Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

I need legit responses NO B.S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
I'm ready to start moding my g, and 1st step is intake. I did a search and found the results from flfire that cold air intakes are bteer than the stock box, so i dont want to hear anyone tell me to get a z tube and filter, unless you have dyno results to show me that the combo is worth it. but my question is, which CAI is the best, i did a search and no one gave actual results just people claiming that they're mod is best. Show me dyno results somebody, Nismo, INjen, stillen

Thank you
we dynoed a G back and fourth with a z-tube + OEM tube.. results were the SAME (actually the z-tube lost 2hp - but we think its just from the valve cover heating up and letting the hot air in). the popcharger has been proven to heat soak.. especially if ur just sitting at a redlight.. up to 10hp loss on a dynapack...

if you want the best combo IMO would be Popcharger + Stillen Air Box and heat wrap the whole intake.. even the part that extends to the top of the radiator

then again if your expecting a power gain from an intake ur off to begin with.. because of the already well designed OEM box you wont see much if any gains with an aftermarket intake.. only rason i got one was for the sound

Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Wow . . . Slow down, Tiger. I am usually quite a level headed person and willing to respond in the best fashion possible. However, with your request comments stated, as such . . . I can only say, "DO A SEARCH!"

You obviously want to obtain a legitimate answer with no "BS." Thus, you will need to work for it. I trust you find what you are seeking.
^^My first thought as well

Last edited by InTgr8r; 12-18-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
we dynoed a G back and fourth with a z-tube + OEM tube.. results were the SAME (actually the z-tube lost 2hp - but we think its just from the valve cover heating up and letting the hot air in). the popcharger has been proven to heat soak.. especially if ur just sitting at a redlight.. up to 10hp loss on a dynapack...

if you want the best combo IMO would be Popcharger + Stillen Air Box and heat wrap the whole intake.. even the part that extends to the top of the radiator

then again if your expecting a power gain from an intake ur off to begin with.. because of the already well designed OEM box you wont see much if any gains with an aftermarket intake.. only rason i got one was for the sound
what.. the popcharger heat soaks? is this for real? I have the PC + Z-Tube combo. The sound is amazing, but you really don't feel a "gain." damn.. if it heat soaks, I should swap it for a stillen.. can anyone else verify this?

Old 12-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i would say go with injen or aem cai same ****..but if u want dynos i wouldnt look at the factory dynos but try to find someones dyno on the forums since factory dynos are usually a little made up

Old 12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
DONT get an INJEN.. i had one on my 350Z and it DID hydrolock my engine.. my honest opinion is to not get an intake at all.. save your money and get a supercharger or something you're actually going to get power from.. the power you do get from an intake you wont even be able to tell a difference anyways.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by 3 DOWN
DONT get an INJEN.. i had one on my 350Z and it DID hydrolock my engine.. my honest opinion is to not get an intake at all.. save your money and get a supercharger or something you're actually going to get power from.. the power you do get from an intake you wont even be able to tell a difference anyways.

I am very happy with the Injen CAI. If you decide to put this on, just dont go into an deep puddles. Simple, right?

Old 12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jee_35
what.. the popcharger heat soaks? is this for real? I have the PC + Z-Tube combo. The sound is amazing, but you really don't feel a "gain." damn.. if it heat soaks, I should swap it for a stillen.. can anyone else verify this?

Heatsoak is over-rated. your fine dude.. you dont need to change it.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I like my injen CAI, I see gains. . . probably cause i floor it more though but it sure does sound nice .

Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 AM

flashfloods in so.cal? on one way streets?? is that considered simple?

Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 AM
Thank you for all the responses, and I feel bad for those of you who seem to never be able to answer a question without saying do a search. You need to grow up. I understand that bolt ons don't do much for the VQ but im not ready to go FI, and to those that can't read im also trying to feel the difference in my car progressively, step by step, i kno that CAI doesn't add much power, but im going to get one and im trying to make sure i get the best one. All i asked was for dyno sheets. YES, i did my reserch throughout the forums and found nothing that prooves which one is better, to some of you all mighty wise ones that say do a search, your not helping. If you know where it is though than help me out, but if not than don't reply with any smart remarks

Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jee_35
its just when ur not moving.. like lets say ur just chilling at a red light.. then u put it into first.. that gear is gona feel slow (if u can even feel the difference in power) until air starts moving through again

Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Talking

Thank you for all the responses, and I feel bad for those of you who seem to never be able to answer a question without saying do a search. You need to grow up. I understand that bolt ons don't do much for the VQ but im not ready to go FI, and to those that can't read im also trying to feel the difference in my car progressively, step by step, i kno that CAI doesn't add much power, but im going to get one and im trying to make sure i get the best one. All i asked was for dyno sheets. YES, i did my reserch throughout the forums and found nothing that prooves which one is better, to some of you all mighty wise ones that say do a search, your not helping. If you know where it is though than help me out, but if not than don't reply with any smart remarks

Such charisma and no one wants to help him out, go figure. Oh and dude please don't skip any more english classes.

Last edited by Jetleaf; 12-19-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:54 AM
It's funny to see people get their panties in a bunch over the possibility of adding 5rwhp. I guess we've all been there at one time or another, but come on... 5rwhp. You can get equivalent to that by taking out your spare tire or having your fat g/f go on a diet.

NA power gains are not worth the hassle.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Sure to get plenty of good responses with that attitude. "You'll catch more bees with honey than with flypaper." Grow some tact, holmes.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Get the Stillen "cold air intake", not the true CAI with the piping down to the bumper where cold air is, because a heatshield around a filter in your engine bay works extremely great for getting cold air to your motor!

Does anybody have dyno numbers?

Last edited by dofu; 12-19-2005 at 09:25 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need legit responses NO B.S