Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Make a custom Carbon Fiber/Rubber splitter for your AfterMarket bumpers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
^ yea no problem Def, reason I updated is because some interest recently was shown in doing this so I updated. Otherwise I wudda left the thread dead, haha..

damn Markcel, now I remember why my first choice for a bumper was the KurumaZ... so niceeeee... good work man, looks good!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice, i went to homedepot but they where all sold out. i guess its popular.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Good deal, i just did mine on my OEM bumper for my '04 coupe it turned out well except that the bumper is not flat all the way around, it kinda goes up a little bit on the very front...but it's all good. I'll post pix. I added a few screws here and there along with the 3M. I'll post pix tonite. I also installed a replica of the Impul spoiler I think i had a little too much 3M on my hands.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chonmoreno
Good deal, i just did mine on my OEM bumper for my '04 coupe it turned out well except that the bumper is not flat all the way around, it kinda goes up a little bit on the very front...but it's all good. I'll post pix. I added a few screws here and there along with the 3M. I'll post pix tonite. I also installed a replica of the Impul spoiler I think i had a little too much 3M on my hands.
I am curious what this would look like on a OEM bumper with OEM front lip. Anybody done this and have some pics?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
yes same here would like to see that

Old 04-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Well here it goes.... the bumper is not even all the way so it makes the lip a little bit "crooked" but it's hard to tell.
Name:  P3310031.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  31.6 KB
Name:  P3310032.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  52.1 KB
Name:  P3310035.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  44.8 KB
Name:  P3310043.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  28.1 KB
I like it over all, thats what u get for $15 hehe. Although i could have done a better job hiding the 3M but from the distance is hard to see. Like some one previously mentioned you should try to find a black one instead of the gray one.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 AM
^ niceee, yea I couldnt find the black tape either so I used the gray.... it's pretty sticky stuff eh, remember when you plan on taking it off, either get a blow dryer or heat gun. I'm about to put a fresh new strip on next week.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think this mod has just gone into the realm of ricerness. I remember civic/prelude guys doing this back in the day on their OEM bumpers and what not

Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
^ How's protecting your aftermarket front bumper, which after paint is usually a $1000+ dollar investment ricer in any way ? this is something that works really well and it just happens to be on the cheap side, and cheap doesn't always equal rice like most may think.
I've gone through snowstorms, and many a scrapes with this strip and it's saved my bumper from some major rashes, the type of rashes you can't just sand and paint over.

the fact that you and your buddies used to do this to your Preludes/Civics is what fools you thinking the strip is rice, because 80% of the mods available for those cars back in the day were rice, that was the order of the day. RICE equals to something that has no effect on the vehicle whatsoever, or something cheap and quickly done, aside from a visual standpoint, something like a sticker, or a hugeeee wing that doesnt work under 150mph.. and that's rice, rice isn't something that actually works very well for what you've intended it for when you put it on your vehicle. In the case of this strip, it works very well and it just happens to be cheap.

Last edited by Adon; 04-01-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
^ How's protecting your aftermarket front bumper, which after paint is usually a $1000+ dollar investment ricer in any way ? this is something that works really well and it just happens to be on the cheap side, and cheap doesn't always equal rice like most may think.
I've gone through snowstorms, and many a scrapes with this strip and it's saved my bumper from some major rashes, the type of rashes you can't just sand and paint over.

the fact that you and your buddies used to do this to your Preludes/Civics is what fools you thinking the strip is rice, because 80% of the mods available for those cars back in the day were rice, that was the order of the day. RICE equals to something that has no effect on the vehicle whatsoever, or something cheap and quickly done, aside from a visual standpoint, something like a sticker, or a hugeeee wing that doesnt work under 150mph.. and that's rice, rice isn't something that actually works very well for what you've intended it for when you put it on your vehicle. In the case of this strip, it works very well and it just happens to be cheap.

I think you did the community a favor by posting this. You could have been a money hungry a-hole by buying this stuff & repackaging it for over 100 bucks. People would have lined up & paid that much for it. But instead you shared this with everyone else. Some people need to wear a diaper around their mouth with all the diarrhea they spew. props to you & I will be doing this to my KS bumper in the future.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You said it yourself
I agree when done properly it looks clean, price has nothing to doe with it. Its when people start tacking these things onto every bodykit(including OEM) out there and end up with gaps/double sided tape showing/wavyness/uneveness then it becomes ricerish. Notice how I said this mod has just NOW gone into the realm of ricerness, I didn't post initially because it looked good on the first few cars, especially the nismo bumpers(aside from the fact that it made it even lower compared to the stock sideskirts that were too low for the nismo in the first place)

Old 04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
^
yea on the Nismo bumpers it's a perfect fit if you touch along the front edge of the bottom of the bumper you'll find that there is a perfect width along it that is completely flat, it's like the strip was made to fit on the Nismo. I was surprised, but at the same time now I'm dreading having to take it off because the 3m tape. I got my heat gun handy though, lol

Dubs, repacking it and selling it! lol, you mean like CustomAutoMesh.... I'm bout to bust their whole Mesh scheme in a new thread I'm bout to make. I already posted last month on the 350z forums, i'm bout to do so here on driver as well..

Last edited by Adon; 04-01-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
^
yea on the Nismo bumpers it's a perfect fit if you touch along the front edge of the bottom of the bumper you'll find that there is a perfect width along it that is completely flat, it's like the strip was made to fit on the Nismo. I was surprised, but at the same time now I'm dreading having to take it off because the 3m tape. I got my heat gun handy though, lol

Dubs, repacking it and selling it! lol, you mean like CustomAutoMesh.... I'm bout to bust their whole Mesh scheme in a new thread I'm bout to make. I already posted last month on the 350z forums, i'm bout to do so here on driver as well..
lol.. just read it on my350z. I'll leave it up to you when you create the thread yourself. Good find; Now I have two items I need to pick up from home depot.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
^ and don't forget the heavy duty garbage bags they always got on sale right by the exit.... You rarely ever need'em since you got like 4 boxes at home, but it's too damn good of a deal to walk out on! lol

Old 04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
You said it yourself
I agree when done properly it looks clean, price has nothing to doe with it. Its when people start tacking these things onto every bodykit(including OEM) out there and end up with gaps/double sided tape showing/wavyness/uneveness then it becomes ricerish. Notice how I said this mod has just NOW gone into the realm of ricerness, I didn't post initially because it looked good on the first few cars, especially the nismo bumpers(aside from the fact that it made it even lower compared to the stock sideskirts that were too low for the nismo in the first place)
Well shiet oem bumpers need protection too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Make a custom Carbon Fiber/Rubber splitter for your AfterMarket bumpers