Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No more smoked tails....pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you guys think it would look good if i had a carbon fiber gtr overlay? or would that be too much?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:00 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by papiloco21
smoke went with your color scheme better
yup i agree. now you got one too many colors. I would of just stuck with black and white. Glad i got to see your car on thursday in chino hills b4 you took them off. i'm a bit curious to see what it looks like in person now.

btw...your trunk looks better in person than i thought it would.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no no no, red is better.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:41 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Originally Posted by JdM_G35
Do you guys think it would look good if i had a carbon fiber gtr overlay? or would that be too much?

too much.......get one shade of bats, i think it will look perfect

Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by papiloco21
smoke went with your color scheme better

+1111111111111111111

Old 01-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Try it out. I can give youn a good deal for some pics .

Bat™

Old 01-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
ummm no way...now it doesnt flow at all...smoke them out again.

-sean

Old 01-28-2007, 11:59 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
ummm no way...now it doesnt flow at all...smoke them out again.

-sean
i agree

Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks HOT at night. But I don't think it would look good during the day.

Either way, i think your car look good!

Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by LIUser
smoked looked better IMO, i liked the black white contrast, the red just adds one more color.

oh well, at least ur happy!!!
+1!!!!!!! now its got 3 shades in the bak..not guud!

Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks sweet. Im surprised you didn't paint the rear crossbeam black. I guess the mesh covered it up pretty good?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah i like the smoked look..

Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Aesthetically the car looks very awkward. You have Carbon Fiber, White, Red, tips that stick out sideways(and far out as well) like you see on modified pickup trucks, and no mesh grills on either side of the bumper to hide the true 'bumpers' that help protect you in an accident.

It is like you are trying to do too many things at once.

Have you considered painting the ENTIRE rear bumper? I think that would go a loooong way towards cleaning up the look of the car. Straighten out the tips and the car will look fantastic.

You can only have so many angles and colors on the rear of the car before it starts looking like a Picasso.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Aesthetically the car looks very awkward. You have Carbon Fiber, White, Red, tips that stick out sideways(and far out as well) like you see on modified pickup trucks, and no mesh grills on either side of the bumper to hide the true 'bumpers' that help protect you in an accident.

It is like you are trying to do too many things at once.

Have you considered painting the ENTIRE rear bumper? I think that would go a loooong way towards cleaning up the look of the car. Straighten out the tips and the car will look fantastic.

You can only have so many angles and colors on the rear of the car before it starts looking like a Picasso.

what in gods name are u talking about man? first of all there is mesh on both side of that rear bumper. second of all i like that my exhaust sits sideways, thats the point boss. 3rd its down right dumb to paint carbon fiber, especially if you're going for that look so i would not paint the whole rear bumper...4th i like how the car looks now, all u guys see is an upclose pic of the red tails, u dont see the complete picture which to me still looks good.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM
what in gods name are u talking about man? first of all there is mesh on both side of that rear bumper.
Well it must be really really thin because you can still see clearly the 'bumpers' on the vehicle. Sorry, but anytime you can see those I think it looks cheap. What you see is up to you.

second of all i like that my exhaust sits sideways, thats the point boss.
Obviously you meant it to look that way. Your opinion is that it looks good, my opinion is that it looks very much like the exhausts you see on modified pickups. Difference of opinion, boss.

Ask anyone in design and they will tell you that a setup like yours visually detracts from the flow of the design that is already present. Ask yourself why you are one of the only G35's(or any two door sportscar for that matter) with an exhaust that points outward. The answer is that it looks awkward and screams that it has more rice than a sushi roll.

3rd its down right dumb to paint carbon fiber, especially if you're going for that look so i would not paint the whole rear bumper
Ok, so your rear bumber is carbon fiber. You stated it is dumb to paint carbon fiber, yet you have painted some of it? Tell me how your logic holds, lol

Also, carbon fiber and kevlar panels are painted all of the time. Look all the way back to the Ferrari F40 up to modern exotics that are made from Carbon Fiber. In fact, the only one out of all of the modern cars that I have seen in raw carbon fiber is a Pagani Zonda, of which only 1 or 2 of the production are like this. But, whatever.

I personally think raw carbon fiber can look good, I am just pointing out your odd logic.
...4th i like how the car looks now, all u guys see is an upclose pic of the red tails, u dont see the complete picture which to me still looks good.
Actually, I still thought it looked odd with the overlays. But it definitely looked 'cleaner' since it had less conflicting color contrast.

Now, I will be the first to congratulate you on the fact that you love the way your car looks. You are the one who drives it, so if your way gives you pleasure, more power to you! Right?

It is all in the eye of the beholder. A comparisson would be that, TO ME, it makes about as much sense as wearing a red polka dot tie with a brown suit, white belt, black shirt, and gold chains. But hey, it is LAMBO WHITE*!

*I couldn't resist, it is a joke

Enjoy your ride. Please post a pic of the whole car if you have one, maybe it does in fact look better as a whole.

Again, just an opinion, take it with a grain of salt and enjoy the **** out of your car, even if it is a little Picasso-esque

Last edited by ScapGF; 02-06-2007 at 05:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No more smoked tails....pics