Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

California owners with headers & hi-flo cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question California owners with headers & hi-flo cats

Just wondering if there are any California drivers out there that have had much problem passing their smog checks with headers and hi-flo cats? I'm in Cleveland and my car will have to go through "e-check" (samething) and from what I understand, headers shouldn't effect the content of the combustion by-products, and hi-flo cats should be as effective as OEM cats, but just less restrictive even though they may not be CARB approved. But I'd like to hear experiences if any.

thanks!

Old 09-28-2005, 11:07 AM
We've received emails from current Cali customers that our Strup headers have not caused any issues during emissions testing time. True they are still CARB pending, but as you stated, the headers should not have any impact on emissions.

when you think about what they do as compared to the stock manifold, they really just help expedite the process of moving those gases along - and in the process they improve your torque and hp! ;o)

If anything, I would be more concerned about hi-flo cats if I lived in California, but true that lots of them have proven to still meet emissions standards.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by partshipperdave
We've received emails from current Cali customers that our Strup headers have not caused any issues during emissions testing time. True they are still CARB pending, but as you stated, the headers should not have any impact on emissions.

when you think about what they do as compared to the stock manifold, they really just help expedite the process of moving those gases along - and in the process they improve your torque and hp! ;o)

If anything, I would be more concerned about hi-flo cats if I lived in California, but true that lots of them have proven to still meet emissions standards.
Thanks for the response. My hope is that if someone passes smog with HF cats in California, then theorhetically I should be ok in Ohio since California has the tightest emissions standards. Anyone else with thoughts or experiences to share?