Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any pointers for the Nismo/Aero bumper install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Any pointers for the Nismo/Aero bumper install?

I'm going to install my Nismo/Aero bumper this weekend and I've got the FSM. Does anyone have any pointers or things to be aware off when installing the bumper? I've done a search, but I didn't turn up much.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave! you got it! how was the shipping? gotta take pics once its up!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dave - you plan on just doing the front at this time? I've been contemplating the same, but wasn't sure how it would look by itself.

BTW - where did you get the FSM?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by r15k
Dave! you got it! how was the shipping? gotta take pics once its up!
The bumper arrived with no damage which is shocking since UPS was the shipper. Tony repackages all the bumpers prior to shippment because the Nissan box is flimsy. His extra precaution makes for peace of mind on both sides. I will take before and after pics. Since I have black, the change won't be as visually striking especially when photographed (black is hard to photograph). I'm excited though because I've wanted this bumper since I got my car 2.5 years ago and the OEM bumper is an eye sore.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's really pretty easy if you follow the instructions . The hardest part is getting the bolts that go into the bottom of the fenders. I took off my fender liners and used a long extension to get at them from the bottom.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Philly_G35
It's really pretty easy if you follow the instructions . The hardest part is getting the bolts that go into the bottom of the fenders. I took off my fender liners and used a long extension to get at them from the bottom.
Thanks. I've got lots of tools so hopefully this won't be much of a hang up.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't know about the other guy on here but when I took off my non aero bumper and replaced it with the aero it did not want to fit in perfectly. Sort of like something was blocking it from being pushed in. So it turns out that it was an extra piece of metal on the metal bumper gaurd on the car. I took both those addition metal things off and then the bumper would go on. If you have this problem when you install the bumper you will know what metal things I'm talking about.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by dunglan7
I don't know about the other guy on here but when I took off my non aero bumper and replaced it with the aero it did not want to fit in perfectly. Sort of like something was blocking it from being pushed in. So it turns out that it was an extra piece of metal on the metal bumper gaurd on the car. I took both those addition metal things off and then the bumper would go on. If you have this problem when you install the bumper you will know what metal things I'm talking about.
I remember reading about this before and was the main reason I posted this. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
you dirty dog!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dunglan7
In the instructions I had it said to remove the pieces from the bumper so I didn't run into any problems.

You will also need a Pop Rivet Gun. I am sure you probably saw this in the FSM, but it is not a tool too many people have.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
here is what mental notes I had when i did the install to be made aware of

1. drill out the center of the 2 cluminum pieces thats riveted onto the bumper support, they come right off (mentioned already)
2. You dont need rivet gun, you can just go to local home depot to buy short nut and bolt for 99 cents and they work just fine. (this is for the sidemarker housing thats going to be reused and put onto the nismo bumper)
*****3. Cover both fenders or have someone help you so each can hold one side! This is the most important because those sidemarker housings will scratch up your fenders BAD if not careful!*****

Good luck dave, its gonna look great and dont forget to stare at your car for a minimum of 10 minutes after install

Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
damn a rivet gun?! I definitely don't have that. Is there another means to installing it w/o?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on the taping the fenders! Make sure you tape a good portion of it...if you don't, those brackets will scratch it!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Richie - Don't you drive a coupe?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Approx. # of hrs. for install for a beginner = _______ ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any pointers for the Nismo/Aero bumper install?