Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Went with the Stillen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luongdmd
i agree.... there's a big hype on the hks .... but i don't understand why some don't like the stillen... imo, i think the stillen sound and power is how infiniti should have made the coupe......

+1... Totally agree.

I can't wait to get the crawford cats on. Then we'll be cookin with fire.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luongdmd
i agree.... there's a big hype on the hks .... but i don't understand why some don't like the stillen... imo, i think the stillen sound and power is how infiniti should have made the coupe......
Because the HKS is the sexiest looking exhaust Seriously though the reason I chose the HKS over the Stillen is because the Stillen a heavier exhaust than the stock exhaust. HKS is 15 lbs lighter than stock!!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You actually weighed this?

Old 02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
You actually weighed this?
Yes, I actually weighed the stock exhaust @ approx. 70lbs and the HKS exhaust weighed in at 55lbs. Other members on the board with HKS exhausts have also confirmed this.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Premier Member

But compared tot he Stillen. Did you weigh the Stillen? If not lets not assume that the Stillen is heavier.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
The stillen is 75lbs

Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone interested in buying a used td stillen exhaust??? make me a offer

Old 02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe we're confusing two different applications here. The HKS is for the coupe, and the Stillen comparible exhaust has two separate mufflers. For the sedan,, the Stillen has one muffler and is listed as 13 lbs less than stock system.....

Old 02-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the power that I was talking about when I have my stillen trueDual on my car, but no one believed me ... It just never stops pulling at above 3.5k rpm... (when compared to the stock exhaust)

Originally Posted by Driver Elite
I'll jump on here as well. I have an 04 AT coupe with grounding wires, a Stillen Hi-Flow Air box, Ztube, Crawford Plenum, and Stillen cat backs with the X pipe.

Gotta tell you this thing is a head turner in such a good way. The power of this car is sooo smooth and the sound is IMO very nice. I think the HKS might be in some peoples taste with a sound that is a bit less refined in its exotic presence, giving it that raw straight pipe sound with less bass, but the Stillen has a deep roar that sets it apart making it sound like it has a more power.

I have definately noticed the power it produces throughout the power band. It accelerates with an engineered gracefulness that only Infiniti could produce and it is magnified so much with the extra juice. The 80-120mph range is just a joke, the needle doesn't slow a bit and just laughs at the digits as they fly by. High end on this would be a match for close to anything on the road and accelerating out of turns is just magical as before, it seemed it lacked just a bit when it got to the 3000 rpm range.

I would like to experience the HKS to give a true review of which I like better, but even the guys at Midas stopped what they were doing and came out to watch and listen to me start up my car and drive it away. The guy gave me the keys and said "you're gonna be hella happy with this exhaust" (ya I'm from Nor Cal).

I can't wait to get high flow cats and headers to unleash the full potential of the sexiness the engine has to offer.

BTW, STILLEN on the tips looks so sexy.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by DP03
Maybe we're confusing two different applications here. The HKS is for the coupe, and the Stillen comparible exhaust has two separate mufflers. For the sedan,, the Stillen has one muffler and is listed as 13 lbs less than stock system.....
Did this ever get resolved? I am real curious to know if the Stillen Coupe exhaust with the Xpipe is actually heavier than the OEM Infiniti Coupe exhaust?

Old 06-03-2006, 02:12 PM
^+1

Old 06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
^+1
I guess it's like 8 lbs heavier than OEM, but it's built a lot better than OEM and flows more power than HKS according to a lot of dyno results...I got the dual tip Stillen for my Coupe and I LOVE it fwiw.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by bosssho
I guess it's like 8 lbs heavier than OEM, but it's built a lot better than OEM and flows more power than HKS according to a lot of dyno results...I got the dual tip Stillen for my Coupe and I LOVE it fwiw.
Let's see, I believe 8lbs = about 1.26 gallons of gasoline.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:57 PM
But if the HKS is 15 lbs lighter than stock wouldnt it make up ( or even overcome ) any performance loss vs stillen ( if any )

Old 06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
But if the HKS is 15 lbs lighter than stock wouldnt it make up ( or even overcome ) any performance loss vs stillen ( if any )
You guys are both right...A lot of people have brought up the Gas thing so that's dead on, and yes, if the HKS is close, it will over come the power with weight which are both different means to the same end.

It really comes down to preference b/t the two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went with the Stillen