Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Authentic VS Replica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I was the 5th in the US to have the Kenstyle kit; infact, I was the last one they shipped to America split up- right after they change their policy. THAT being said, at the top hype of it all I got my rear bumper for $1500 shipped from Japan... to Cali... to Texas. As said, if you look hard enough you can find the entire kit for around $2,500 [averaging, if you divide that by 4 = $625. But we all know bumpers are more then side skirts so call it $800 - $1000 for bumpers.]

I agree with you... except that statement didn't make any sense. How does it get to you faster because its cheaper?

Topics been beat to death over and over again.... In the end it usually comes out to about the same. Every rule has exceptions. This is just getting to be as bad as the auto vs. manual bs.
It's simple: Replica kits are from my understanding made in the usa & relatively easier & faster to obtain. Since their is a big difference in price, it would take someone more time to save up for a the authentic kit.... Is that clear enough for you?

Old 01-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the pros and cons, facts and opinions. i did'nt start the thread to stir up an argument or anything but I just wnated to see the different opnions of G35 owners who have kitted there cars. It's not BS but everyone is entitled to an opinion and I wanted to hear it from both sides.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the authentic KS kit installed on my 04 coupe & it still had some prep work to be done to get it perfect. What I think is a bigger issue is not if its real or not but the cost of ownership. I bottomed out on a local road due to Con ed's lack of filling holes after they make one stemming from the blackout this past summer in astoria queens. Con Ed is going block to block installing new feeders in the ground & is destroying the road in the process. Sorry about the rant but tying this all together is that I'm basically going on to my thrid authentic KS kit due to it being damaged by road conditions. I think that if it was made of poly or a more forgiving hybird material these bumpers would stand up better. I am so pissed of the whole ordeal & if it happens again, I will put my car back to stock b/c the road conditions are not getting any better.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^^I can so agree with you on that too. I live in Boston and they are doing major construction everywhere including the highways. NSTAR and Keyspan are always digging up the road, not marking raised manhole covers where there isnt enough lighting and before you know "CCRRACCCKK" . I love polyurethane because you usually are able to survive the obstacles of roads, ramps and the city but fiberglass will definately turn you into a Sunday driver.
Back on topic though the cost of replica vs authentic can be such a pain in th @ss especially when having to replace or repair the same problem or part for the same reason which in most of our cases are the same...bad roads .