Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Authentic VS Replica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Post Authentic VS Replica

For quite sometime I have always had some type of bodykit or lip kit on the vehichles I have owned. I've dealt with them all from Stillen, Wings West, Karanami to Eurabuni, VIS and a lot more. Thus enter the G35 (lol). I've seen a few post where some people have different experiences with replica kits ie. some fit and some don't (me personally think that neither replica or authentic is perfect and they both need work when being installed). But I've basically come to this conclusion: You will spend 1700.00+ on an authentic kit and may not be charged as much to prep/paint and install but you will spend 600.00+ on a replica kit that will need a lot of work to fit and will be charged quite a penny so in the end you may or may not end up with a decent kit and superior installation. What do fellow driver memebers think? Post some pics as well and point on some details.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
trust me
authentic is def worth the extra money. im spending more on a replica kit then i would have on an authentic kit.

im payin 1000 for the kit and 1600 in paint and prep for my replica kit.
go here for more details: https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/133044-kenstyle-kit-import-trendz.html
authentic is def worth the wait. and def worth the extra money.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:18 PM
FGC President
when you buy a kit for 600 you are def gettin a kit thats worth 600 maybe and is complete junk. you will spend just as much if not more trying to get the kit to be right.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:28 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's usually true that you get what you pay for. some people get lucky with replicas, but you can't authentic quality. For me, it depends on how much the authentic is compared to the replica. if it's an appreciable difference then the risk may be worth it. Also with bigger pieces such as the front and rear bumper, I'm more inclined to look into authentic.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
if you buy replicas from the right person...you wont have problems

search my threads (with pics)

search g thizzle's threads (with pics)

and yume has posted pics as well

we all have replica kits sold by klumzyee and weve all been very impresesed with the fitment.

my body shop GAVE ME money back because it took them less time/work to fit/prep the skirts than they originally thought.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
if you buy replicas from the right person...you wont have problems

search my threads (with pics)

search g thizzle's threads (with pics)

and yume has posted pics as well

we all have replica kits sold by klumzyee and weve all been very impresesed with the fitment.

my body shop GAVE ME money back because it took them less time/work to fit/prep the skirts than they originally thought.
+1 ^^

Old 01-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned
not all replicas are bad. Take for example Seibon good quality parts at a fraction of the cost. Sure there maybe be some knock-off companies out there who have no quality control, but who's to say you wont get bad fitment with an authentic? Seibon 350z VT hoods fit better then most authentic Veilside hoods...or so I'm told.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
it really depends... I had the authentic TS and it ended up with a gap where the hood and bumper meets (stock hood) now i'm running my replica TS with a Seibon TS hood and everything lines up perfectly..

its just like CarbonLTD said its all in quality control and companies that listen to their customer feed back.. since theres almost no way we can prefit everysingle piece before we send it out we rely on customers to tell us... There are companies that chooses not to listen to that because often times its the shop or someone inexperienced installing the product... but if it is a problem then u have to be willing to make the corrections and fix your mistakes.. i've refunded people 100% and sent then a corrected version before..

anyways it really depends on where you're buying it from..

- Eric

Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
So I think the key is to find a company that has good customer service, and that understands what they sell may not be perfect and willing to ship new parts when this is the case.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:21 PM
It really depends on what kit you get, who makes it, and who you have put it on.

I have an authentic GReddy front and sides, and I am very pleased that they fit so well without any work at all. My rear however is a replica, but I was able to install that on my own, without the need of any help from a bodyshop. The price of an authentic Kenstyle rear would cost 3x the amount of my replica and I would have had to wait months for it. I am very pleased with my decision.

A complete authentic Kenstlye kit will cost you almost $3,000 + shipping. If you got your kit shipped, painted and installed for $2,600, I definately see a huge savings. Paint and shipping on top of $3,000 will put you well over the $4,000 price range.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:16 PM
FGC President
not really msrp on the 4 piece kenstyle kit is 2500, and whole sale is less then that

Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
My view on this is that a replica will get you the kit faster since its cheaper but to get it to look authentic ( fitment,prep work, & paint) on the most part will overall cost as much or more then if you just saved up more cash to get the authentic pieces to begin with.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
To each his own I guess. Everyone has thier own opinion on this matter. Like I said I can get a replica Kenstyle rear for under $300. Mine personally fit like a glove. I don't think spending $8-1000 for the authentic bumper would be worth it to me. I paid less than that for my replica and paint together.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Authentic VS Replica