Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Went with the Stillen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post clips

Old 01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by BlackInfinitiG
post clips
yes, please post some clips! this is their version 2 i assume?

Old 01-16-2006, 02:34 AM
is the exhaust louder then stock with CAI?

Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry guys Im completely computer illiterate, I dont know how to post clips and sound bites or any of that stuff. I'll see if I can get someone else to do it for me.

Yeah its deffenitely louder than the stock exhaust with a CAI. Problem I was having was that one my CAI and and Plenum spacer where on I could'nt here my exhaust anymore, but now its a perfect balance.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

I had stillen...just that I went to other way around.. from Stillen back to Stock because of stupid insurance issues..

but man, I was trying to explain the top end power that the Stillen provided to me..that no one could understand !
Anyways, now I have someone who understand how I felt lol...

Enjoy your new exhaust!

Old 01-17-2006, 02:36 AM
how much did you get it for??

im actually wanting to buy this exhaust system but on Stillen Day. not sure if it'll make a huge savings difference.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
sorry to hear that godmans, I bet you miss all that extra power!

I paid $1,200.00 for mine, worth every penny...

Old 01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I got probably the 2nd or 3rd original Stillen made and its still on my sedan. I loved the sound and power, but I could see how some would think it was too loud for a sedan. After I installed Kinetix resonated test pipes, the power gain was huge even beyond what the Stillen gave from stock. But it was insane loud and NOT legal. I had no choice but to remove the 14" resonators and install some 30" ones. Way, way better and probably sounds like the Gen2 now. Would be interesting to see how the Gen2 would sound with resonated testpipes. I bet it would sound sick, sick I say.

BTW, how long are the resonators on the Gen2?

Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by tabtony
hi i have a stillen exhaust just wanted to see if anyone was inrested thanks
Is this the new stillen exhaust?

Old 02-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll jump on here as well. I have an 04 AT coupe with grounding wires, a Stillen Hi-Flow Air box, Ztube, Crawford Plenum, and Stillen cat backs with the X pipe.

Gotta tell you this thing is a head turner in such a good way. The power of this car is sooo smooth and the sound is IMO very nice. I think the HKS might be in some peoples taste with a sound that is a bit less refined in its exotic presence, giving it that raw straight pipe sound with less bass, but the Stillen has a deep roar that sets it apart making it sound like it has a more power.

I have definately noticed the power it produces throughout the power band. It accelerates with an engineered gracefulness that only Infiniti could produce and it is magnified so much with the extra juice. The 80-120mph range is just a joke, the needle doesn't slow a bit and just laughs at the digits as they fly by. High end on this would be a match for close to anything on the road and accelerating out of turns is just magical as before, it seemed it lacked just a bit when it got to the 3000 rpm range.

I would like to experience the HKS to give a true review of which I like better, but even the guys at Midas stopped what they were doing and came out to watch and listen to me start up my car and drive it away. The guy gave me the keys and said "you're gonna be hella happy with this exhaust" (ya I'm from Nor Cal).

I can't wait to get high flow cats and headers to unleash the full potential of the sexiness the engine has to offer.

BTW, STILLEN on the tips looks so sexy.

Last edited by Driver Elite; 02-07-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats Driver Elite on your exhaust. I just added test pipes, and headers, imagine the amazing sound of the Stillen amplified by 10!

Old 02-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IlirG
Congrats Driver Elite on your exhaust. I just added test pipes, and headers, imagine the amazing sound of the Stillen amplified by 10!

Thanks man. Did you add the test pipes and the headers together after the exhaust? If so, do you notice any HP gains when you get on it?

X10... that would be pretty damn loud. Might scare women and young children!

Actually, today, I was driving through the parking lot at Costco doing about 7mph in the parking lot and gave it a rev going down the aisle and made an older asian man jump out of the way. He was about 50feet away and I wasn't even close to him, but he heard the exhaust and thought his life was in danger

Old 02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
lol

Yeah I added the TP's and headers about a month after the exhaust, and now there is just power on top of power. But I eventually am going to take the test pipes off, once I can afford a pair of Crawford HF cats.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:10 PM
nice congrads

Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM
i agree.... there's a big hype on the hks .... but i don't understand why some don't like the stillen... imo, i think the stillen sound and power is how infiniti should have made the coupe......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went with the Stillen