Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Most of the new G37 bodykits, just make it look like a G35 coupe....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Actually price had nothing to do with it. Fact is, why buy an 07 g35 when I can buy an 03. But if I wanted a g37 I would have a g37. Is there something I'm missing because you are confusing me.

Are you one of those people who see a sale and say, "Man I can't wait till it comes off sale so I can pay FULL price."

Old 12-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Umm... well the 07 had more features, a nicer revised interior, projector headlights that actually light the road (how many pre-06 owners have upgraded their headlights? yeah that's what i thought), a higher horsepower/higher revving engine (allowing you to hold your gears longer and thus it is a faster car), much larger brakes that stop the same as the 03 but make zero dust, nice rays 22lbs 19" wheels, key-synchronized memory seat and steering, blahblahblah. If you have an automatic, the 07s all came w/ intellikey, which is a very nice upgrade over the old nissan altima key/fob.

Now, the 08 G37 is actually a bigger improvement over the 07 G35 coupe than it is over the 2003... but if you tell yourself it is ugly and then buy a car that is 5 years old it just makes me wonder about your motivations

As soon as I drove an 08 G37S for 10 minutes I was ready to throw my 06 coupe in the trash... goes better, stops better, turns better, works better, blahblahblah, ugly rear tail-lights ain't gonna make keep a far inferior car. The dealer did better than making me dump my old coupe, too, gave me >$26,000 for it, almost exactly what it was worth. But hey I must be crazy

No offense.

Last edited by mal_TX; 12-24-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by mal_TX
Umm... well the 07 had more features, a nicer revised interior, a higher horsepower/higher revving engine (allowing you to hold your gears longer and thus it is a faster car), much larger brakes that stop the same as the 03 but make zero dust, nice rays 22lbs 19" wheels, key-synchronized memory seat and steering, blahblahblah. If you have an automatic, the 07s all came w/ intellikey, which is a very nice upgrade over the old nissan altima key/fob.

Now, the 08 G37 is actually a bigger improvement over the 07 G35 coupe than it is over the 2003... but if you tell yourself it is ugly and then buy a car that is 5 years old it just makes me wonder about your motivations

As soon as I drove an 08 G37S for 10 minutes I was ready to throw my 06 coupe in the trash... goes better, stops better, turns better, works better, blahblahblah, ugly rear tail-lights ain't gonna make keep a far inferior car. The dealer did better than making me dump my old coupe, too, gave me >$26,000 for it, almost exactly what it was worth. But hey I must be crazy

No offense.

You make some good points but it depends on what you want. Just because its a new feature doesn't make it better. As a matter of fact it took me forever to find my '03 G (which I got less than a month ago) because I couldn't find one with all the options that I wanted. I still don't have Nav but I considered after looking for several months that I better take it.

280 Hp is MORE than enough, I don't drive fast but I like to have a nice lil boost when I need it. I go soley for looks. The interior of the 05+ G is better because of the guages and the automatic shifter. The downside is the temp and volume are *****. (I hate ***** and I'm very particular).

As far as intellikey goes, I HATE intellikey. I have to park ouside my garage because I own 3 cars (An M Class Mercedes and An old S Class Mercedes) With a normal key all you have to do is open the door and turn they key in the winter to warm the car. When I rented an Altima, intellikey was cool to show my friends but actually functionality I hated. I had to physical sit in the car hit the button and then get out. That got old REALLY quick last winter. And no I don't believe in automatic starts. They f*cked up my M Class, the key fob and engine have had nothing but fits with it so I don't do it anymore.

Further more, I can't be seen in a car I think is ugly, it eats at me. i can't sleep at night. I really can't stand it. My windows on the car I just bought are not tinted. And its eating me alive everytime I see it. I have 17 inch rims and I want to vomit every time I walk to my car. I actually think my far is ugly now, But I know it's potential....so its ok. Didn't know I ever had to explain myself on the internet, but hopefully now you understand.

I use to be a horspower guy, but really, as long as I can pass quickly on the highway, and beat 90% of the punk *** kids at a stoplight, I'm good.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
that kit is so ugly...

Old 12-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Well the 07 coupe didn't have push button start, just intellikey, which operates just like a real key except you don't have to really put it into the ignition. I have to agree that push button start is taking the concept a little farther than it needs to. That said, I love the "leave the key in your pocket" aspect and w/ the twist start like on my wife's FX35, it's pretty much perfect.

As for looks keeping you up at night... yikes. You don't have to explain yourself at all... I have a problem not calling people out if I think they are in denial or otherwise b.s.-ing. You could just ignore me, haha.

That's cool tho, I see what you are saying. Most people I've met prefer the new car over the old car. A lot of people who still have the old car like to say how the old car is so much better looking -- but I've not heard that a lot from people who own other cars or are just casual enthusiasts. Whatever, if we all liked the same thing every car would look the same, right? To each his own.

Enjoy your car. I really loved my old coupe.... my new coupe is the best car I've ever owned, hands down, but I did love my old coupe a lot as well (it was tinted and the 19" forged factory rims were sweet tho! just kidding). I used to have to downshift to pass quickly on the highway tho..and now I can just jab the gas and go flying by... heheh j/k

Last edited by mal_TX; 12-25-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Body > G37 Body

Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by mal_TX
Well the 07 coupe didn't have push button start, just intellikey, which operates just like a real key except you don't have to really put it into the ignition. I have to agree that push button start is taking the concept a little farther than it needs to. That said, I love the "leave the key in your pocket" aspect and w/ the twist start like on my wife's FX35, it's pretty much perfect.

As for looks keeping you up at night... yikes. You don't have to explain yourself at all... I have a problem not calling people out if I think they are in denial or otherwise b.s.-ing. You could just ignore me, haha.

That's cool tho, I see what you are saying. Most people I've met prefer the new car over the old car. A lot of people who still have the old car like to say how the old car is so much better looking -- but I've not heard that a lot from people who own other cars or are just casual enthusiasts. Whatever, if we all liked the same thing every car would look the same, right? To each his own.

Enjoy your car. I really loved my old coupe.... my new coupe is the best car I've ever owned, hands down, but I did love my old coupe a lot as well (it was tinted and the 19" forged factory rims were sweet tho! just kidding). I used to have to downshift to pass quickly on the highway tho..and now I can just jab the gas and go flying by... heheh j/k

Yep, I have to downshift, but since I can't drive a manual this is as close as I will get.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 12-25-2007, 01:39 PM
The G37 is a better car than the G35. That's without a doubt. Stock 07 coupe versus stock 08 coupe. That's based on specifications, stiffness, brakes, performance, technology.

As far as looks...everyone to their own. People buy the Toyota Prius and the Scions and stuff....I hate those cars wouldn't buy one ever but people like it. Some like the G35 coupe styling better than the G37 coupe styling.

On another note, I love those wheels on the IMPUL G37

Old 12-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TurK
how are you going to make a thread like this with out pictures?
How are you going to comment when you arent going to read the farther down the page . I added a link with pics before you even postedDOMO

Last edited by in2win; 12-25-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:35 PM
because if the first post sucks im not going to bother reading the rest. Thank You come again.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
extreme, lol. good harold and Kumar...I cant come back from that.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like the altima

Old 12-26-2007, 12:28 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I still dont like it, I will agree it has a much better interior, and is much more advanced, and stock for stock it wins, but I still cant let go of my G35, dont know why................

Old 12-26-2007, 12:41 AM
I'll think about buying a g37 once they do some minor redesign to the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most of the new G37 bodykits, just make it look like a G35 coupe....