Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
any pics of the completed sedan one yet?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any pic of the coupe with CF yet?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by DJE44
Ask and ye shall receive.

First of all, thanks to Andy (BlueBat) for correcting the issue I had earlier when the wrong size overlays were mailed out (see my post on the previous page). I talked to him on the phone and he straightened everything out - it was a bad batch that was cut. Real cool cat.

Next, some of you may have seen the other overlays I did (the rear valence and taillights). This job is much more tricky because of the sheer size of the overlay. Two people are necessary.

If you are familiar with tinting, it's a relative breeze. Make sure you drench both the roof and the peeled overlay with soapy water (I always use dish liquid) immediately after separating it from the white backing. Work with the rear piece first, as the seam should be below the front. Slide it into place, then remove the liquid underneath the overlay with a credit card. Use a heat gun on low power (or hairdryer) to dry it up, then trim the surroundings with a straight edge razor blade. Move on to the front piece.

Most importantly, be patient. Expect this to take an entire evening. If you rush it, it's going to look awful.

Any questions, I'll be glad to answer you.

Some finished photos:

More photos here on my page.
Damn that looks hot Drew! Nicely done . How about some higher shots looking down?

Bat™

Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
ouch, swirl marks already?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by edindaclub
Faux CF FTL

Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by edindaclub
No ones ordered that finish yet.

Bat™

Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
more pics:

Bat™

Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
ouch, swirl marks already?
+1...my roof has a couple of spider webs...but nothing as bad as your overlay.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Geee Man
^You enjoy criticizing don't you?

Has anyone posted close up pics of the seam yet.......Im sure its been asked about 100 times.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by filanj
And you can probably take the lack of response to the 100 other inquiries as it is pretty damn apparant up close. That is the problem with overlays. From a distance and in pictures they look great, but up close you say
I like Bat's overlays, and I even have some on my car, but IMO this idea was doomed from the beginning once we found out it wasn't going to be a single piece

Old 10-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Geee Man
haha ya it sucks too cuz its $68 and deal with a small seam only I will notice or $300....

No offense at all to bat I think your products are great but one piece would be even better!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Goonar
^You enjoy criticizing don't you?

Has anyone posted close up pics of the seam yet.......Im sure its been asked about 100 times.
I accept criticism. I'm one of the biggest picture ****** on this forum and people have pointed out the imperfections on my car on several occasions. As long as the person criticizing my car as a legitimate reason for it, then I can accept it, and in most cases agree.

You can't post pictures on a forum and expect everyone to like what you've done/compliment you to boost your ego/not say something about the most obvious imperfections. The purpose of posting pictures, for most people, is to share their mods and get feedback.

With that said, this overlay is a good idea for those that don't wanna spend $300 or want something so permanent. And having that said, those people can't expect to have the same shine/reflection of a painted roof top.

And don't get me wrong, either. I love Bat's overlays. I have the eyelid, rear valence, and door handle overlays on my car. I love them all! My car would not be what it is without those subtle, yet great, mods.

Originally Posted by Goonar
haha ya it sucks too cuz its $68 and deal with a small seam only I will notice or $300....

No offense at all to bat I think your products are great but one piece would be even better!
I don't know about you, but when it comes to my car...I matter the most. If I know that seam is there...it'll bug the hell out of me. I could care less about what others see/think...well, that's a lie. But I care more about what I see/like.

Everyone, including Bat, knows that one piece would have been better. The fact of the matter is that the vinyl used for this simply does not come that big.

Last edited by Calvin; 10-10-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Everyone, including Bat, knows that one piece would have been better. The fact of the matter is that the vinyl used for this simply does not come that big.
But it does, its just not cost effective, A 07 G35 sedan had it done before with a single piece

Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Geee Man
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
I accept criticism. I'm one of the biggest picture ****** on this forum and people have pointed out the imperfections on my car on several occasions. As long as the person criticizing my car as a legitimate reason for it, then I can accept it, and in most cases agree.

You can't post pictures on a forum and expect everyone to like what you've done/compliment you to boost your ego/not say something about the most obvious imperfections. The purpose of posting pictures, for most people, is to share their mods and get feedback.

With that said, this overlay is a good idea for those that don't wanna spend $300 or want something so permanent. And having that said, those people can't expect to have the same shine/reflection of a painted roof top.

And don't get me wrong, either. I love Bat's overlays. I have the eyelid, rear valence, and door handle overlays on my car. I love them all! My car would not be what it is without those subtle, yet great, mods.
Didn't need your lecture on the purpose of posting pictures thanks. My apologies for getting the wrong impression from your posts. I always read your posts as a way to insult or put down. I was wrong.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to my car...I matter the most. If I know that seam is there...it'll bug the hell out of me. I could care less about what others see/think...well, that's a lie. But I care more about what I see/like.

Ya I read the thread and know that Bat can't get a vinyl that is one piece of this size. Thats why I'm deciding what to do because I know that seam will annoy the hell out of me. I care what people think of my car but in the end I'm the one driving it and I chose my car and my mods for my own gratitude.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by redlude97
But it does, its just not cost effective, A 07 G35 sedan had it done before with a single piece
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/g35003-2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/g35007-1.jpg
My fault, I was mistaken. When I last spoke with Bat about this in person, he told me he couldn't get his hands on vinyls this large.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally! Bats Roof Overlay for the Coupe(PICS)!