Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Urethane Nismo Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Glex25
Lets just say the Saga Continues.

I received the bumper damaged and was offered certain guarantees which were not honored.
So now I'm $800 in the hole and no bumper.

Sorry to say but I would not be doing business again with this company.
I'm still waiting for this fiasco to be resolved.
dam bro that sux, i feel your pain. although mine worked out alright it was still a long and painful process.

if i were you i would keep fighting it. i know a member here (who shall remain nameless unless he post something) got a full refund back. so it can be done.

and I too will never do business w/ this company.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm afraid to post for fear of reprisal.
I made 2 previous threads on the particular situation with this vendor and both were yanked.
So we know where best interest lies as far as getting straight info on vendors on this site.
I totally understand bro. But I know who it is as I got a PM asking me if I personally had a problem with that specific vendor after reading my posts. All I'm doing and have done is pointing out the FACTS about specific situations but like you said, some threads have been yanked and I think it's totally unfair when all we're doing is simply sharing experiences, and providing some advice to one another so nobody else gets burned. The money lost is important but this goes beyond the economics...it's a matter of good, professional business practice, morals and ethics. Good luck in getting your money back but don't bank on it.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
So does anyone have actual pictures of how they had to modify the bumper so it can reach the lower part.

If someone has pics of the real Nismo bumper(Fiberglass) and the Urethane replica to see how they differ in that area it would be great.

Just curious and i think it would benefit others.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So does anyone have actual pictures of how they had to modify the bumper so it can reach the lower part.

If someone has pics of the real Nismo bumper(Fiberglass) and the Urethane replica to see how they differ in that area it would be great.

Just curious and i think it would benefit others.
I'll take some pictures tonight when I get home and upload them. The pictures will be of the mounted bumper as I really don't think I want to start removing the bumper after we got it sitting perfectly. You will be able to see the mounting plate we had to make up to make it fit. Basically we made a plate out of double folded aluminum, one side connects to the bumper, the other side to the plastic skid guard under the car.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by elrooko
I'll take some pictures tonight when I get home and upload them. The pictures will be of the mounted bumper as I really don't think I want to start removing the bumper after we got it sitting perfectly. You will be able to see the mounting plate we had to make up to make it fit. Basically we made a plate out of double folded aluminum, one side connects to the bumper, the other side to the plastic skid guard under the car.
Here are the pics, looking under the hood, towards the front of the car. You can see the plate we made up and how it attaches to the skid plate, and to the plastic mating plate on the bumper. In short, if the mating plate on the bumper was about 1 inch longer, we wouldn't have needed the metal plate at all.

Attached Thumbnails Urethane Nismo Bumper-skid-plate.jpg   Urethane Nismo Bumper-skid-plate-2.jpg  
Old 08-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Thanks Elrooko I was trying to explain this to the manufacturer of the bumper and they said they never heard of this issue.
They said they were going to be making a new mold so I asked since a new mold was being made if this issue can be addressed.
We will see what happens in the future.
I have asked a few people with the original FG Nismo bumber and they had said no such modification was needed to mount theirs.
Hopefully those with the original will also post pics.

Thanks again Elrooko

Old 08-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Elrooko I was trying to explain this to the manufacturer of the bumper and they said they never heard of this issue.
They said they were going to be making a new mold so I asked since a new mold was being made if this issue can be addressed.
We will see what happens in the future.
I have asked a few people with the original FG Nismo bumber and they had said no such modification was needed to mount theirs.
Hopefully those with the original will also post pics.

Thanks again Elrooko
No problem, if you need anything else, just let me know.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Administrator
looking for some people that might have their car on the lift and take pics from underneath would should me more of what im looking for.

Both from on top and bottom pics

Old 08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
looking for some people that might have their car on the lift and take pics from underneath would should me more of what im looking for.

Both from on top and bottom pics
On mine you won't really see anything. It will look like the skid plate and the bumper plate don't mount evenly, but in reality they are just screwed to the metal plate on top of them. Don't think pics will really show you anything at least on mine.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Man that stinks!

Can somebody PM me with the name of the company?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't need the extension for the original NISMO fg bumper. The only thing needed for a perfect fit was to remove the two foam inserts behind the bumper, which are already removed in the pics above. With these added supports in place, it caused a slight misalignment at the passenger fender.

We removed them, as the fiberglass is plenty rigid enough that it didn't need these added support pieces used for the OEM urethane bumper. After removing them and getting a perfect, OEM fit instantly, I'm certain they are supposed to be removed.

I'm not sure how necessary they really are for the OEM bumper or the urethane NISMO replica, but if you didn't remove them and you're getting bulging at the sides, give it a try. If it was molded from the original, it would stand to reason that these supports would need to be removed for the best fit. Again, not sure how effective they would be on the urethane model, or if they'll even fit snugly on anything other than the OEM bumper.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Didn't need the extension for the original NISMO fg bumper. The only thing needed for a perfect fit was to remove the two foam inserts behind the bumper, which are already removed in the pics above. With these added supports in place, it caused a slight misalignment at the passenger fender.

We removed them, as the fiberglass is plenty rigid enough that it didn't need these added support pieces used for the OEM urethane bumper. After removing them and getting a perfect, OEM fit instantly, I'm certain they are supposed to be removed.

I'm not sure how necessary they really are for the OEM bumper or the urethane NISMO replica, but if you didn't remove them and you're getting bulging at the sides, give it a try. If it was molded from the original, it would stand to reason that these supports would need to be removed for the best fit. Again, not sure how effective they would be on the urethane model, or if they'll even fit snugly on anything other than the OEM bumper.
On mine we left them in and everything was fine - no mis alignment issues or anything.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a question is there anywhere that i can still get that bumper

Old 08-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by GoNAbESIKWEnIMDn
just a question is there anywhere that i can still get that bumper
http://www.themodcity.com/product.php?ID=34

Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pictures:
http://www.rice.sightless.net/import...20Urathane%5d/

Review:
https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/167271-another-klumzyee-thread-got-my-bumper.html

More reviews search "Klumzyee" in your search box

Poly Urethane bumper for $500 shipped to your door

- Eric
626-636-6678

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Urethane Nismo Bumper