Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005 | 11:30 PM
|
Montgomery's Finest
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my Strup headers and Kinetix High Flow cats installed today, took about 5hrs my machanic is the shiznit. Man are you talking about a a change in sound. Man it sounds like a freg'in monster at about 4k i love it. It is not the same car it seems to just want for power. You have to hear it to understand. But you can feel the power through out the power band now. LMAO

Last edited by gumpdriver; 11-05-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2005 | 12:51 AM
Staff Alumni
Staff Alumni
So where did you get the work done? And where did you get the headers, and how much?

Can we meet up some time for comparison?

Old 11-06-2005 | 01:51 AM
THE BATMOBILE
nice lets get a sound clip

Old 11-06-2005 | 07:54 AM
|
Montgomery's Finest
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
So where did you get the work done? And where did you get the headers, and how much?

Can we meet up some time for comparison?
What up Trey, my friend work at a The Mitsu Service dept, but he use to work for Nissan. He can have you in and ou tin 5 hrs. I have Strup Headres (Sponsership Price cut). PM Me if you want a sound clip.

Last edited by gumpdriver; 11-06-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2005 | 09:24 AM
You can get the Strup headers from us at the best price on the web. We have them on sale for the month of November for only $449.95.

Here's the Vendor Classified ad:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69929

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:05 AM
Devil's Advocate
Anyone know if these can be installed without tilting the engine?

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:12 AM
check the vendor classified. that's the beauty of Strup's design is that the bends are slightly different from the rest so you don't have to lift the engine or drop the tranny to install them. It can be done by a DIYer if you're motivated. Take a day and do it yourself, and save paying a shop hundreds of $'s for them to install them for you!

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:13 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
How's the Strup quality? I'm sure they are good, but how do they stack up against the others that are in it's price range?

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:46 AM
The quality of Strup's products is one of the things we are most proud of representing. PartShippers did some extensive research when looking for a manufacturer to supply headers and exhausts. After comparing many of the other similar manufacturers out there, we felt that Strup's quality and build, along with them being made in the USA and having a 2 year warranty exceeded our expectations and proved better than the rest in the similar pricerange.

We liked the fact that they were designed to be easier to install than all the others, and that Charlie Wenstrup is just one of those genuine great guys to do business with. He truly cares about his company and his customers and his products. He isn't into simply turning a profit and flooding the market with mass-produced products. We will stand by Strup and Charlie and their quality for a long long time.

heh, u can almost hear the national anthem playing in the background...

Old 11-08-2005 | 07:46 PM
|
Montgomery's Finest
Originally Posted by partshipperdave
The quality of Strup's products is one of the things we are most proud of representing. PartShippers did some extensive research when looking for a manufacturer to supply headers and exhausts. After comparing many of the other similar manufacturers out there, we felt that Strup's quality and build, along with them being made in the USA and having a 2 year warranty exceeded our expectations and proved better than the rest in the similar pricerange.

We liked the fact that they were designed to be easier to install than all the others, and that Charlie Wenstrup is just one of those genuine great guys to do business with. He truly cares about his company and his customers and his products. He isn't into simply turning a profit and flooding the market with mass-produced products. We will stand by Strup and Charlie and their quality for a long long time.

heh, u can almost hear the national anthem playing in the background...
Charlie is so good he has a great attitude it took my machanic about 5 hrs to install. He said they went right on with out moving the motor mounts like other Aftermarket Headers. Some Pics

Attached Thumbnails Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-dscn1079.jpg   Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-dscn1078.jpg   Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-dscn1077.jpg  

Last edited by gumpdriver; 11-08-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2005 | 10:28 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
How close to equal lenght are these things? Do they make any in ceramic coat? Any pictures of the collector?

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:35 PM
I believe the someone said that the middle piping is about 2" longer than the other 2, but can be installed without touching the engine

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:57 PM
|
Montgomery's Finest
You are correct the Middle is 2in long to keep from moving the motar around

Old 11-09-2005 | 09:26 AM
for some additional pics of the headers, including a pic of the collector, check out our vendor classified ad here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69929

Yes, the middle pipe is about 1 1/2" to 2" longer than either end pipe to allow additional clearance for easier installation. That short distance is not going to impact the performance of the headers at all, as has been proven with dyno tests, etc..

Also, they do not come ceramic coated.

Thanks all.

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:23 PM
For coating, just ship them to Jet Hot for the JetHot2000 coating... ...if you don't mind having flat-black headers. Shouldn't be able to see them anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.