Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Looking for custom pinstriping pics (want black on my DG)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for custom pinstriping pics (want black on my DG)

"want black on my DG" doesn't sound right....

Anyway, I have a DG coupe, and was thinking about a very thin black pinstripe or two. Anyone have any similar pics for ideas? I'm not going to do anything ricey, it has to be classy and barely noticeable. But, your pics can be whatever

Old 07-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know this is a sedan but you can see where i went with my scheme with my 3 stage silver with blue fading stripe which was broken up and had a mini tracer line

ill have to get btr pix when i get home from work, but imo the blue fading line came out very nice and got alot of compliments on it

but note i painted whole car a silver with blue flakes in it with the blue fading line under the silver and wet sanding whole car flat with no orange peel

Joe

btw: i feel a dif shade of silver/grey would look hot on a dg coupe as well looking very clean.. dont get be wrg blk would look good also, just matters what style you going for, you want the line to be bam in your face or suttle

Attached Thumbnails Looking for custom pinstriping pics (want black on my DG)-l_dfc8e6ba2bf5a6185bc195d1cf0c3b86.jpg   Looking for custom pinstriping pics (want black on my DG)-986231244_l.jpg  

Last edited by Scootch; 07-27-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at: different shades of grey/black/white. Probably just a darker grey fine pinstripe down the side.

My dad is an antique car guy, former president of one of the east coast organizations. He knows a lot of painters and pinstripers, and I figured for $50-$100, why not?

Last edited by Paniller; 07-30-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Paniller
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at: different shades of grey/black/white. Probably just a darker grey fine pinstripe down the side.

My dark is an antique car guy, former president of one of the east coast organizations. He knows a lot of painters and pinstripers, and I figured for $50-$100, why not?

exactly, well good luck with your decision man, once you end yup getting it done post up some pix for all to see

Joe

Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
lol, I meant "my dad," not "my dark."

I'm trying to decide now, maybe I'll ask my dad's friend for some design ideas. What do you guys think? A lighter grey, or darker?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Paniller
lol, I meant "my dad," not "my dark."

I'm trying to decide now, maybe I'll ask my dad's friend for some design ideas. What do you guys think? A lighter grey, or darker?
well like i was saying before...

lighter grey = suttle look

darker grey = first thing you see on car

it really depends on which way your doing up your ride, like i mean if your going for the bling bling effect by all means go with the darker shade grey, but if your going for a more classy, suttler look then go with the lighter shade of grey

if you have any pix of your car, post them up so i can see what you have done thus far, like wheels, tint, etc....

anyone else out there want to give there input

well either way you go, i tihnk you will be fine

Joe

Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 PM
if you have any pix of your car, post them up so i can see what you have done thus far, like wheels, tint, etc....
Picture a stock DG coupe with the 19/aero. Take 47 seconds and replace the front side markers with clear corners. Voila! That's my car.

Nothing fancy now, just the clear corners and probably tint this weekend. Maybe a set of smaller black wheels with snow tires for the winter. Maybe a different bumper in a few years, instead of having to repaint this one from NJ road debris. That's about it. Stock now though, the wheels are bumper are unlikely.

I'm still an American muscle car guy, but I love this car. I got it as a DD that I wouldn't mod the crap out of. I'd never do anything that I'd even remotely consider ricey. Probably just tint and those little clear corners, until the warranty expires and I strap a supercharger on this bitch. And maybe the bumper and wheels if I NEED to anyway....you know how the mod bug works.