Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

which lambo doors to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which lambo doors to get?

Im wanting to get some lambo doors for my 04 g35

so far, ive found these, but i was hoping someone would have some experience either past or present with either one... or have a better recommendation

Vertical Doors bolt-on
Wing Doors bolt-on Mark II

both run for $1500

thanks!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
nice, thanks! pretty good price compared to bolt-ons...

how much should i expect to pay for installation from a body shop? that way i know when to stop looking if they give me a good estimate

Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
IMO don't do it. These look good on Lambo's. I think the scene is flooded with these doors . I think they look wired on anything else. just my .02

Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
you should get NO lambo doors on your G... they dont belong on a G, its not a Lambo... or a civic... haha!
-GP-

Old 06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
you should get NO lambo doors on your G... they dont belong on a G, its not a Lambo... or a civic... haha!
-GP-
Listen to GP!!!!

dooooon't do it!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
awww, but im looking to up the looks of my g35, and i havent seen anyone in my area with lambo doors really, so i wanted to stand out..

i thought of body kits but they get pretty expensive.. i can get the gt factory hinges for $500, so i figure thats a pretty damn good price off the msrp of 1000..

im getting max tints for state of MD.. only 35 ... same day im picking up my car (just purchased)

spoiler comming next, then was hopin for lambos

Old 06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
*upping* the looks of your g35 is purely subjective and your choice. we're only here to offer our opinions.

here is mine: from the look for your signature, you are otherwise stock. lambo doors would be a silly mod to do with what you have (or don't for that matter). overall, lambo doors are looked down upon by most car enthusiasts - that is, unless they are on a lambo. however, if your goal is to impress the general public and get a lot of attention, such as "ooo's and ahhh's" from people who don't know anything...by all means...get them.

not to mention these things are a PITA for daily drivers. they may look cool (to some people), but you will quickly learn that they are a huge hassle. they're not the magical ones that open by themselves. you have to open the door a little and push the door up yourself. in addition, people think that they can park in tighter spaces if they have lambo doors, since they won't have to swing the door wide open. this is also another false assumption.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity

not to mention these things are a PITA for daily drivers. they may look cool (to some people), but you will quickly learn that they are a huge hassle. they're not the magical ones that open by themselves.
You can say the same for people with dropped car or other high maintenance mods. Your car is dropped but you learned to live with the hassle of driving certain way out of or into a driveway, right? You can live with that because it just looks better dropped. At the end of the day it's still your car so do what YOU think looks good.

I had a GT Factory kit on my car and I can assure you that it was easier to get in and out of my car in a tight parking space. Sure, you have to open the door out first but it's definitely not as wide as normal doors. Not to mention when you have to put big items in your car, it's just so much easier with the doors up and out of the way.

Having said that, I removed mine already and the only regret was that I didn't go to GT Factory themselves for the installation. If I had the money I would do it all over again. Chizeld had his done at GT Factory and he can vouch for the quality of the product and the installation.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 AM
very good points

and everything is stock because.. well.. i just bought it a few days ago and havent even picked it up yet hahah

i guess you can say im very vain, but i cant help it sometimes.. im not much for racing or burning tires or getting a 10sec car... just want to show it off because its my first real car (just graduated) and i know i wont have one like this once i get married lol

im not in CA, so im going to have a local body shop install it, which im very skeptical about, but i am going to ask a few friends who love to mod cars for advice on a place to go to

i definately understand many opinions and why it would be looked down upon, but im not in the area where people mod much anyways

Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by jd2k1
You can say the same for people with dropped car or other high maintenance mods. Your car is dropped but you learned to live with the hassle of driving certain way out of or into a driveway, right? You can live with that because it just looks better dropped. At the end of the day it's still your car so do what YOU think looks good.
yeh, i already said that it's his car so he should do what he wants. for me, it's not the biggest hassle in the world being dropped because the roads i drive on are fairly smooth. if there were potholes every 100ft, you bet your **** i would've thought twice before dropping my car.

Originally Posted by vtb11
very good points

and everything is stock because.. well.. i just bought it a few days ago and havent even picked it up yet hahah

i guess you can say im very vain, but i cant help it sometimes.. im not much for racing or burning tires or getting a 10sec car... just want to show it off because its my first real car (just graduated) and i know i wont have one like this once i get married lol

im not in CA, so im going to have a local body shop install it, which im very skeptical about, but i am going to ask a few friends who love to mod cars for advice on a place to go to

i definately understand many opinions and why it would be looked down upon, but im not in the area where people mod much anyways
i can respect that, bro. we all want head-turners. different strokes for different folks, man. like i said before, you're going to get a lot of opinions from this forum - and you won't like them all. but at the end of the day, you're the one who has to live with the car and if you want the lambo doors, more power to yah!

Last edited by Calvin; 06-11-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
JT EVO Doors

Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont think lambo's look good on a g35, they look nice on the 350z but for some reason seems off on the g35c =0/

my 2 cents

Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I cant help but think Lambo doors would all wrong. Its your money so do what makes you happy but ....

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/161619-what-world.html

....maybe you should look into getting one of those.

Otherwise, I'd start somewhere else like using that money for a very nice set of rims or drop a kick-*** audio system in there. It really seems silly to me to have a stock looking car and the go ".... but wait, check out my lambo doors." If anything it would seem more as a finisher piece (if you like that look) after you got the rest of your ride done.

Congratulations on graduating and getting the car. As for getting Lambo doors? Do it right, my friend. Save the money and get a Lambo to begin with or get an Integra and modify the crap out of it. Dont wreck a "G" by making it something its not

Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
invest the money on upgrading your headlights if you want something that stands out

maybe a performance mod

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which lambo doors to get?