS. They will ship mine out to me when the first run comes out of the factory... We should start to see them on the shelves in a couple of weeks +/-..

SoCalMMR