Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Cracked Crawford Cats.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracked Crawford Cats.

Has anyone had their Crawford Cats cracked at the bracket joint after one year use? Easy fixed tho, I had a muffler shop spot welded the joint. Just curious..

Old 03-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep, i've read problems of that nature before

See people, Crawford's products arn't godlike and have just as many problems as others

Old 03-05-2006, 01:46 AM
THE BATMOBILE
ive heard very few stories.......more complaints about kinetex and other companies

Old 03-05-2006, 02:16 AM
heard about it....

Old 03-05-2006, 09:06 AM
The only peeps I have heard of having problems are those with Nismo or Fuji exhaust. Doug I believe fixed that issue on th enew version by welding a brace. I do know that anyone who did have a problem simply shipped it backed to Doug and got a new one.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:43 AM
see, dont diss the kinetix hfc when the more expensive cat does the same. I hate how ppl think just bc u pay more for a product it is suppose to be better than the rest. I have the kinetix cat and I love mine. No need to bang out the drive side heat shield like the crawford and haven't cracked yet (knock on wood, lol).

Old 03-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
see, dont diss the kinetix hfc when the more expensive cat does the same. I hate how ppl think just bc u pay more for a product it is suppose to be better than the rest. I have the kinetix cat and I love mine. No need to bang out the drive side heat shield like the crawford and haven't cracked yet (knock on wood, lol).
I know!

Last time I spent like 30seconds on my350z and pulled up 6 instances (w/o spending any time) where people had either cracked their crawford cats or blown them out. I know kinetix has had their issues, but all the problems have been addressed (supposedly) in their latest version. No idea about crawford's though.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yikes! Hmmmm . . . I'd better do a bit of research on the Crawfords.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Yikes! Hmmmm . . . I'd better do a bit of research on the Crawfords.
all the cats have known problems

ut - blowing out inards and cracking
r/t - blowing out inards constantly
crawford - cracking and blowing out inards (only a few complaints iv'e read about blowing out though, more cracking)
kinetix - cracking (oddly never read anything about them blowing out)
helix - havn't been manufactured since like jan. 2005

it's really either between crawford or kinetix right now.......of course most people on here suck Crawford's nuts claiming they're god-like products and kinetix is the lowly scum of teh earth, but in reality they're both good and both have problems........but atleast kinetix has redesigned theirs to solve them, no idea about crawford.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Make a Good product and you too can get a nut sucked...I notice the same 3 people bash anyone that says anything nice about crawford. Guess what, people who like products made by someone with their awesome attitude get sales and have a following. There is no need for crawford to redesign thier product based on what has been read here. Mod your car and it will be less reliable and have issues quicker than stock.

Whatever you do don't NOT buy crawford because people rave about their products. That's not such bad thing. I never hear anyone rave about kinetux except those that are bitter they should have gotten something better in the first place.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
c35
How do you know?

Will you know if/when you have a cracked cat?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Make a Good product and you too can get a nut sucked...I notice the same 3 people bash anyone that says anything nice about crawford. Guess what, people who like products made by someone with their awesome attitude get sales and have a following. There is no need for crawford to redesign thier product based on what has been read here. Mod your car and it will be less reliable and have issues quicker than stock.

Whatever you do don't NOT buy crawford because people rave about their products. That's not such bad thing. I never hear anyone rave about kinetux except those that are bitter they should have gotten something better in the first place.

I <3 my kinetix cats, absolutely 0 problems with them.

And i only "bash" Crawford when a Crawford-nut-sucker comes on going "OMG! CRAWFORD IS TEH BOMB! ALL OTHER COMPANIES MAKE **** PRODUCTS!! NEVER BUY FROM ANYBODY BUT CRAWFORD@!!!!'

Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
And i only "bash" Crawford when a Crawford-nut-sucker comes on going "OMG! CRAWFORD IS TEH BOMB! ALL OTHER COMPANIES MAKE **** PRODUCTS!! NEVER BUY FROM ANYBODY BUT CRAWFORD@!!!!'
Though you didn't quite "bash" crawford in this thread, no "Crawford-nut-sucker" came on here to exclaim "OMG! CRAWFORD IS TEH BOMB! ALL OTHER COMPANIES MAKE **** PRODUCTS!! NEVER BUY FROM ANYBODY BUT CRAWFORD@!!!!".

Seems like you have a reverse hard-on for crawford.

BTW - I've had both kinetix and crawford, and I'm now back to stock.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Trey why stock cats again? Having issues?

Old 03-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Banned
You know Kinetix HFC's are Carsound (aka Magnaflow) cats. You can buy them for about $85 a piece, bring it to a exhaust shop and have him bend some pipe with an O2 plug and you're set!!! Probably $100 bucks cheaper in the end.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/Catalytic_Converters.htm

Call and talk to John. Tell him you're from the Nissanclub forum and he'll throw you a better price. Just food for thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cracked Crawford Cats.