Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Motordyne MRev Nice write up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:20 AM
I bet they would. Give them a call to be certain. I'll have my local mechanic do it or possibly the local Nissan service department (no local Infiniti dealer).

Old 12-09-2005 | 11:54 AM
It is really easy to change the manifold.

You don't need alot of mechanical ingenutiy....just and in-lb torque wrench, some sockets, and about 2 hours.

I took my time, and found it totally straight froward and would rate as a 3 out of 10 in terms of ease (1 being very easy, 10 being a "leave it to a shop.")
Put it this way......my 6 six year old son helped me!!!!

Old 12-09-2005 | 04:23 PM
The kit is a very easy install. instructions are included with the kit too. Takes most people who've never turned a wrench about 1 1/2 hours to install.

Old 12-10-2005 | 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by sky350GT
where would I get it installed if i buy the Motordyne M-Rev??

would Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA be able to do it?
You can do it yourself . . . And in doing so, you will be surprised at how simple it really is and what you are capable of. Nothing like installing a mod yourself and admiring your handy work . . . Needless to mention what your efforts will afford you with MREV.

Old 12-11-2005 | 07:01 PM
Question

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Yep it fits with no mods to it.
Hi PASTA,

Does this mean that the car hood would close with no hood clearance problems? Also is this for coupe or sedan where the hood clearance wouldbe different?? Can someone please fill me in on this? I'm very interest in the 1/2" spacer for the '05 Coupe Auto.

Thanks in advance,
G

Old 12-11-2005 | 08:24 PM
|
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by SpeedSTARs
Hi PASTA,

Does this mean that the car hood would close with no hood clearance problems? Also is this for coupe or sedan where the hood clearance wouldbe different?? Can someone please fill me in on this? I'm very interest in the 1/2" spacer for the '05 Coupe Auto.

Thanks in advance,
G
Its for a coupe 05 6mt. Mine fits fine.

Old 12-11-2005 | 08:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by SpeedSTARs
Hi PASTA,

Thanks in advance,
G
The 1/2" spacer fits the Auto and will make about 12-14 HP.

Old 12-11-2005 | 08:52 PM
Wink

From everything I have read and seen this should be a DIY job without exception.

Old 12-11-2005 | 09:16 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
The 1/2" spacer fits the Auto and will make about 12-14 HP.

Awesome... So the engine cover will also fit with no hood clearance problems? Is this right.

Thank in advance all.

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:44 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Keeping the cover?
You can get away with it on the Sedan 95% of the time but only some of the time (rarely) on the Coup.

Old 12-15-2005 | 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
It is really easy to change the manifold.

You don't need alot of mechanical ingenutiy....just and in-lb torque wrench, some sockets, and about 2 hours.

I took my time, and found it totally straight froward and would rate as a 3 out of 10 in terms of ease (1 being very easy, 10 being a "leave it to a shop.")
Put it this way......my 6 six year old son helped me!!!!
QuadCam - Did you find this to be a worth while mod in terms of performance gains?

Also has anyone tried coupling the MREV+ with a crawford or APS upper plenum and seeing what the gains are? I am assuming the upper plenum would give you more top end power with the MREV then the MREV on it's own. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-15-2005 | 09:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hi Serengettisandg,

I tested MREV with a 1/2" spacer which would give very similar results to a plenum but I found the total output was better with the 5/16" spacer.

5/16" also worked better than no spacer at all. So MREV has an optimum point for internal volume. Or better yet, MREV prefers a minimized volume but with maximized clearance above intake runners 1&2.

TQ is maximized by minimizing the volume.
HP is maximized by maximizing the clearance above runners 1&2.

So there are competing variables at work. And this is how modifying the lower collector came about. It helps to maximize both HP and TQ by minimizing volume and and maximizing clearance requirements both at the same time.

Old 12-15-2005 | 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Serengettisandg,

I tested MREV with a 1/2" spacer which would give very similar results to a plenum but I found the total output was better with the 5/16" spacer.

5/16" also worked better than no spacer at all. So MREV has an optimum point for internal volume. Or better yet, MREV prefers a minimized volume but with maximized clearance above intake runners 1&2.

TQ is maximized by minimizing the volume.
HP is maximized by maximizing the clearance above runners 1&2.

So there are competing variables at work. And this is how modifying the lower collector came about. It helps to maximize both HP and TQ by minimizing volume and and maximizing clearance requirements both at the same time.
Thanks so you basically pick either an upper or lower. Am I right in saying this? So you would potentially lose power by adding an upper plenum like the crawford to your MREV setup with 5/16" spacer? I thought that the stock upper on the 05's had a dip in the front that was causing flow restrictions? I just thought both together would work better.

Schyler

Old 12-15-2005 | 11:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
If this was the non REVUP engine it would be different. But in this case, more is not necessarily better.

Old 12-19-2005 | 11:06 PM
Thumbs up

Wow... Just got it installed and all I can say is dayammmm. This has got to be the best mod so far. The 1/2"er is awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne MRev Nice write up