Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Installed JWT POP charger, protect or move the ac line?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RebelinRI
Oh Man............ Just twist the Z-tube!!!!!! I have over a inch between my lines and the pop charger.
you know things do move around when the engine is working and you are moving at high rates of speed unless they are bracketed or tied down by some means. your advice here is pretty cr4p

Old 01-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BigSash
you know things do move around when the engine is working and you are moving at high rates of speed unless they are bracketed or tied down by some means. your advice here is pretty cr4p
Wow.......... Where were you 30 years ago when I was learning about cars??? I'll post pics for you tomorrow. My pop charger has been in my car for almost a year now and it hasn't moved. I guess that why JWT put those little clamp thingy's in that package huh???? LOL This thread was brought to life again by someone who didn't know and saw a problem, which is good. If you have a Ztube, just turn it and then tighten the clamp at the throttle body. Then tighten the heat shield in place and you're nice and safe. There is a thread somewhere were someone says the samething. Hell if you grab my filter and pull it to the left or right about a half inch and let go, It'll bounce back and forth until it reaches center again without hitting a thing. But a pic speaks a thousand or so words, so be patient.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 PM
sorry for jacking the thread but don't wanna start a new one since there's so many.

just wondering...would there be much change in sound with the pop charger alone w/o z-tube?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cloud
sorry for jacking the thread but don't wanna start a new one since there's so many.

just wondering...would there be much change in sound with the pop charger alone w/o z-tube?
Nope, not much sound at all, you'll only get a whistling sound if you just put on the pop charger, its the pop charger and z tube combo that makes the difference

Last edited by Derek S; 01-08-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I see, I just put in my blitz sonic power intake and i don't know whether to get the z-tube or not.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by RebelinRI
Wow.......... Where were you 30 years ago when I was learning about cars??? I'll post pics for you tomorrow. My pop charger has been in my car for almost a year now and it hasn't moved. I guess that why JWT put those little clamp thingy's in that package huh???? LOL This thread was brought to life again by someone who didn't know and saw a problem, which is good. If you have a Ztube, just turn it and then tighten the clamp at the throttle body. Then tighten the heat shield in place and you're nice and safe. There is a thread somewhere were someone says the samething. Hell if you grab my filter and pull it to the left or right about a half inch and let go, It'll bounce back and forth until it reaches center again without hitting a thing. But a pic speaks a thousand or so words, so be patient.
There are several z-tubes on the market not just the Nissan OEM and they have different movement and clamping issues and slightly different angles so stfu. k thx.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned
If you have the JWT pop charger, the tube you use means POOP!!!!!!!!!!!! Shall we prove me right??? Looking at your mods............. nah never mind. When first installing just snug the clamps up so you can twist things. You see that brace that is attached to the back of the velocity stack, well that will pull it and hold it in position. The plastic piece where the MAF is held has a rubber grommet attached and that will bend and keep you clear of your AC lines. PERIOD!!! When you rotate, watch the height of the MAF. Be careful of the hood hitting it when closing, that would just plain suck!! It was raining here in New England for the most part, but I will get you the pics. I have a special one for you Sasha. Peace!!

Old 01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned
OK here you go. First pic is of the whole intake. I have a Ztube (yes OEM) and the JWT popcharger. I have no doubt that the other aftermarket tubes are different as BigSash pointed out, but with a little twisting here and there you'll be fine. I must really point out that the position of your MAF!!! BE VERY CAREFUL!!! I can't tell you enough because it'll suck to have to get a new one!!

Next two are taken by the AC lines. You see that there is no way these will touch the popcharger.

When I twisted my around to get it to the point I liked it was a little mismatched from the bracket mounted at the car and the velocity stack so I took some washers and added them in. Ghetto I know but it works.

I hope it makes sense. Just play around a bit with it and all will go well, but watch the MAF please!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
^^ That works quite nicely.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
My Son and I used the 1.5" of the hose that we cut out doing the ISO Therm Spacer install, perfect size. Also, moved the z-tube clamp bolt to the other side so that only the rubber and plastic of the z-tube touches the AC line.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gpair
You can disconnect you battery for a night and that should reset the ECU.
not sure if you meant to post this here, but if you want to reset the ECU just disconnect the neg cable then hold down the break to the floor for about 30 seconds....now it's reset.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Did the slight rotation thing with MAF and bracket.
Adequate space after that, but also installed wire loom for piece of mind.
Engine could still torque/vibrate and occasionally hit ac line during hard playing.
Over a year and no a/c line wear issues.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
does the injen CAI rub too?? if so, whats the best way to cover the ac lines?

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 AM
yeeup, mother f'ing stillen intake rubbed a hole in my AC line. no wonder i get no cold air......i guess i read this thread too late. *** me up the goat @$$

Old 05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
let's say that I can get the hole sealed, do i HAVE to go to the dealer to the refrigerant recharged in the A/C line or can I just go anywhere that's super cheap?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed JWT POP charger, protect or move the ac line?