Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Replica Ings sides fitment pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replica Ings sides fitment pics

Here are the pics that a lot of people have been asking for since I posted pics of my car. I hinted at the fact that I was unhappy with the fitment. From a distance and in pics the sides look good. It's only when you look up close do you notice the imperfections and bad fitment. I'm learning that I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem.

In my line of work I represent lots of products as well. So when a product is not up to spec I get the snarls from my customers then I relay that back to the manufacturer. Problem fixed not an issue in the future. I'm sure this has happened in the past so why are there still skirts being sold with such bad fitment??

Hopefully the source that produces these skirts for AutomotiveMods will beef up their quality control. This is not a slam towards AutomotiveMods. These guys have been very receptive and have answered every PM and email that I have. Nice bunch of guys. Enough of the BS. Here are the pics starting with the driver's side.

Attached Thumbnails Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ds2.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ds4.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ds5.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ds6.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ds7.jpg  

Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Passenger side

Attached Thumbnails Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ps1.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ps2.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ps3.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ps4.jpg   Replica Ings sides fitment pics-ps5.jpg  

Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holly crap im glad i bought the real deal!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
DAMN!!! i bought the same sides from same place, very bad fitment also, but not as bad as yours!! sorry you got such ****ty ones, but i agree, very bad fitment.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Hello,

Lately we were having a minor issue with the Ings+1 side skirts for the G35 Coupe. We did our homework and found the problem. There was a chemical imbalance which caused these imperfections and a bad mold. We do admit, a bad mold does occur once in a whille, which again, causes the fitment issues. We can assure anyone this will not happen again as we have solved the problem. Anyhow, we offer to everyone and anyone who is unsatisifed with their product a full brand new free replacement on us. In this situation, "aorbeta" came to us after he had already painted and installed the product on his car. Therefore, company policy, we could not accept the product back. If he would have came to us before hand and had not painted yet alone install, we would have refunded him or sent him a brand new free replacement on us, no problem. We have sold many sets to G35 Coupe members on this forum who have been super satisfied with the product. Here are a few pictures of our customers with the same side skirts. Again, we ask anyone who is not satisfied with their products to please contact us and we will either issue you a refund or a free replacement on us. Thank You.
Mitch

Last edited by AutoMotiveMods; 07-26-2006 at 03:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by aorbeta
From a distance and in pics the sides look good. It's only when you look up close do you notice the imperfections and bad fitment.
Mitch, do you have any close up detailed pics of the ones above that look good? Like aorbeta said, in distance pics they all look great, but what about up close?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by AutoMotiveMods
Hello,

Lately we were having a minor issue with the Ings+1 side skirts for the G35 Coupe. We did our homework and found the problem. There was a chemical imbalance which caused these imperfections and a bad mold. We do admit, a bad mold does occur once in a whille, which again, causes the fitment issues. We can assure anyone this will not happen again as we have solved the problem. Anyhow, we offer to everyone and anyone who is unsatisifed with their product a full brand new free replacement on us. In this situation, "aorbeta" came to us after he had already painted and installed the product on his car. Therefore, company policy, we could not accept the product back. If he would have came to us before hand and had not painted yet alone install, we would have refunded him or sent him a brand new free replacement on us, no problem. We have sold many sets to G35 Coupe members on this forum who have been super satisfied with the product. Here are a few pictures of our customers with the same side skirts. Again, we ask anyone who is not satisfied with their products to please contact us and we will either issue you a refund or a free replacement on us. Thank You.
Mitch
This is very true and I happily accepted this no problem with no complaining. I have no problem with the way this was handled. Like I said before Mitch and the guys have been very responsive about this situation.

The purpose of this thread was not to slam your company but to show pics of the fitment of the skirts that I received because people have asked for them.

Your manufacturer must have had similar issues with a handful of your urethane products at the time because you give the same response for the poor fitment of the urethane Nismo front.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
holly crap im glad i bought the real deal!
The side are coming off on Monday. Ordering the real deal from Bulletproof today.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:58 AM
you need to go to a different bodyshop next time. that looks bad.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by abcdefGGGGGG
you need to go to a different bodyshop next time. that looks bad.
Believe me, the guys at my bodyshop are perfectionists and this is AFTER they did a bunch of work to get the sides to fit. They didn't just paint them and throw them on. It's the skirts not the bodyshop.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
its not the shop cause mine looked like that from the inside aswell ...i didnt mind though everything else fit perfect

Old 07-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aorbeta
Believe me, the guys at my bodyshop are perfectionists and this is AFTER they did a bunch of work to get the sides to fit. They didn't just paint them and throw them on. It's the skirts not the bodyshop.
how could your bodyshop even agree to paint those? I mean you have to be blind or retarted not to see those would not have fit. I hope you didn't pay for any of the bodywork at all. Any experienced and honest bodyshop would have told you in the first 10 minutes of test fitting them...that it would not fit let alone look decent.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Chico
how could your bodyshop even agree to paint those? I mean you have to be blind or retarted not to see those would not have fit. I hope you didn't pay for any of the bodywork at all. Any experienced and honest bodyshop would have told you in the first 10 minutes of test fitting them...that it would not fit let alone look decent.
The guys are neither blind or retarded. I had plenty of warning from them that all the parts would not fit correctly. From what I gathered on the forums these parts need extra work to fit correctly. Also I talked to the manufacturer of the product directly and he implied that if my bodyshop couldn't get these parts to fit then I need to find a better shop because the parts are perfect. So I instructed the bodyshop to work with what they had. That's a judgement error on my part. Didn't pay a dime as I drove the car off last weekend.

Last edited by aorbeta; 07-26-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
That fitment is horrible, i was considering the sides and fronts from the same source but not anymore.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 PM
glad I decided to go with the real deal as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replica Ings sides fitment pics