Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

HELPP!! LED Side Marker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELPP!! LED Side Marker

ok so i followed the easy and cheap LED side Marker mod that was posted on here and i made my own LED side Marker lights. i followed the instructions exactly except one thing...i have no clue where to get a LED Holder to plug in the wire.

so since i couldnt find one...i decided to just connect the wire directly without the holder.

i made the whole thing and connected the right sidemarker...perfect it looked great and everything was working fine

i connect the left side....my clearance lights, side markers, license plates, and the lights on my radio and AC control all go out.

so i find out that it was a blown fuse behind the battery. replaced the fuse and i redo the wiring on the LED lights to make sure nothing is wrong...i connect them again..and the same thing happens...

someone pleaseeeeeee help me..what is causing the fuse to blow everytime i connect the second LED?? do i relly need the LED holder? do the LED llights require too much power? someone help please i cant think of anything else to try

Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
by the way i tried asking this in the original DIY for the LED lights and no one responded

here is the original thread

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...cheap+LED+side

Last edited by jayizratedx; 06-13-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LED's definitely do not require more power than the stock bulbs. My guess is that whatever wire you are using for power (+12V) is either hitting the ground wire or some bare metal somewhere down by your wheel well causing it to short out and blow the fuse. Make double sure your power and ground wires are as far apart as possible.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks ill rewire the left marker and see if theres any diffrence...this sucks cuz im all out of replacement fuses so im gonan have to go get those at the store...

any recommendation on the best way to connect the wire to the socket?

i relly want this dam thing to just work already i spent a few hours just breaking apart the dam clear corners and getting the dam LEDs to fit in there. this mod has been a real pain in the ***

Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by MidnightG35X
LED's definitely do not require more power than the stock bulbs. My guess is that whatever wire you are using for power (+12V) is either hitting the ground wire or some bare metal somewhere down by your wheel well causing it to short out and blow the fuse. Make double sure your power and ground wires are as far apart as possible.

+1

Sounds like something is either wired wrong and/or is shorting to ground.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by jayizratedx
thanks ill rewire the left marker and see if theres any diffrence...this sucks cuz im all out of replacement fuses so im gonan have to go get those at the store...

any recommendation on the best way to connect the wire to the socket?

i relly want this dam thing to just work already i spent a few hours just breaking apart the dam clear corners and getting the dam LEDs to fit in there. this mod has been a real pain in the ***
I soldered mine in making sure to leave as little wire exposed as possible. No problems so far. You've only spent a couple hours? I think the the first time I did mine it took close to 10 from start to finish on mine. Mine wasn't the quick and dirty version though

Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
i fixed it!!!

i had to redo the whole thing there was something contacting causing a short circuit

well...it only took me a few hours...id say about 2...and id say it looks pretty good.

ill put up some pics later on since thats the last of the small mods i gotta do.

next up some rims and my tints ...

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 AM
sorry for bad diy
Actually you guys don't really need LED holder..
connect wires directly would be better idea.So you can secure it from water..
I don't have any problem so far though..
jayizratedx..I wanna see how yours came out..
hope you like it

Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear you got it fixed!