Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

who has this replica kit? how was the quality of it? mine is poor poor quality. i ordered it from greddy set go, its the same kit as the one klumzyee gets. anyways i ordered it on the 11th and was told that it would take a day or two to get ready and that it would take 5 days to get to tampa from cali. well it just showed up this morning. danny "greddy set go" has been missing and not answering pm's or phone calls for the past two weeks when ive been callin tryin to figure out where my kit was. so if anyone has talked to him tell him i'm still looking for him and waiting for him to return my phone call.

anyways i got to the bodyshop where my car has been sitting since the accident the day before thanksgiving. we go over the kit and what i want changed on the front and stuff. we get to looking at the bumper and here is what we find

FRONT

as you can see there is a nice whole in the left side, the interior lip edge on the right side its not there so the entire edge has to be sanded off. the bottom bar has to come out because on the left side it is in the middle but on the right side it is up a little higher so it angles. also the kit is very thin as you can see in the last picture the thin spots and the light spots. the bodyshop tells me that the front is goin to take atleast 12hours to get the front into the proper condition gettin all the pinholes out, fixing the hole, taking the bars out and fixing them.

REAR

the rear is in better shape but still thin. they said the rear will take about 8 hours of prep work.

SIDES

we didnt look too much at the sides, excpet that i want the badge areas filled in.

i feel i should get some of the money back i paid for it because of the crap quality it has where klumzyee and danny claim its good, the fact that i have been waiting 3 weeks for it when i was told a week, and that danny goes missing when i start asking where it is and not answering phone calls or pm's. i know its the holiday season and that will slow it down some but i should have had it a lot sooner. i run a parts company and sponsor the florida g35 club as well and i dont run and hide from my customers when im having problems getting parts. i know danny has sold to many people on here and have had great experiances, hence why i went with him. i just want to know what happened. but for anyone that is looking for this kit hopefully yours will turn out better. i would send it back and say screw it but i cant take the down time anymore i have to have my car back.

Last edited by SFLG35; 01-24-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That suck D,

At least, I hope the fitment is good.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
damn daniel, sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with the import trenz kit. if it will make you feel better, i am having a similar experience with a replica impul front (also from eric/import trenz). here's the thread that describes some of the details.

i've also gotten tired o getting the "runaround" from the manufacturer, so i decided to "fix" it myself. here's some pics from that:

on a good note, eric has been pretty cool about it, but you could only polish sh*t so much. it's still gonna be sh*t. i must say that i learned my lesson for buying replica. i guess i should feel lucky that the bumper was so cheap (but you get what you pay for).

Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Im in the process of fixing the kenstyle rear myself, the only thing stopping me from sending it back is a missing box and the fact that it has the cf accents.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
yeh the box the bumpers came in they said was shredded on arrival
both bumpers where bubble wraped together with nothing in between them

the sides skirts were still in their box

Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35

anyways i got to the bodyshop where my car has been sitting since the accident the day before thanksgiving. we go over the kit and what i want changed on the front and stuff. we get to looking at the bumper and here is what we find

as you can see there is a nice whole in the left side, the interior lip edge on the right side its not there so the entire edge has to be sanded off. the bottom bar has to come out because on the left side it is in the middle but on the right side it is up a little higher so it angles. also the kit is very thin as you can see in the last picture the thin spots and the light spots. the bodyshop tells me that the front is goin to take atleast 12hours to get the front into the proper condition gettin all the pinholes out, fixing the hole, taking the bars out and fixing them.

[

the rear is in better shape but still thin. they said the rear will take about 8 hours of prep work.

i run a parts company and sponsor the florida g35 club as well and i dont run and hide from my customers when im having problems getting parts.

True that brother....... you let me know exactly what was going on with my NISMO fiasco. Sprry you had sucha problem getting stuff I know exactly how you feel. I'd rather have someone be up front and tell me its going to take 10 weeks than avoid me.

From the pics it doesnt look that bad but i guess its not going to show up in pictures that well. 12 hours of prep work for the front is a lot of time I know with my bumper it only took 1 hour to fit, and 2 hours to sand, prime and paint and it looks damn neer perfect, almost stock looking (little jab at myself). Then on top of that you have another 8 hours for the rear bumper. It must be really screwed up but dont worry im sure it will turn out great. Just bitch all you can and squeeze every dime out of the insurance company you possible can. If that Shizzy isnt perfect i would send it back and have him do it again.

Good luck with everything

Old 01-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry to here about the kit...

Old 01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Wow. I can't imagine a "replica" kit not being as nice as an authentic one. Soooo strange. LOL

Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn man, sorry to hear the bad luck continues. Hopefully the bodyshop can make up for Greddy set go dropping the ball.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Wow. I can't imagine a "replica" kit not being as nice as an authentic one. Soooo strange. LOL
Yeah and they're only going to get worse. It doesnt matter who you get it from because it all comes from the same place!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 PM
_jb
Photographer

Just think about how cool it will look after it's finished and installed...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my kenstyle rear replica looked like **** out the box - that had to go through so much work to make it look good. Id never buy a replica kit every again - but hope all goes well

Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
i dont remember the word replica meaning "crappy quality" so your post has no real relevance.

sorry dan. i know you've been waiting a while for this kit and it sucks since the g is your daily driver. i guess all you can do is be happy you didnt pay for it, but now you have to baby this kit so nothing happens to it.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hey, sorry about your experience with GreddySetGo... you shouldnt have a problem with the rear (Assuming we're all getting the same ones...) Sides should fit very well (I know they get 2 different versions tho.. one has the emblem filled in and the other one is that..) the front may give you some issues tho..

I tell it straight out to the guys that buy the kits.. some pieces are 95% fitment.. =\ although i've screwed up a few times on that it really depends on the shop too..

All my new molds are being made by another manufacture tho..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz