Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

Old 10-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've posted this before but since we have this nice big thread going on here I figure I'll add my two cents. Import Trenz is a ****ty company that makes ****ty products; after prep and fit and paint you will probably break even compared to if you had just bought an authentic Kenstyle.

Also, Greddysetgo is excellent at cutting off all communication once you give him your money. I would not advise anybody order anything from him, because he will be more than happy to charge you and then the moment anything goes wrong (and with the ****ty pieces of plastic Import Trenz passes off as a body kit, trust me you WILL run into problems), he is going to start ignoring you.

My KS rear was shipped in a u-shaped box that contoured exactly to the shape of the bumper. No surprise, it came with four cracks on either side. What company is idiotic enough to do this? Apparently ImportTrenz is. Tried talking to both Import Trenz as well as the vendor (Greddysetgo) and didn't get anywhere. They basically want your money and once they have it, you can go **** off.

Ended up selling the KS rear and Greddy sideskirts to someone else for 1/3 of the price I paid because I didn't want to deal with the issues.

Never ordering from them again, and I always advise people against it as well.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just about every body kit manufacture ships bumpers through an U-shapped box including Infiniti, Nissan, Acura, Ford, etc.. as do i as well with the exception of the NISMO or the TS front bumper.

The "Wavy" problem is recent and only effects kits sent out during the end of september..

Old 10-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I can tell you for a fact that when I ordered my OEM g35 rear bumper from Nissan that it didn't come in a U shaped box. I'm sure you can find people here that have ordered OEM parts from Riverside Infiniti etc. that will back me up on this. And I've also seen Kenstyle kits in their packaging and they certainly were not shipped in a U shaped box either.

Reason being that a company has to be completely retarded to ship something as fragile as fiberglass in a box contoured the shape of the item.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Full kits arnt goign to come in U-shapped box of course.. we recently bought a toyota bumper (celica) and the bumper came in a U shaped box. Recently bought a Infiniti G37 Sport Bumper (from Infiniti Riverside) thats packaged in a U-Shaped box.

why? becuase theres no better way to ship it to the cost. if we use a bigger box then we need ALOT more packaging material.. fiberglass bumper loose flying around inside a giant box is more likely damaged then one in a U-Shaped box. If you order a full kit then everything is warpped up and packaged in a large box (thats still bearly bigger then the items inside).

Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Being that all the bumpers I've ordered that hasn't come in a contoured box have been fine, and the junk Import Trenz sent me had 4 cracks in it (and a search on this forum will tell that this isn't an isolated incident), I'm going to disagree with you. There is no way you are going to convince anyone that a u-shaped box with no room for impact and crunch will protect a bumper better than a regular box.

And obviously a u-shaped box is going to be the most cost effective method of shipping, but is this better for the consumer? No. In fact it's pretty obvious that cost cutting methods usually are bad for the consumer because they do exactly that, cut costs at the expense of the consumer.

We all love our cars here and if given the choice, I'm sure many would choose to pay more to have their parts shipped in a sensible way. But since nobody can get in touch with Import Trenz after they give them their money, it's kind of a moot point anyways.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
U shape box actually cost more (at least the ones i use) and shipping price is the same as a regular box... box size is measured by width, height, and length (and weight) at the longest point so cost is the same.. we have giant "fridge size" box here as well but only use on poly urethane products or shipping full kits.. believe me fiberglass damanges alot more in a bigger box..

Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
just about every body kit manufacture ships bumpers through an U-shapped box including Infiniti, Nissan, Acura, Ford, etc..
that's not true stop making things up man... thats not cool.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 PM
U shape box actually cost more (at least the ones i use) and shipping price is the same as a regular box... box size is measured by width, height, and length (and weight) at the longest point so cost is the same.. we have giant "fridge size" box here as well but only use on poly urethane products or shipping full kits.. believe me fiberglass damanges alot more in a bigger box..

again not true... i have dealt with packaging numerous body kits as with the custome service end of the business. the fact of the matter is.. yes if you just throw the bumpers into a box all loose and the items get damaged the shipping companies may or may not reject the damage claim due to insufficient packaging this is for most major shipping companies ( viking/ ups/ overnite/ yellow....) if you ship the package in a U shaped box, you are more likely to lose the claim as those boxes do not have the structural integrity that a normal body kit box has. the propper way to ship the kit is to individually wrap all the pieces of the kit, place them in the box and fill the voids in the box(usually the bottom corners of the box with packing material.

it is rather funny that you will ship the urethane products in a body kit box but not the fiberglass.. since urethane is very unlikely to break during shipping, why would you put more emphasis on packaging the urethane? of my 10 years in the business, i have yet to see a urethane kit damaged due to shipping...

Old 10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
just about every body kit manufacture ships bumpers through an U-shapped box including Infiniti, Nissan, Acura, Ford, etc.. as do i as well with the exception of the NISMO or the TS front bumper.

The "Wavy" problem is recent and only effects kits sent out during the end of september..
yup. mine came the same way too with no problems

Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by savefatkids
yup. mine came the same way too with no problems
are you saying that klumazy shipped you a kit in a u shaped box and it was fine?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by wickedik
are you saying that klumazy shipped you a kit in a u shaped box and it was fine?
yes. not even a scratch on it

Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by savefatkids
yes. not even a scratch on it

WelL considerIng you Are in the 626 which is right down the street from klumzee i say you are BSing us. If i weRe that close to them there would have been no reason for the kit to be shipped.Even I picked my kit up from them and i came from further than you. IMO both you and klumzee are not very honest... too bad...

Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
that's not true stop making things up man... thats not cool.
funny I wonder where this box came from

Must be a fake if Infiniti didnt use U-Shapped boxes..

again not true... i have dealt with packaging numerous body kits as with the custome service end of the business. the fact of the matter is.. yes if you just throw the bumpers into a box all loose and the items get damaged the shipping companies may or may not reject the damage claim due to insufficient packaging this is for most major shipping companies ( viking/ ups/ overnite/ yellow....) if you ship the package in a U shaped box, you are more likely to lose the claim as those boxes do not have the structural integrity that a normal body kit box has. the propper way to ship the kit is to individually wrap all the pieces of the kit, place them in the box and fill the voids in the box(usually the bottom corners of the box with packing material.

it is rather funny that you will ship the urethane products in a body kit box but not the fiberglass.. since urethane is very unlikely to break during shipping, why would you put more emphasis on packaging the urethane? of my 10 years in the business, i have yet to see a urethane kit damaged due to shipping...
10 years of business where? hmm. Our authentic Kenstyle Kit (from Japan) came in a big box an all the pieces were packaged inside? If you can find a boxing company that makes custom U-shapped boxes cheaper then regular boxes please make it public so all the local so-cal body kit vendors can reduce costs. Through out my experience in this business - with other vendors as well. I've never had an issue getting a claim paid through ANY shipping companies because of our packaging. So according to UPS, Fed-Ex, BAX, and hundreds of customers who recieved their packages undamaged we're shipping these fiberglass pieces just fine.

WelL considerIng you Are in the 626 which is right down the street from klumzee i say you are BSing us. If i weRe that close to them there would have been no reason for the kit to be shipped.Even I picked my kit up from them and i came from further than you. IMO both you and klumzee are not very honest... too bad...
Yes he's local but that doesnt take away the fact that his package was shipped? O.o

Old 10-10-2007, 03:51 PM
couldnt find a car to fit the box in

Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
my point abuot the you making stuff up was about your first statement "just about every body kit manufacture ships bumpers through an U-shapped box".. infiniti, honda toyota are not body kit manufacturers. show me the u shaped boxes in these pictures from ACTUAL body kit manufacturers...

or..
http:///www.aitracing.com/shop/index..._page=about_us

I think we can all agree that shipping a fiberglass body kit is rather diggerent than shipping an oem plactic piece. Inter-dealership shipping of products also does not go through the same abuse that the freight companies put the boxes through.

We can all also agree that the u shaped boxes you are using are 1 not the same as the ones infiniti uses and 2 that u shaped boxes have less structural intregity than regular boxes. I also agree that u shaped boxes would cost more than regular kit boxes becuase of the labor needed to make/ customize them, Body kit boxes cost less than 10 bucks currently. So why even do it? I see no advantages in making u shaped boxes other than to be cheaper on shipping. i understand you are trying to stay within the dimensional weight limits that the shipping companies set but realistically, dont be cheap. Properly package your products and make your customers happy. Or dont and we'll see how far your company gets. i also noticed you call yourself surface mods inc. are you an actual corporation or did you just add the INC. to sound like an actual business?

as far as the fat kids' kit being shipped to him that is BS. provide us with the tracking/pro number and ill reconsider, but for now you both are full of it.

Last edited by wickedik; 10-10-2007 at 06:23 PM.