Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

I need legit responses NO B.S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need legit responses NO B.S

I'm ready to start moding my g, and 1st step is intake. I did a search and found the results from flfire that cold air intakes are bteer than the stock box, so i dont want to hear anyone tell me to get a z tube and filter, unless you have dyno results to show me that the combo is worth it. but my question is, which CAI is the best, i did a search and no one gave actual results just people claiming that they're mod is best. Show me dyno results somebody, Nismo, INjen, stillen

Thank you

Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd go with stillen for the pure fact that its not down in your front bumper-- The odd chance you get stuck in a puddle of water is enough for me to go with stillen-- The stillen sounds sweet and preforms well. You're not really going to see a difference if you buy just one mod. You need to combo them up-- Ztube and stillen would be my first choice, and thats why I bought them-- I did a looootttaaa research.

I'd look at plenums and high-flow cats as well-- I love my highflow cats-- they really really make the G roar.

(plenum + intake + ztube + highflow = about 17hp 11 torque, for me at least)

Old 12-18-2005, 11:51 AM
i eventually will get high flow cats and spacer, but i want to do each mod at a time so i can see the actual progression in my car, but your telling me that the stillen cai best i just would like to to see dyno results other than just opinions.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:55 AM
First off... Get the Injen CAI. Its an easy install and it claims the most HP's (but do not expect anything but sound from an intake). I got stuck in a 6-8" puddle during a storm and I had no problems with it sucking up water (thankfully).

No B.S.

Last edited by perfectmax; 12-18-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I got the Stillen CAI w/ Z-tube and i deff. reccomend it, i love the sound of it and the deepening of the engine aswell. And intakes dont really add hp , maybe around 5 or something like that just sounds cool.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
First off... Get the Injen CAI. Its an easy install and it claims the most HP's (but do not expect anything but sound from an intake). I got stuck in a 6-8' puddle during a storm and I had no problems with it sucking up water (thankfully).

No B.S.
Trust me, if you got stuck in an 6 to 8 FOOT puddle, that would surely engulf your entire car not just your intake. HA!

It should read 6-8"

Sorry guys. I had to.
= P

Old 12-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
legit response? for me is keep the intake stock.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Legit responses? Dude, grow up.

Some intakes are dyno proven to show some gains. Still others have been observed to show losses below 4k rpms, then moderate gains above 6k.

Rather than asking a question that's been asked literally hundreds of times, do your own research. It requires the SEARCH button. And it requires a little more effort than just skimming the results.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
First Mods.........

So far most of the previous members know what
there talking about. The Stillen intake is great and
contains a huge K&N filter. To complete this mod I
suggest the Z Tube too. Now you have all this extra
air coming you'll need to get rid of it.....it's cat-back
time. That will take a lot of research due to the number of systems on the market. Magnaflow, Stillen, Borla and HKS just to name a few. For the
fun of it go onto Magnaflow.com and listen to the
system they offer for the G35.....Good Luck..No BS.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
I'm ready to start moding my g, and 1st step is intake. I did a search and found the results from flfire that cold air intakes are bteer than the stock box, so i dont want to hear anyone tell me to get a z tube and filter, unless you have dyno results to show me that the combo is worth it. but my question is, which CAI is the best, i did a search and no one gave actual results just people claiming that they're mod is best. Show me dyno results somebody, Nismo, INjen, stillen

Thank you

Wow . . . Slow down, Tiger. I am usually quite a level headed person and willing to respond in the best fashion possible. However, with your request comments stated, as such . . . I can only say, "DO A SEARCH!"

You obviously want to obtain a legitimate answer with no "BS." Thus, you will need to work for it. I trust you find what you are seeking.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
You want the hard truth? Save your money if you're looking for power from an intake. I suggest you search this site and my350Z.com. Intakes on the G/Z are purely elaborate noise makers. Period.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
You want the hard truth? Save your money if you're looking for power from an intake. I suggest you search this site and my350Z.com. Intakes on the G/Z are purely elaborate noise makers. Period.
LOL, So true..

Old 12-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Legitimate Response:

For performance, you can't do any better than the Z Tube and K&N panel.

All others are for looks and noise.

JMO

Old 12-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Z tube + Stillen CAI
no second thoughts ^^

Old 12-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
so i dont want to hear anyone tell me to get a z tube and filter,
Duuuude get a z tube and filter! happy?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need legit responses NO B.S